Vogue Paris Guest Editor Wishlist

Mr-Dale recently posted in the cover rumor thread that it was that time of year to start thinking about the Dec/Jan guest editor of Paris Vogue... so I thought it would be nice to give this thread a bump.

I would still like to see Hedi Slimane.
Riccardo Tisci would have been nice also... but since he has just recently finished guest editing the latest A Magazine I have my doubts.

Anyone else care to add their thoughts on who they wish for?

^I'd love to see Tisci, but yeah I agree about A magazine...

I'd also like to see Ghesquiere or Pilati, and Terry Richardson might be interesting too ^_^

I would love to see what Alber would do, i am sure it would be brilliant and i have this strange feeling that Marc Jacobs would make an amazing guest editor.

As long as he doesn't put a nude picture of himself on the front cover, I'm fine with Marc.

As long as he doesn't put a nude picture of himself on the front cover, I'm fine with Terry.

If I keep repeating the first half of that sentence, hopefully the universe will hear me and spare my eyes this Christmas.

:lol: i wouldnt mind a picture of naked terry on the cover :rofl:

martin margiela
rei kawakubo

I guess i'd like a model like Natasha Poly to guest edit :woot:

I would love anyone who gave us a strong personal vision of what the magazine would look like with them at the helm and not someone who's gonna make a retrospective on themselves like last year.

Or someone who's at least HAD a life of long and varied achievement.

We would probably get a more interesting-looking issue from a commercially-obscure arty person (like Louise Bourgeois) but we probably wouldn't be interested in the sound of it, it wouldn't appeal, even if it would inspire and inform. Yet the price you pay for getting a celebrity guest editor is often a lack of decent content or a coherent feel to what's going on.

And the issue has to last two months, so it has to pack its pages with something good.

I'd like some super models guest edit. Missy / Frankie Rayder, Naomi, and the new-ish models like Vlada R., Natasha P., and Sasha P. Sasha P. would be great with all of her art work and fashion background. I would like to see Marc or Alber guest edit, I have a feeling that those would be good issues. I would also love Victorie de Castallane (spelling?) edit, I love her jewerly!! Possibly even Mert & Marcus or Inez & Vinoodth, but for photographers I would have an issue where they shoot every edit not an issue edited by them. Maybe it would be nice? I would also love to see Emmanuelle, Geraldine, Melanie, or Marie take a whack at editing, it would be cool to see what it would be like if Carine wasn't there. Is bumping threads bad? If so, sorry. I just wanted to share my thoughts. :flower:

I'd love to see Carla Bruni-Sarkozy. As a former topmodel and First Lady of France, she'd make a wonderful guest-editor. Add to that that Emmanuelle Alt and Bruni are good friends... But on the other hand, I'm sure she would refuse as many people in France would disapprove of seeing her on the cover of a high fashion magazine because of the bad economy and blablabla...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh i do third that choice, she would make for an interesting guest editor!

Me fourth. Carla would be amazing on the cover of VP especially shot by M&M and she is a friend of Alt so it wouldn't be that impossible, if Michelle can cover US Vogue, why can't Carla cover the French edition?

I'd be down with a writer like Bret Easton Ellis or Chuck Palahniuk. They've created some great, fashionable fiction that I feel could be translated well to a visual pub like this.

I guess i'd like a model like Natasha Poly to guest edit :woot:

Cringe. Although I wouldn't reject the idea of another high-profile model guest editing Vogue Paris, again. Kate Moss' issue is seen as collectors, so I doubt something similar would be shunned.

Doubt I'd want Carla Bruni-Sarkozy to cover the issue. Maybes because I can already envision the banal black and white portraits. Donatella Versace would be spectacular.

I'd be down with a writer like Bret Easton Ellis or Chuck Palahniuk. They've created some great, fashionable fiction that I feel could be translated well to a visual pub like this.

I'm not sure I'd want to see those two in particular edit an issue, but I'd rather see an issue guest edited by someone who was more of an outsider to the fashion world just because of the different perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh i love this thread, so many great names.
i just hope Alt's first guest edited issue won't disappoint.
my list:
Daphne Guinness :heart:
Donatella Versace, agree with vogue28 on this one
David Lynch / Tim Burton
Tilda Swinton
Dita Von Teese
Gareth Pugh / Rick Owens

:ermm:

Johnny Depp
Alaïa
Grace Coddington
Haider Ackermann