Vogue Paris August 2010 : Freja Beha Erichsen by David Sims

^raquel's too klassy to do so, we both know that. but seriously, give the girl a cover!!

Holly sh!t. Freja is reaping in on all the important covers this year, d a m n. Gearing up to knock out mdc #2

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm happy they continue doing that long one-brand-one-page editorial at the beginning of this season. And thank god, they finally changed the photographer for once.

Nice to see Freja on the cover, and she looks really good.

Freja is everywhere right now!!! she looks amazing i love her rock chic style but the only problem with her is her expression seem like i see it over and over again.

i had thought Maryna was the one with the
cowboy hat...i was seriously going to get really excited

I love the cover, total 180 from last month. It's fresh and its something new(ish) for VP, even if Freja has been around forever at this point.

I am really interested in seeing the Eniko ed. I didn't even recognize her in the small image, it looks very very sexy.

Saw it coming! :D So glad for Freja and the contents seem promising! ^_^

oh no, I didn't even notice that this was by David Sims. That means that, unfortunately, we'll probably have a main editorial by him. :doh:

I'm SO happy for Freja, but I must admit that I was hoping that her solo cover would be more glamorous and dynamic. I don't dislike the cover image and I do appreciate the very Bohemian, raw, natural sexiness that it portrays, but I wish there was more of a wow factor. This image would be great for an editorial, but it just lacks the energy and sparkle that make a great cover.

That said, the contents look fantastic. I can't wait to see more!

I think this cover is meant to be sexy, but actually it is the other way around. :rolleyes:
looking forward to Karmen's ed ^_^

Freja looks so dead here. I hate the hair and the pose, although I love the styling and the background. Even so, this cover is not doing it for me. I expected better from Sims.

i dont like this cover. it's just off. colour, pose, style,... overall, it's not a good cover.

Not as good as her fantastic Vogue UK cover earlier this month but it's ok. There were worse VP covers this year.

As usual I feel Vogue Paris is going down every month for me their last decent covers were:

- the november 2009 cover with Isabeli Fontana and
- the march 2010 cover with Rose Cordero

Since then Natasha poly's cover was a déjà-vu for me and Penelope's and Kate's covers or even Daria's for february weren't as strong or as good as they should have.

To me this cover is lazy and I agree with another member here where it's the first time in years that British Vogue did better than Vogue Paris (and I don't even really like the British Vogue cover with Freja that much so...). But what I mean it's that Freja could have looked stronger or with a different pose : here she stands there and the backdrop hum... and the fonts well it's a mediocre cover once again. But I always look for their editorials, hope Sessilee and Eniko's are as good as I think they are.

OMG!
How cool to see Freja we were feelling it and it's done... need it now!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->