Vogue Paris May 2010 : Penélope, Naomi, Gwyneth, Meryl, Julianne & Kate by I&V

I also thought it was a little perplexing as to why they were all wearing Gap (Red) shirts on the cover of a fashion magazine...especially VP. Excuse my ignorance, those shirts are all for a charitable cause which I support, but I can't help but feel that they look very 2007 on a cover like this.

Anyway I applaud Carine and co. for casting Crystal in another editorial! I'm looking forward to both of Steven Klein's editorials...also can't deny I am curious about Testino's return to VP after 18 months or so.

The cover is ok. Most of them look good, except for Gwyneth and I find the way they are positioned a bit weird. It's great to see Mario shooting for VP again, but I really wish Daria would take a break, it's getting way too much and I can't stand Crystal Renn so....

This is really another one of those situations where I ask myself "if this exact same thing were on Vogue US, would it be so praised?" and I really wonder at the answer.

I think there's a simple answer to that one :innocent:

I don't like the covers at all, hopefully the editorials will be good. As repetitive as the cast is, I never get tired of Daria, Lily and Natasha in VP.

H*O*R*R*I*B*L*E. Looks like Vogue US.:yuk:

Is that Britney Spears on the cover?:doh:.

I hope the eds make up for this. I never get tired of Daria.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally like the group cover, it's different and simple, nice to see celebrities looking natural and wearing t-shirts! Kate looks especially gorgeous!

The review sounds great, too! Can't wait to see the eds, the model casting is as good as usual, and it's a pleasant surprise to see Crystal is featured!

This is really another one of those situations where I ask myself "if this exact same thing were on Vogue US, would it be so praised?" and I really wonder at the answer.
I also wonder the same myself. I guess it would probably be bashed as a horrid celebrity cover, when we want is models blah blah blah. It makes me feel a little sad, you know.

each time celebrities are put on a vogue paris cover, i wonder the same thing. i prefer vp's kind of 'celebs cover', they look less commercial and shallow than vogue us' ones, but it still annoys me to see actresses instead of models. plus that very cover looks indeed very vanity fair inspired, which is particularly ridiculous and worthless. hopefully the content will make up for it, and then perhaps that issue will be worth carrying the name of 'vogue', and therefore, fashion magazine.

Sounds great so far. I'd definitely like to see Natasha, Magda, and Lily. I've seen enough celebrities in fashion magazines for a lifetime, but I like Penelope's still sounds great. Paradis en Chine sounds very promising. I find Daria to be a bit boring, but it's going to be Mario and Carine, so it's all good! Uh, Crystal Renn's just...meh?

the cover bores me to death; where is the glamour? anyone have any of the other covers?

I had a difficult time trying to find Kate:shock:. Penelope is gorgeous. Meryl is stunning and Julianne is beautiful.

oh my, Kate Winslet looks like Lindsay Lohan :ninja: Still happy to see her on the cover of VP though. I hope I'll get the cover with the group shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it wasn't for RED, Bono just might be the most out-of-place VP cover star in history.

I agree Luxx. I am not fond of this cover at all, especially how crudely "Red" is written on Penelope's shoulder. It just looks like Vanity Fair out takes.

Since when do celebrities guest edit in May anyway? I thought they were only given that honor in December...

I really hope the editorials make up for this cover. I didn't buy April's issue, and so far it seems May's issue will have the same fate.

^ the april 2009 cover had featured scarlett johansson, so i guess december isn't the only month dedicated to celebrities.

I really love the cover! I think it's legendary with all those actresses. Can't wait to see Testino's editorial, he hasn't shot for VP in a long time!

there is no such thing as daria overload :smile:
and i can't wait to see the behind the scenes video...an added bonus!

There's no such thing as Daria overload now because I haven't felt her ubiquity in a while. I wanna see her work more.

Some faces in those covers must go to the 'Photoshop disasters' thread!

I love the cast but that cover is terrible. It's just doesn't make sense.

I'm excited for Erotic. This reminds me The Sex book right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->