Vogue Paris August 2020 : Natalia Vodianova by Nathaniel Goldberg

I'm struggling to understand the frustration towards the similarity between this month and last month's covers? We're in the middle of a pandemic, resources are tight yet Alt has managed to produce, deliver and execute conventional cover shoots - unlike most other publications.

OK, fair enough, we've encountered two consecutive Nathaniel Goldberg covers with white backgrounds and very similar styling but I honestly have to applaud Alt on her efforts - she's proved herself to a genius and formidable editor. I'm just so incredibly thankful that we've had some degree of normality with Vogue Paris over recent months.

Dont like this at all, she would have been more suited to a Brooke Shields cool kind of vibe with this outfit. The hair also looks strange unfortunately.

I like the cover, but once you see Bazaar's Bey you realize that it could've been done a lot better

Stunning issue, definitely a must-have for me!! Considering previews are not released yet, will hold off posting for now.
Natalia's cover edit, which is a designer profile on MGC, is actually the weakest in this issue. Yes, yet another designer profile being used as a cover. I imagine the only reason she got it was because of advertising demands. Because the true cover-worthy edits are the ones featuring Liya, Vittoria (sporting a new shorter cut), and Luna. Surprisingly solid considering it was shot by Sadli. Luna's Bijoux is just as stunning. Virginie's typical glossy and glam story Luna in beige outfits and gold jewellery. Sure many on here will like it.

Review: 114 Pages

Vogue Bijoux: Aux Vrai Chic Parisien (7 Pgs)

Photographer: Claudia Knoepfel
Stylist: Virginie Benarroch
Cast: Luna Bijl

Miss Vogue: Lola (10 Pgs)

Photographer: Mark Kean
Stylist: Virginie Benarroch
Cast: Can't ID

Brillant, Absolument (14 Pgs)

Photographer: Nathaniel Goldberg
Stylist: Emmanuelle Alt
Cast: Vittoria Ceretti

Sublime Liya (16 Pgs)

Photographer: Karim Sadli
Stylist: Aleksandra Woroniecka
Cast: Liya Kebede

Miss Dior (12 Pgs incl designer profile)

Cast: Natalia Vodianova, Maria Grazia Chiuri (small inset picture by Maripol)

Including features on Liya Kebede (with Trunk Archive and reprinted images), Colson Whitehead, and Kenneth Ize

The Jacquemus t-shirt:

Vogue Paris Digital Edition

Last edited:
114 pages?! That's almost French Elle-thin (but at least it won't take much space in the bookshelf). Still, very much looking forward to this issue - apart from the gorgeous cover, the review sounds promising.

magazine is available to download on the web through google search
this looks like Vogue Uk circa 2013 and is so freaking thin, thats just insane. you flip through and bam! its 4th cover... from new ads only Gucci and YSL (unbelievably bad by Teller with Grace Hartzel in a wig and with giant diamond on the background, its so weird with such latex-filled collection)

Misss Vogue is with Lola Nikon

Vittoria ed is ok because of nice posing, emotionally portraits and clothes, but its on a white background so its quite dull. however Nataniel knows how to work on the white back.
Liya ed looks exactly like Kaia ed from Vogue Italia by Karim. Studio and locations
Natalia ed is something taken from Elle France
Luna ed is typical beige bijoux ed from vogue paris, something we've seen 10000 times.

This issue is so freakin' thin... feels like I'm reading Madame Figaro - that's also the level of Natalia's editorial haha
But good edits overall! And between Liya's edit and the profile on Kenneth Ize, I've never seen more black faces in an issue of VP!

I'm feeling like some kid on the playground who is excluded from the game - sat here unable to download the issue for some bizarre reason! The suspense is killing me, very much looking forward to the issue from everyone's description and your review @[B]Benn98[/B]!

^Oh, sc3w it, lol! Here we go.

Vogue Paris August 2020

Miss Dior

Set Designer: Olivia Aine
Hair: Damien Boissinot
Makeup: Stephane Marais
Manicure: Laura Forget
Cast: Natalia Vodianova, Maria Grazia Chiuri (small inset picture by Maripol)

Vogue Paris August 2020

Brillant, Absolument

Hair: Stephane Lancien
Makeup: Christelle Cocquet
Manicure: Alexandra Janowski
Cast: Vittoria Ceretti

Vogue Paris August 2020

Sublime Liya