Vogue Nippon August 2010 : Abbey Lee Kershaw by Inez & Vinoodh

I'm so bored of Abbey. I don't like the cover, she looks really bad, tacky and weird :rolleyes:

hello kitty thing and vogue magazine? :lol:
i'd like to forget about this cover quickly. really very quickly. i used to like Abbey with long her, now i'm still not sure about her present look. styling is really bad indeed.
waiting for some news about the content

Apparently it is going to be a fashion spread, which is going to be styled and photographed by Lagerfeld.

Last year, Namie Amuro attended the Fendi S/S 2010 runway show in Milan, Italy as a special guest of Karl Lagerfeld. The pair was said to have collaborated on a photo shoot in Paris, France following the show, however, not much has surfaced from that encounter until now.

According to publisher, Fujisan, Amuro will be featured in the August 2010 issue of Vogue Nippon in a fashion spread styled and photographed by Lagerfeld. The issue will hit newsstands in late June.

Source: Amuromax.com

bigger cover
4910078950809.jpg

-rakuten.co.jp-

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently it is going to be a fashion spread, which is going to be styled and photographed by Lagerfeld.

Source: Amuromax.com

that's so nice! but i'm not excited that he will style + photograph. i don't like him as a photographer.

i'm excited a major japanese entertainer gets a full spread in Vogue! not even Ayu got that!

the cover is Vogue Taiwan, if i'm not wrong.

the other was a supplement, a special feature on Bulgari jewelry, not a regular fashion spread.

i got my hopes up that Namie'd spread will be treated like a regular editorial among the others, albeit with an interview.

Time for my monthly review ^_^

Interesting to note that there are some new font styles used for the editorial titles this month. The text is boxy instead of handwritten script now.

"Brand New Day"
Models: Hanne-Gaby Odiele, Patricia Van der Vliet, Tao Okamoto
Ph. Paola Kudacki
Styled by Aurora Sansone
16 pages
Studio story - one page per designer - with solo/duo shots for everyone. Lots of winter pieces, plenty of fur. Dude, summer has barely begun! :lol:

Beauty
"The Face of baeuty"
Model: Patricia Van der Vliet
Ph. Jem Mitchell
Makeup: Alex Box
5 Pages
Vogue Nippon REALLY loves Patricia! And her face just stuns in this beauty story :heart: Her hair is styled in various ways (Including one shot with a short brunette bob wig).

"Soft Machine"
Model: Anna Maria Jagodzinska
Ph. Hedi Slimane
Styled by Mika Mizutani
9 Pages
Beautiful black and white story featuring Anna J with messy hair and lacey pieces (Actual clothes are hard to see, though).

"The Untold Crime"
Model: Freja Beha Erichsen
Ph: Terry Richardson
Styled by George Cortina
18 Pages
Freja out on a town in New York City, some indoor shots.

"Red Star"
Model: Eniko Mihalik
Ph. Camilla Akrans
Styled by Sissy Vian
14 Pages
Eniko on the grounds of a mansion (And in a red convertible at times). All pieces worn by Eniko are animal print or red. The whole thing is very contrary to Camilla's usual soft style!

There is also a jewelry insert featuring four photos of Dovile V, Ph. Hiroshi Kutomi and styled by Rena Semba.

That's all :flower: It's a great August issue in my opinion!

Dovile!!?!!! :woot::woot::woot: talk about unearthing a gem i can't wait to see that.:clap:

^^Sorry, I only did the model review.

Namie and Karl's collaboration is indeed in this issue, her spread is near the end.

"Cool Meets Cool"
4 pages - 3 photos
+1 page article on Namie's success as a pop artist

Omedetou Amuro-sama! ^_^

I haven't even gotten the July issue yet, apparently it's out of stock here :doh:.

The review of this issue sounds fantastic. Such a great line up of models and photographers.
I'm curious about Freja's edit, even though Terry's work is predicable. Eniko's sounds positively promising too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waldzios
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->