Vogue Nippon December 2010 : Sasha Pivovarova by Inez & Vinoodh

I'm happy for Sasha but there's something odd about this cover imo.
Alessandra looks DOPE! :D

she's giving me all sorts of Foxy Cleopatra 2.0 haha

Love the 90's vibe in Alessandra's cover!

HQ

Glamour Supreme
Alessandra Ambrosio by Giampalo Sgura

Elite Blog

Last edited by a moderator:
^hates out, guys:judge::P just because it is Alessandra, is not a reason to hate this! tbh, the cover is beautiful! (imo,much better than main cover) ...i really hope there is a little ed inside....

i never had a problem with her
im just tired of her appearing
in VN the same way i feel about Karlie in Vogue US

I have no problem with Alessadanra for VN but these pics are awful.:lol: Anna's styling, non?

Is that Edita in the leopard print?:woot::unsure:

edita will be in the next issue, in january
it looks as Mikael jansson`s work (very similair to her oct 2009 editorial in Nippon vogue by him as well)

As it looks from the preview, theme of the next issue is Icons and I hope we'll see any of the Iconic models on the cover & inside.

mentions on the cover doesnt mean anything in Nippon vogue))its just words to write something

Flipped through it today and chose not to buy it.

There are 3 eds :
Eniko by Sebastian Faena
Maryna Linchuk by Daniel Jackson (I think...)
Edita by Sebastian Faena

^There is also Hanne-Gaby Odiele by Matt Irwin. Maryna is by Anthony Ward and Edita's story is surprisingly short (8 pages of double-page spreads)...:smile:

But oh my God, the best part of the issue is the Johnny Weir feature "Johnny in Wonderland." Think giant Hello Kitty mascots and all :rofl:

And next month's issue preview with Edita was shot by Mario Sorrenti.

Alessandra is no VOGUE material! As gorgeous as she looks, as nice as she is, as hot as she walks and everything!!!! There's a SPECIAL kind of high fashion models who are able to do those shoots and the reason why she didn't before is simple: she wasn't supposed to; so to see her ruining an editorial like that, it's a shame where a loooooot of high fashion girls could have done it!

Let's see she's a sexy-glamour-hot girl I mean whatever but NOT high end fashion editorial edgy girl! I mean don't get me wrong she looks HOT on those shots but is she doing something else besides looking hot??? NO! She doesn't sell the idea of HIGH FASHIONNNNNNNNNNNNN she's just posing and doing what I'm sure the photographer told her. And the cover of the beauty edition = yes it's good and hot and the clothes look hot but a high fashion girl could have done way better with a different pose and something with her face than just doing what she's doing = nothing (oh yeah closing her eyes and having her arms in the air) ... yeah .... whatever.

The debate could go on for eons about commercial/VS girls doing HF and what not. At the end of the day, I appreciate the diversity in Ale's work and how she and her management are choosing projects that showcase her talent in a different and versatile manner.

In regards to the posing, Ale is no Coco, but c'mon some responsibility has to be placed on the editor that chose the shot because I'm not going to believe that was the best shot that she could deliver.

I still love how most people willingly ignore the fact that before most VS models were VS models they were, generally, "high fashion" models. :lol:

Also, why do people always blame the model for how they pose in editorials, do you not think they aren't being DIRECTED to pose by the photographer and others?

I'm a fan of Alessandra in Vogue Nippon. It's great to see Anna's presence in the issue. Glamour Supreme is no exception.
This issue sounds promising. As usual the casting is impressive, always a delight. That's the best I've seen Hanne-Gaby!

I'm a fan of Ale as well, but they seriously need to give her some variety in her editorials...

i'm excited for the irwin ed! i love the styling, the colors and hanne-gaby! as for the rest...not so excited for the faena eds. i don't like his photography style...is it just me or vn is just degrading themselves? idk. i just hope this will be good, with solid and original content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->