Vogue Paris April 2011 : Gisele Bündchen by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin

The eds posted are good so far. Such a good start.
Good to see Snejana in VP again.
Thanks for awesome scans, Diorette!

i think alt is playing it a little safe this month, solid models, nothing too brash or outrageous, but she is hip enough to keep it interesting. i personally love this issue. glad to see no nips. hahahaha

I think I'll have wait till the August issue to be able to properly judge Alt as and editor. Though I do like how shes going to make some changes like more pages of reading, not that I can read French but I do think that it'll give the magazine a bit more substance.

Anyways, I'm not a fan of the cover, quite forgettable even though its Gisele, and the eds for me are either a hit or a miss. For me the hits were Snejana and Malgosia. For me these had the models and the clothes or jewellery sharing the spotlight.

I think a lot of the people here aren't a fan of pretty simple, but equally stunning editorials, and are just looking for something quite controversial or out of the norm, but i like the issue.

Sasha's editorial is probably my favourite.

Green Girls with Sasha and the beauty editorial with Snejana are the highlights of this issue in my own opinion. Sasha's green tongue picture was just artistically done and Snejana's shots are just too hard to miss. :smile:

Immaculée Séduction
VOGUE PARIS APRIL 2011
Ph: Hans Feurer
St: Marie Chaix
M: Anja Rubik

Facebook / Anja Rubik & Sasha Knezevic Fan Page

Anja's ed is truely amazing but I don't get the ponytail thing wrapped into cloth.

Totally obsessed with this issue, amazing vibe and energy:woot:. Love the early 90s feel to Anjas edit she looks fab:heart:, Sasha has never looked more lovely and even though Im tired of the western theme, Isabeli is killin it in this edit, and the photography is bananas.:flower:

Immaculée Séduction - Immaculately beautiful indeed! I love it to death. It`s so simple but breathtaking. Anja looks gorgeous as usual.

Coup D'Eclat - it`s nice but it left me hanging. No impact at all

Overall I consider this to be a mediocre issue, it should have been much better given the model cast and creative team. IMO, the biggest misstep is the cover because let's face, it's not as if VP has not put out issues with mediocre editorials so that is not a surprise but the cover images are usually strong. I agree with others that this image would have made a better cover.

Green Girls (Sasha Pivovarova by Hans Feurer and Marie Chaix) - Three beautiful images, enough said, other than :wub: the green tongue!

Wanted! (Isabeli Fontana by David Sims and Emmanuelle Alt) - A standout! Not groundbreaking but nonetheless it sizzles, :heart: the toughness, the dirtiness, the masculine vibe, the western theme and Isabeli's blazing eyes. A nitpick, it would have been even better with one or two fewer images.

L'heure pure (Snejana Onopka by Katja Rahlwes and Géraldine Saglio) - I am not blown away but this is a good utilitarian ed, Snejana is serving as a lovely backdrop in an ed that is informing me of the the latest trends in watches and jewelry. Thumbs up.

Eco-style (Gisele Bündchen by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin and Emmanuelle Alt) - I have already weighed in that I think that this ed is lacking. IMO the photography is the main culprit here, Inez and Vinoodh did not bring their A-Game. The lead photo is a rear view of Gisele with her backpack causing her shorts to ride up... really, really, could it be that this image is out of sequence?

Immaculée Séduction (Anja Rubik by Hans Feurer and Marie Chaix) - The other standout in the issue, it has the energy and star power that the cover ed lacks.

Coup d'eclat (Małgosia Bela by Josh Olins and Veronique Didry) - There are some good images in this ed but there is something that is not quite "there" about it, it looks like an assemblage of photos of a chick wearing white. On that note, between this ed, Anja, Gisele's and even Snejana's ed, this feels more like a summer issue than a spring one.

Hans Feurer gets the MVP award for this issue. Despite this being an underwhelming issue, I am looking forward to seeing to seeing what Emmanuelle Alt can do, this interview which was posted upthread intrigued me.

What a brilliant issue, I'm impressed. The highlight of is obviously Snejana! Can't believe she's back in VP and looking so gorgeous. She was the perfect choice for this kind of editorial. Both Sasha's and Anja's editorials are incredible aswell, just wish Sasha's was longer.
Really like Gisele aswell, great styling and perfect location.

wow love Anja's ad... also very ELLE France 80's beg of 90's... same feeling as Sasha's editorial...

the anja ed looks good, could've been better though. reminds me a bit of the 80's.

Just flicked through it and I don't know what to think. It's very... quiet. I won't say boring because that wouldn't fit, but it's it lacks of a little "wow" factor.

The Gisele ed is pretty cool, you can feel the warm weather while you look at the photos. My favourite is the Bruce Weber one. Definitely the best thing about this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->