Vogue Nippon September 2010 : Natasha Poly by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

God, I think she's the model of the year!!!

Im happy for Ms Poly snagging another Sept issue but between this and her current V cover Im getting major shades of 'Paris Is Burning'. Why are they giving her drag-face lately???

^ I know, she use to look fantastic in magazine covers, but lately, she looks rather manly in magazine covers, bad choice of photo I guess.

In the HQ, it looks like bad photoshop work, they are weird edges around her body.

this was a gorgeous photograph but the text ruins it for me, and why does it say american beauty, what are they referring to? Natasha? The styling? None of them are very american or at all for that matter. could someone roll out the credits?

the Photoshopping is atrocious. Whats with the Jagged line around her body?

Oh my god, the jagged line. Please let that be some sort of error...
Otherwise, wow they really just don't care.

natasha hasn't delivered a great cover this year yet. her muse's cover was fantastic. this cover is just forgetable.

ikr, I love Natasha but that jagged line is just horrible and disturbing in HQ. :lol:

Women Blog says cover is shot by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin.

:lol: The 'American Beauty' thing is more conceptual than it is literal. Come on. These models earn a living by more or less pretending to represent concepts and lifestyles to us; each magazine cover presents us with a different character (usually). You don't see a military themed editorial or cover and complain because they are not ACTUALLY in the military. Good grief, people.

IKR?? Calm down people! At least this isn't as bad as when they put 'African Soul' on Anna Selezneva's March 09 cover. :lol:

And regarding the horrible photoshopping I noticed that on some HQ photos of covers the photoshopping will be terrible but it won't look like that in real life for example.
27zl1ci.jpg

*polystoned.tumblr.com*
This wasn't the cover but I was horrified that they left it like that. :ninja:

What the hell have they done to Natasha..? She looks unnaturally mature :shock: I'm seldom disappointed with her work, but that covershot is simply off-putting. The colors are dreadful, they dramatically let the cover down.

Natasha is gorgeous, but the cover just leaves me underwhelmed, the look seems kinda stale, too tan, 70s hair, doesnt look fresh, hopefully the eds are exciting.

I absolutely love this. She looks like a supermodel on the cover. I hate the "American Beauty" text though, but other than that this cover is gorgeous!

I'm not crazy about the cover its to bronzed and blond. Although I do love that she's not in a typical cover pose which is nice but the look itself itsn't too hot.

Pretty sure that it is not going to be apparent on the actual cover. That HQ cover is not even HQ.

^ Yeah, I was waiting for someone to point that out. It really bugs me when people post "fake" HQ images here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->