Vogue Paris August 2010 : Freja Beha Erichsen by David Sims

I' not sure about the cover. I love David Sims, but the cover feels very unlike him (perhaps because it isn't shot in a studio, hehe). No doubt that Freja deserves a Vogue Paris cover, though, even if she is overexposed at the moment.

So the review looks something like this (judging by the table of contents on the first page) ?

-

Daria Werbovy by ?

Freja Beha Erichsen by David Sims

Joan Smalls (?) by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggot

Eniko Mihalik by Mario Sorrenti

Malgosia Bela by ?

Anja Rubik by?

Siri Tollerød by Sharif Hamza (En Vogue)

Karmen Pedaru by ?

Unknown Asian by ?

-

It looks really packed to be an August issue, doesn't it?

I'm glad than Freja got the cover, but i'm don't fan of this cover & can't wait to see others eds, especially Daria.

What an amazing issue, the content is great! :woot: Looking forward to seeing Malgosia & Joan's eds especially. Freja's cover is quite a let down, it's the colours which are putting me off...and the hair. here's hoping her ed is good. ^_^

I agree with the comments about Freja's hair, I really hate how its been looking lately and it looks bad here. Otherwise it's not a bad cover. Looking forward to seeing Siri!

Really over Freja at the moment, i find her really dull and boring, and that hair cut, its driving me insane, both Vogue covers she has done are both as uninspiring as each other!!!!

I don't know what to say about the cover yet. I have this feeling that it's nice because Freja is such a fresh choice but something tells me that "what the heck is going on with the cover?".

Excited to see Malgosia and Daria's ed. though. :smile:

Boring, uninspired, wrong colouring, wish she closed the jacket, her Vogue UK is better, Vogue Paris covers are going downhill rapidly, I think that's it.

I' not sure about the cover. I love David Sims, but the cover feels very unlike him (perhaps because it isn't shot in a studio, hehe). No doubt that Freja deserves a Vogue Paris cover, though, even if she is overexposed at the moment.

So the review looks something like this (judging by the table of contents on the first page) ?

-

Daria Werbovy by ?

Freja Beha Erichsen by David Sims

Joan Smalls (?) by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggot

Eniko Mihalik by Mario Sorrenti

Malgosia Bela by ?

Anja Rubik by?

Siri Tollerød by Sharif Hamza (En Vogue)

Karmen Pedaru by ?

Unknown Asian by ?

-

It looks really packed to be an August issue, doesn't it?

according to the table of contents there is only one 60+ page fashion ed shot by Sims.

The cover looks okay. Her pose is a bit boring, but I love the contrast of the summer sky with the winter clothes.

Excited to see Siri in VP :woot:

I can only imagine how much better this would of looked, by Inez & Vinoodh. Hate to say it, but the cover looks boring.
On the other hand, I'm excited to see Daria and Eniko. Both of their pictures looks promising. Thanks for posting!

Looove the cover:woot:, Freja has never looked better her stare is piercing and i love the styling, very excited to see the huge fashion ed filled with all the amazing new fw collections and cant wait to see Darias:D

Last year was Lara's year, this year is definitely Freja's. I'm not very excited about the cover, I think her British Vogue is better. I'm looking forward to see Joan and Eniko's editorials!

i don't like the cover,Freja's hair looks terrible to me. and i can't wait to see Daria's eds.

What a breathtaking cover! Freja at her best. This has got to be one of VP's best covers this year in line with Daria`s Feb `10 cover.

I love the vibe of the cover. I also love how sweet, subtle and innocent Freja looks. I also adore the editorial previews!

I really love the cover! I'm not surprised to see Freja, but I think she looks amazing on the cover.

Unknown Asian by ? Maybe is Liu Wen :woot:. i can't wait to see that!

I don't think the unknown asian girl is Liu Wen, she's probably Yiqing yin who's mentioned on the index.

OMG, I soo saw this coming. As soon as I saw Carine talking about Freja in that documentary that I knew she was gonna get the August cover.

Proud of VP for finally putting a fresh face on the cover! And it's nice that they changed the cover photographer up a bit. Can't wait to see the ed!

I think I'm going to buy this issue only for Joan and Maglosia who look really promising. The cover is really weak, don't like that Heidi ( the cartoon ) feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->