Vogue China April 2006 : Daria Werbowy by Mario Sorrenti

ericyoung1111

Reaction score
the cover is Daria Werbowy wear in Armani Prive. very powerful and fabulous!!!
this issue have big theme: couture! you can see something special just in VOGUE China,

Vogue China always has great models be its cover. Last time was Gemma, and can't wait to see Daria.

Vogue China seems to be beating other Vogues, especially US Vogue. They always have awsome covers. I live in Portugal but I have a friend in Hong Kong who buys the magazines for me, so I'm quite lucky!

Yeah, the covers are great but I don't think the articles or editorials really push to boat out. The fashion is really quite conservative and boring IMO.

^ I've never thought about Vogue China from that aspect Susie. But now I think about it, you're right, their fashion styling is quite safe and nothing too out-there. But their in-depth and detailed beauty articles are fantastic IMO :mrgreen: they disect the beauty trends and what products you can use to re-create the look

^That's the standard way of writing beauty articles in Asian magazines - well at least in HK, nearly all beauty articles are very detailed and list everything step by step, product by product! That's why most females in HK are VERY knowledgeble about beauty stuff (probably more so than about fashion....:ninja:)

^ Ahh, I didn't know that. I just thought they were making a special effort to be extra-thorough, especially with having gotten used to the standards of the (non-existant) beauty section in Vogue UK. I think that's really one of Vogue UK's weaker areas and they should seriously consider investing more resources into its improvement.

^US Vogue is sub-par with its beauty section as well. But maybe it will improve now that whats-her-name has moved on and they'll be getting a new beauty editor.

Eric - my grandma in China can't seem to find any magazine stands with Vogue China -- the post office hasn't even heard about it! :( Any idea why? I really want to subscribe to it...

Thanks for the information, though! Vogue China rocks ^^ I'm so glad I can actually read it XD

ericyoung32,2006030814539.jpg

I have always loved Vogue China covers, and this one is no exception. ^_^

Aww... it's the Privé dress that Hana wore down the runway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->