Vogue Paris April 2009 : Scarlett Johansson by Mario Sorrenti

Anna looks fantastic! Love the concept and styling of her editorial. Lily's is interesting too! I love the concept with the 'fake' baby.
& the supplement? what is it? a note book, as in with writing paper inside? :lol:

Maryna! :woot:

thank you for posting everything Alien Sex Friend

Last edited by a moderator:
giampaolo sgura for VP is awesome news! i love his work for mens mags! :heart:

lily and anna s look great as always :smile: :smile:

i like scarlett's first pic too

Loving Maryna's shot... I hope she'll get another full ed soon!

I can't WAIT to buy this issue! Lily's edit is hysterical. It reminds me of something straight out of the acme of VP, in 2005 or 2006, when Carine would constantly do provocative editorials. Lily looks stunning and I actually like the styling. I think it's supposed to be a commentary on teen pregnancy-Lily is dressed almost like a little girl. She looks like a trashy trailer trash teen mommy! I love it! And the props are adorable-especially the rocking horse!

Anna's edit is alright, but not my favorite. It reminds me too much of her edit with Eva Herzigova in the November issue, the only thing is that edit was SO much better than this. The gender-bending is a little annoying. I do like the brother/sister concept, but I don't want to see the same clothes from a Tommy Hilfiger catalogue in VP. I only really like the pics where Anna channels a young bourgeois girl. But Anna truly is one of those models, like Milla Jovovich, who can transcend gender lines. And she makes a pretty striking guy.

Eniko's edit is not the best. I only like the pic where she is glamming it up in the deep slit black gown with the skull strapped to her garter. The rest of it is just confusing. The other model is interesting looking, but I wouldn't call her attractive. Whoever mentioned that it was Basquiat and Warhol inspired was spot on. The drawings on the first page are definitely Basquiat. And the Warhol wig Eniko wears is unmistakably a reference to Warhol. And the androgynous model REALLY looks like Basquiat. But I don't understand how Basquiat and Warhol are relevant to either this issue or the current Zeitgeist...

I like the shots of Lara, even if they look like discarded images from her "Nuit Noire" editorial from March 2008. There is just something I love about Lara with blood red lips and dramatically styled blonde hair! And she's wearing Alaia, so double whammy!

I SOOOO wish I could buy this issue and get a notebook! But they most definitely won't be selling it with the notebook in the U.S. That really angers me. It makes ZERO sense why subscribers don't get supplements. There is really no point to subscribing.

Beauty Editorial - Photographer: Ben Hasset - Model: Bianca Balti :flower:

Snapped by me - sorry for the bad quality

The two pics of the gorgeous Maryna Linchuk...:blush:

090324064944648936.jpg
090324065050449882.jpg

my own scans

Why the suscribers don't receive the sup?? annoying!!

I love Ben Hasset photography, thanks for the previews :flower:

I would love to see bigger pics of Scarlett too all these eds look gorgeous!! :flower:

Maryna better work :woot:.

And how can you not love Lily's editorial, it's so.....charming in a twisted kind of way. Even Anna's is very clever (even though I dislike her and the concept is quite ANTM). So far it seems like a solid issue

Maryna really is the ultimate Dior/Galliano girl...
She's the face of Miss Dior Chérie
She's the face of the Addict lipstick
She opened Galliano's FW09.10 show
She's featured with Dior products in Vogue Paris...

John had better give her a RTW campaign this season!

Thanks for the scans!

Surprisngly gorgeous shots of Maryna. I would prefer a proper editorial of that over Lily's whatever you want to call it.

Maryna really is the ultimate Dior/Galliano girl...
She's the face of Miss Dior Chérie
She's the face of the Addict lipstick
She opened Galliano's FW09.10 show
She's featured with Dior products in Vogue Paris...

John had better give her a RTW campaign this season!

Thanks for the scans!

I totally agree !

Some nice shots, but overall this issue feels like it was made by people pretending to be Vogue Paris - and getting very close, but somehow not really replicating its essence. This issue just doesn't feel authentic, it feels like it's made from inferior elements that have the appearance of brilliance, but on closer inspection, aren't that great.

I would buy this issue to rip it up for selected pages, but not to preserve for future reading. And I would hardly ever eviscerate a French Vogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->