Vogue Netherlands March 2018 : Luna Bijl by Richard Burbridge

It's very Burbridge, but I feel like I would love this if it was the cover of Vogue Beauty instead.

It's a try hard wannabe of Vogue Paris.

The 80s theme. The fonts. The layout. This feels like the twin sister who desperately craves for attention.

Luna strike another cover and this also a good one

Looks very Allure Russia with their excess garishness, not a fan. Normally Dutch Vogue are all over their models, I'm surprised it took them this long to give Luna her OG cover.

5-dingen-die-je-moet-weten-over-vogue-coverster-luna-bijl-11459.jpg

vogue.nl

It looks like she’s about to pop a zit on her nose.

Not sure if I like it but it's certainly eye-catching and Luna Bijl is excellent.

Lol, not the voice I was expecting at all! If you only heard the audio you'd think she's 12 years old.

Not sure if I like the cover yet or not, but I'm very happy Luna has another Vogue cover under her belt and I'm glad the industry is supporting a talented model. And Benn98, I find her voice super cute lol.

Not sure if I like the cover yet or not, but I'm very happy Luna has another Vogue cover under her belt and I'm glad the industry is supporting a talented model. And Benn98, I find her voice super cute lol.

Lol, I dunno why I expected more of a husky tone. Maybe it's because of her the fierce presence. She speaks like she's trying to keep an alabaster underneath her tongue, but it's still cute.

I really like it. I just hope this will be a new beggining and they leave behind their pregnant women and babies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the garishness of the make-up, but its just a bit too close up. And that VP art direction does not need replicating.

I really like it. I just hope this will be a new beggining and they leave behind their pregnant women and babies.

It seems they've moved on to people looking like children who have gotten into their mother's make-up bag.

Photographer: Ben Weller
Stylist: Dimphy Den Otter
Hair: Paolo Soffiatti
Make-Up: Siddhartha Simone
Model: Roos van Elk

clm-agency.com/photography/ben-weller

^ pleasant imagery although I've seen it done a million times before in a million variations with much more poetic results.

I love Richard Burbridge but we really don't need any more images of juveniles in dress-up mode. I prefer Richard's grittier, raw close-up portraits of Women and Men in which imperfections are assests to be marveled.

I never understand travel stories which look like they were shot in any random spot. I'm assuming Weller's story was shot in Marrakech (the taxis) yet we get shoddy angles and an imbalanced view on the styling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->