Porter #10 Fall 2015 : Daria Werbowy by Mikael Jansson

Can't wait to see the editorials! Sounds promising. Has anyone seen a copy?

really loving both covers. particularly the second one. there's just something utterly captivating about Daria. her eyes are incredible.

Porter just keeps on giving it. I'm dying to see the editorials.

Butch-Daria is starting to win me over. Loving that 2nd cover with the grease-monkey shot that also kind of looks like she's benchpressing.

Awesome.

I loved the cover betther than her Vogue Paris cover (recently) and I will definetly buy the issue -_-

Butch-Daria is starting to win me over. Loving that 2nd cover with the grease-monkey shot that also kind of looks like she's benchpressing.

Awesome.

It seems you've hit the nail right on the head, 'Butch-Daria' was indeed the inspiration for the cover feature.....:lol: Love it!

It’s a Bird, It’s a Plane, It’s Daria Werbowy!!!!!!

By Eddie Roche | July 27, 2015

You’ve got to keep it fresh these days and Porter was not playing around in their Fall issue where they got Daria Werbowy to climb a telephone pole in an editorial called True Grit. (Please comment away if you can think of another major model climbing a telephone pole for a story. We’re drawing a blank.) Mikael Jansson also shot Werbowy driving a tractor, chopping wood, painting a barn, and fixing cars while wearing Fall 2015 looks from Gucci, Dries Van Noten, Céline, Marc Jacobs, Dior, Proenza Schouler, Givenchy, and Tom Ford. A contrasting editorial, Soft Focus, shows us her softer side in looks from Agent Provocateur, Fleur of England, Chloé, Dries Van Noten, and Christopher Kane. Alex White styled both editorials. “Independent spirits—I find I’m drawn to that kind of woman,” Jansson says about their covergirl. “We need more characters like her [Daria]. She is a tomboy, yet she is always sensual—to me, that’s very special.”

The rest of the issue features tips from Karl Lagerfeld on how to stay timeless yet modern, an interview with Nancy Pelosi, a visit to Helena Christensen’s Catskills mountain home (We once saw her at the town fair. For real!), and a story about the rise of Swedish actress Alicia Vikander. Porter’s Fall issue, their biggest to date since going bi-monthly, hits stands on July 31st.

Sources: Fashionweekdaily.com

yobnLwd.jpg

instagram | portermagazine

In the new issue of @PORTERMagazine, visionary creative director of @Fendi @KarlLagerfeld reveals the secrets to staying stylish yet modern, while also photographing two of the most in-demand models of the moment @KendallJenner and @LilyMDonaldson, both in #Fendi’s new season designs. Oh, and that graffiti Karl? Just something the designer spray-painted while on set! See the full story when the issue hits newsstands Friday, July 31st.

The Daria "butch" edit sounds really tongue-in-cheek and clever. It's nice when fashion is self-aware.

No Jenner in Porter please :doh::doh::doh:

She's not even trying and Porter is the last magazine I wish to see her in.

It's a triptych foldout? Amazing...

Love my models tomboyish, non-fussy, and butchy but still all-woman. Now why do they have to ruin it by including Kendall? I'm all for including even all types includng her chunky face and average girl-next-door prettiness-- but she's so vapid with that one-expression. I don't think I've ever seen a girl as dead-in-the-eye looking as her. Yeesh.

Porter is consistently amazing! It keeps on delivering. Perhaps, the only magazine that never disappoints me. This is no exception. Wow! The cover in itself is amazing. I love the butch, dirty yet feminine feel that it gives me and that subscribers' fold out, beyond words! I am simply loving this and I cannot wait for the editorial.

Jenner though...

her 2 stories prove why fashion will never let her leave. Mikael captured her like no one else

Daria is truly timeless
And Jansson captures her in a way that showcases her strength while also maintaining her femininity.
Loving everything so far (minus she who must not be named)

however on earth I managed to miss the mention of Helena Christensen on the cover I don't know but clearly she is featured too... which is lovely...

On her impulsive decision to buy her Catskills retreat after a friend put a down payment on it without her actually seeing it:

“I was like, ‘Okay, this is crazy.’ I got back to New York, rented a car, drove up by myself, walked in, and thought, ‘This is the craziest thing ever but I think I’m actually going to buy it.’”

On yearning to return to Peru:

“For some reason, the memories from there are washing over me again in a way they’ve never done before. We used to go there a lot when I was a child, but then there was a period when it wasn’t safe—my mother didn’t want to return for many years… Even though I love traveling and I love exploring the world, there are not many places that I would want to settle and live. New York is one. But when I was in Lima last time, I had that feeling. Something inside of me just felt warm and safe and right.”

On fighting for the people she loves:

“There are just some people in my life whom I would fight for until the end, no matter what. And Norman [Reedus, Mingus’s father] is one of them. There’s him, my son, my boyfriend, my family. That’s my South American side, where you fight for your family, you fight for the people you love. My boyfriend’s always teasing me with, ‘Here comes that Peruvian side! The emotions are erupting.’”

On working as a photographer:

“When I work as a photographer, I get so excited and exhilarated I forget to breathe. I don’t ever once talk about stopping for lunch as a photographer, but as a model I want to stop for lunch like an hour into the shoot.”

On the generosity of her late friend, Heath Ledger:

“I helped him furnish his apartment in New York, and we were out shopping in a store that was full of the most beautiful furniture. I was looking at them [a pair of midcentury Danish chairs], I guess a little too long. Next thing he had bought them and said, ‘Thank you for helping me with my place.’”

On the dating rumors around Helena and Heath:

“There’s a long list of guys like that. It’s like, ‘Yeah, that one was actually my cousin and those are my two best friends.’”

On the closeness between her boyfriend, Interpol singer Paul Banks, and her son, Mingus:

“I see my boyfriend and my son hang out, or hear them talk, and it makes my heart completely melt.”

On the anxiety dreams she has from watching Mingus deal with homework and exams:

“Seeing this person you created and take care of and suddenly now they’re so independent...”

On her modeling career and keeping in touch with other models:

“I am more grateful now for that time than I was then. I am still friends with my group of models, and we try to keep in touch, even if we’re rarely in the same room, let alone country, at the same time. It’s amazing because we were that little group of girls in the same boat. I don’t think anyone would be able to understand what it was really like. We don’t need to explain anything, we just get together and laugh.”

evening standard

Daria is truly timeless
And Jansson captures her in a way that showcases her strength while also maintaining her femininity.
Loving everything so far (minus she who must not be named)

agree, I love when they work together...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->