Vogue Paris April 2011 : Gisele Bündchen by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin

It's very... quiet. I won't say boring because that wouldn't fit, but it's it lacks of a little "wow" factor.

My sentiments exactly. While it's quite normal to see some fresh white for spring, this is actually a bit bland. I'm missing the excitement VP always brought, but then again, it's Emmanuelle's first issue, so I'm not making any judgement yet.

Snejana's shots are gorgeous, though. Obvious highlight this time for me.

I'm not really keen on Anja's ed, maybe it's the hair that is strange. Coup d'éclat is very nice. As usual, Malgosia delivers, even with such simple clothes.

Immaculée Séduction is the clear standout. Holy crap are the photos gorgeous! Hans is a great fit at VP. Sims' story is also noteworthy.

^ I don't think so. I didn't get one...

I didn't think there was one. I am only asking because every issue in the past 6 or so months has come with a supplement. I like my issues to come wrapped, but apparently this one won't because it doesn't come with a supplement. Do you know when it will hit French newsstands?

Love Gisele on the cover. I think with the colouring it is amazing. But I don't like the ed as much. Isabeli looks so damn gorgeous! Wanted! is a fantastic ed.

Just flicked through it and I don't know what to think. It's very... quiet. I won't say boring because that wouldn't fit, but it's it lacks of a little "wow" factor.

I'm afraid I have to say the same. Judging from all the scans provided, I feel underwhelmed compared to previous issues. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled Snejana's got some shots inside and I love how 80's-Elle Immaculée Séduction is. But like yourself, I feel there's something heavily missing. I'm not even that impressed with Inez & Vinoodh's editorial. I guess I have En Vogue and Zoom to look forward to, when I pick the issue up.

^ I agree with you both. Each editorial is certainly good but I feel they are kind of weak in general, being put together in one issue. They all feel 'vegetal', if it's a right expression.

I liked it, but not wowed like I was with Gisele's 07 story. It does remind me of her early work/look, which is always nice to see though.

This issue is pretty good, great to see Snejana after some years than she don't appreared on this magazine & also Feurer made a great work with Anja & Sasha. :heart:

I really like the Beauty spread and En Vogue... but of course Géraldine can do no wrong in my eyes :lol:

Thank goodness Anja's skin tone didn't really look as bad as what was posted in #327.

Chow Time is amazing! So, so good :heart:

I flipped through it yesterday at palais de tokyo. one could see that there is a differance in the content already. nevertheless I dont think it is that exciting, so,e of the eds are ok, the isabeli ed all cowboy and stuff feels like a reprint from some other magazine, nothing really feels new or innovative. Its like emmanuelle wrote; its a (very) familiar paysage...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
todayfendi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->