Vogue Paris September 2019 by Mikael Jansson, Alasdair McLellan, Juergen Teller & Inez & Vinoodh

I love Rianne and I think she's a great model but the problem is always the overexposure... and is not her fault at all! I think the concept is not groundbeaking but its actually good and i loved the two covers even Teller's, but it would be more interesting to see diferent models as Imaan, Birgit... but i'm happy with the results.

The new york cover is pedestrian as fck.

I agree that it's pedestrian and looks like it was taken right off her Insta feed, but it's my favorite out of the bunch. I can even tolare the ugly large font because the colors aren't attacking me like the previous two. Still looking forward to Paris!

So far, only the London shot is cover worthy, imo. Milan and New York are nice shots too but certainly not appropriate for a September Vogue cover. The Milan one reminds me of a supplement and the New York one's like a really beautiful picture that works within the context of a larger story(the styling is really dull though).

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I SAID IT!

Talk about predictable!
Denim for NYC? Denim for EA?

I’m waiting for the bourgeois Celine or Chanel cover for Paris :lol::lol:

I know people love to embrace VP because they showcase models but at one point, we have to raise our standard! This is mediocre at best...And it’s a broken record. Let’s hope the eds are better than that!

My standards are the lowest possible at this moment, and not one September issue reached the line. I'm afraid of what would happen if I raised the bar even slightly.
Tbh, the only magazine I care about is M Le Monde.
It’s been a longtime since i’ve lost faith in EA at VP. Her Vogue is decent at best but she did the thing that I hate the most about her: putting denim on the cover. It’s simple, the moment I see jeans on the cover of VP or written somewhere on the cover, i’m done!

Sigh, I mean I guess the four cities idea is great. Or rather, it can be great. Vogue under Alexandra used to do 4 edits every September to tie in with collections from the 4 cities and that always won me over. But in a world where the economy of fashion has shifted so drastically, is such a concept still relevant? I don't know...

As for the execution, of course they VP had to resort to the most cliched interpretations of the cities. Punk for London, refinement for Milan, streetwear for NY....when in fact designers have been turning the lid on these stereotypes. So not only is Alt's interpretations downright ugly imo, it's also brazenly out of touch. So much for the world's famous fashion magazines.

At face value, I can't like any of the covers so far. NY is simply not fashion enough for September, the lighting is terrible on Milan, and London is just an eyesore. Let's see how Paris will look.

New York, or was it at Bois de Boulogne? lol. Tired of Rianne, so these has no impact on me whatsoever.

I hate how narrow minded Alt's mind is about these cities.

Especially considering the amount of tailored wearables we've been seeing in London, and grunge-lite looks in Milan just this past season alone. The game has changed, get with the programme. Why not move away from all that archaic crap and build a story around, I dunno, Shanghai...... or some other underrated style capital.

If you want to be literal and narrow minded, might as well execute it properly and be chic about it?

Of all the clichéd stereotypes of New Yorkers, Alt choose the hobo/skater/central park bystander.

She could've gone with (a) an upper east sider chic (b) quintsential MET steps instagram girl (c) Women in Corporate America [suits galore]

Imagine if Rianne were in a crisp white tuxe inside a board room with the New York skyline in view. I mean?? B***tch thats New York for you. The cliches are endless!

New York is THE concrete jungle but Alt, with that cover, managed to make New York look like a jungle.

London simply could've been HATS galore. Smoking with a gigantic Philip Treacy hat

What's next? Paris wearing Chanel while holding a baguette?

Choices.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->