Vogue Paris May 2010 : Penélope, Naomi, Gwyneth, Meryl, Julianne & Kate by I&V

I don't like any of this so far, the entire thing feels so contrived :blink: I'd really wish the entire fashion industry would give Daria a break: she hasn't delivered, for me, in such a long time because she seems so tired and the "this is such a chore, let's get it over with" attitude, which has never not been there, is getting more and more annoying and obvious, doing nothing to hide her other flaws :innocent: In fact, they could give a lot of girls breaks, for other reasons. And gosh, i can't stand Crystal Renn so I'm not looking forward to her ed. Vanessa's ed, and maybe Lily's, is probably the only thing I'm looking forward to :ninja:

Berlin, only one ed is about 70`s actually and its hard to connect its theme with movies or something... i think the issue is nor about sex. thats hard to tell yet, cause we havent seen most of the material from the issue

and cover looks absolutely american publication such as Vanity fair, but at least issues`s gonna sell well and for non-fashion related ppl too. thats the main reason why celebs are on US Vogue covers. but, thanks God, cover is without natasha or daria or lara. it` s always same models gracing VP covers and they need to take a time out...they hurt eyes without any further jests

ASF ...
Daria and the Natasha editorials are both inspired by the 70s ...
So both editorials by the main editors of VP are inspired by this era where freedom was major ... And I feel this mean, free yrself from the 2000s moral ...

I'm saying sex, because sex is smaller than erotic to write ...
Yallah, let's say erotic ...
:rolleyes::P

I want to see the other eds ....
But I'm telling that right now I don't see the link btw Cannes Festival, Penelope (who's guest-editing, right ?), and the 1970s .....

It's like the magazine had 2 different brains for this issue .... once again, at this point.

But you're right, let's see all the magazines before judging ....
:doh::ninja:

* I have to restrain myself from writing after a dinner .....

I like what I see so far.
The cover features some amazing actresses (of whom Kate, Julianne and Meryl look extra fabulous). And the editorial content is pretty dam* good.
I love Natasha's edit because she can pose her butt off, and the outdoor setting is just so lush.
And as for the Testino shoot, well I think Daria and her male counterpart pulled it off. Like someone mentioned, it does come off as a rendezvous in the office because of the styling, but it's quite steamy without being seedy.

^ me too :heart:
& I love the cover with Bono :woot:

waiting for new scans!

I love Daria`s editorial. So seductive and chic!

Why would people want someone with a "sexier" body for Nat's ed? It works for me because her body although gorgeous, it's not typically what some lads mag would chose to titillate their readers. This is still a fashion mag. I think the styling is very good, if you take the clothes out of the 70s context that what Em went for, i could see myself wearing those bikinis, the Converse are actually what i wear on beach holidays. So i was pleasantly surprised not to see sandals or God forbid high heels.

I'm a Jane super fan, but that 70s ed is horrible. Daria is lovely but the recreation does not work for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not usually a huge fan of Crystal but this is the second best editorial from this issue (the first being the Lily ed, which is off the chart!).

Note:
I used Imagehost to upload the last image because it contains nudity and Imageupper would not accept a file this large.
If you have trouble with p*rn*gr*ph*c pop-up with this website, I suggest you download ad-block and no-script, it does the trick.

Crystal Renn by Steven Klein

Image uploaded with Imagehost:

my scans

OMG, you made me so excited about Lily's, can't wait. :woot:

I don't like Daria's Testino ed, but i love the beauty one in comparison.

,othing groundbreaking so far. I feel like I'm seeing the same stuff every month :huh: And I'm sooooo sick of seeing naked people :rolleyes:

OMG, Lily looks amazing, wish there were more shot though, thank you for scanning Harumi :flower:

wish there were more shot though
It's only part I, there are six more shots (and they're even better).

The pictures look so much better 'in the flesh' than on my scans and you have to see the ed as a whole to get just how good it is.
Lily has never looked more interesting, imo.

Lily's ed reminds me Lara's ed from October 2009 issue.

wow, some great new things in here! a bit bored by the cover, but still ok. love penelope

"En Vogue"
Elena Melnik and unknow model, ph Claudia and Stefan
Realised by Veronique Didry

"Zoom"

Scanned by me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back