Vogue Paris June/July 2015 : Daria Werbowy by David Sims

:angry: Worst Summer VP I've seen. It looks very cold & her expression does not help either!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sick of seeing Dior everywhere! But somehow this works, its an inspired styling for a double summer issue, daring even. I love that she has what looks like no, to very little, make-up on. Art direction is atrocious though, looks like a page opening!

I knew it was Dior even before Chanelcouture09 mentioned it! :P haha!

Not a fan of the cover, so here's to hoping the content will be amazing!

love the androgynous look and expression that she puts on. bravo vogue paris for not abusing photoshop! the layout bothers me a bit....why those punctuations have to be in red?

Apart from the unbalanced layout, I love it!

I hate the layout, i can't even tell if i like the cover because of it...

Ugh, that awful Dior sequined poloneck again! I quite like the cover actually. It looks more like an index page, but I like it. It's the type of image which I'll appreciate with time. Now whether it's June/July worthy is another topic, because it unfortunately doesn't ignite an instant purchase.

I'm disappointed that this cover is for June/July but I love it! I like the colors and the styling even if the layout is a bit strange like this.

I love the chill, frosty vibe. Love that is by Sims instead of M&M.
I don´t mind the weird layout but I´d get rid of the dots.

Oh man, i LOVE this. Then again, Daria can do no wrong. It reminds me of the Vogue Paris I used to care about.

Looking at the cover again I think it's not that bad, actually. It's quite decent, but very boring too. And sort of insipid.

The layout totally ruins it, though. And I have nothing against Daria, but she was on the cover in March and she's been in the cover of VP 6 times since Alt is the editor in chief. It's a little bit too much.

This is not a good cover, only thing I can say is I hope it looks better on the newsstand.

Is it just me or I see this as the complete opposite of their February cover? Bothe having the same aesthetics "white background and arms up high" but the February cover was all about being fun, cheeky, seductive and carefree while this one, the summer issue, is all about being polished, refined, yet being sexy!

I actually like it! It's not what I wanted for my summer issue and it's disappointing in a way that it's for J/J. But if this were for a different month, I'd be jumping for joy. Something about it looks dated and reminiscent to 2004/2005 Vogue Paris from the layout and color scheme. I hate the font the used for the main headline though.

Regardless of how cold it looks like, it's undeniably aesthetically a return to form for Vogue Paris. This could even pass for a Carine cover!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this shoot of Daria by David Sims except the white background, they would have to use a beautiful location instead -_-. Love the styling too but please they need to change this horrible font.

getting bored with the choice of coverstars of VP. Its just rotation between Daria, Lara, Kate Moss, Natasha and Anna Ewers in future.

why does everyone hate this? this is their best cover in MONTHS!!! WOW!!!! it's so beautiful. when's it out in france????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->