Vogue Paris August 2020 : Natalia Vodianova by Nathaniel Goldberg

I think Natalia is a reasonable choice for the cover as she's related to LVMH (remember her LV cover back in 2014?), and I think she is living in Paris? That saves the logistic to arrange shootings under current circumstance. I am curious to see who else will be featured inside this issue. I guess we will miss Inez & Vinoodh for a while since they are based in New York? Unless they do those Zoom photographs...

A nice energetic cover, though natalia here didn't express as much energy as I think it was meant to portray. I can't that wont be getting this because I'm getting this anyway through a subscription.

I love Natalia as a model, but something about her made me lose that spark that she transmitted in the 2000s... I don't know if she made any changes or if it's time acting, not that it made her ugly, but as a model she doesn't enchant me so much. About the cover I didn't think it was good and "Vogue Paris" enough. I hope they produce something very good next month and with some models that we haven't seen on their covers for a while!

Alt wanted to let Farnetti to shine a bit. She is a nice girl. This cover is forgettable : the styling, the model, the headlines.

I honestly don't get the love for this cover. It's very mundane, even with the movement. I always feel like I'm on a different planet when I see everyone wet themselves over a Vogue Paris cover.

I love Natalia as a model, but something about her made me lose that spark that she transmitted in the 2000s... I don't know if she made any changes or if it's time acting, not that it made her ugly, but as a model she doesn't enchant me so much. About the cover I didn't think it was good and "Vogue Paris" enough. I hope they produce something very good next month and with some models that we haven't seen on their covers for a while!
I totally get what you mean. Back in the early 2000s there was still a sense of mystery that elevated her and even her rags to riches story made her interesting. But that story got milked out too much to the point that she’s now just a regular glamorous run of the mill rich model.

I think Natalia is a reasonable choice for the cover as she's related to LVMH (remember her LV cover back in 2014?), and I think she is living in Paris? That saves the logistic to arrange shootings under current circumstance. I am curious to see who else will be featured inside this issue. I guess we will miss Inez & Vinoodh for a while since they are based in New York? Unless they do those Zoom photographs...

We are going to give Emmanuelle a pass but Paris has a lot of people worthy of a cover and it’s not like they couldn’t have a Chanel, Hermès or Kering cover...And why not Lacoste or an emerging designer.
I feel like the special circumstances (That did not affect the quality of the magazine) could have inspired them in another way.

I’ve always dreamed of Farida Khelfa in the cover of VP for example...

That being said, a Natalia cover this year was inevitable as they were supposed to get married this year. So I guess, she will have another cover next year, once she becomes (the official First Lady of LVMH) Mme Arnault.

Her body is going north while her face expression is going south. The two things are just not that connected. I bet that the editorial will feature better cover options (as usual).

Imo it's not that she lost her spark, it's more that once she got super famous, a lot of her editorials became more like celebrity editorials instead of fashion editorials... I'd say the few exceptions to that have been her editorials with Roversi or Lindbergh (like the Roversi one for Interview in 2015).

Imo it's not that she lost her spark, it's more that once she got super famous, a lot of her editorials became more like celebrity editorials instead of fashion editorials... I'd say the few exceptions to that have been her editorials with Roversi or Lindbergh (like the Roversi one for Interview in 2015).
That’s a great way to sum it up and I think a similar thing is happening with Karlie Kloss!

Fresh cover, it's more striking than the previous one with Mica. Glad than Goldberg shoot for second time of VP on this year & Natalia looks a bit forced to reflect the pose & hope than the editorial will be better.

disregarding my hate toward Natalia, this cover looks exactly as the previous with Mica (and was quite good) but without Gia vibe...
same background
same photographer (thy tho? he is also shot cover for Vanity fair France, is he becoming fav conde nast france photographer out of the blue?)
clothes look alike
hairdo is similar too

The cover needs better cropping to be a decent one.

I’m a bit afraid of what we can expect for September and the anniversary issue

They could put the anniversary issue to Dec./Jan. which will save them more time to prepare content. They did their 75th anniversary in that month back then so there is this possibility. Or they could put on more content from the archive and do some creativity around it (something similar like UK Vogue did in the August issue but not necessarily the same).

I’m a bit afraid of what we can expect for September and the anniversary issue
A Top Model wearing Jeans...A Parisian « themed » issue. I can only expect recurrent themes done more or less in the same way.

I would love for Jean Paul Goude to shoot the anniversary cover. I would love for Carlyne to style one ed but it’s all a dream...

If they weren't able to produce any new content whatsoever for the anniversary issue and instead, it was a solid 300 pages of reprinted material, I think I'd buy about ten copies.

Whoa second Vogue August cover for Natalia
overall nice cover, nothing special. A bit tired of the white background...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->