Vogue Paris August 2021 : Mica Argañaraz by Mikael Jansson

Considering that Dolce continues to sell in Asia, and that Asians continues to buy from the brand, I wonder what it means about their feelings then…

LOL Asians in general have thicker skin and aren't so petty…??? Oftentimes the SM-crybabies will take an off-the-cuff point so out of context as a proclamation of war (…these two being accused of slagging “designer babies with the parents’ choice of eye color” made in a lab verses a biologically-birthed baby is all of a sudden now taken as an all-out anti-surrogacy/AI campaign; or a certain Teen Vogue EIC-candidate being accused of anti-Asian racism because of her dumb mean girls tweet about “Asian eyes” when she was a teen… I can go on… If people acknowledged and apologized for being offensive/insulting, then allow them learn from it and let’s all move on— instead of insisting cancelling them from existence for a stupid moment. I find someone like Edward Enninful more on the DL anti-Asian in his choice to consistently leave Asians to a token casting all the while chirping on about “inclusivity and diversity” at every opportunity. Not hopeful that this man will lead Vogue Europe with his tainted bias of “representation"...)

Anyway, about Mica: She reminds me of the classic Scavullo woman of the 80s here. Just all-out sultry and glamourous. She owns much to her “hair”: There are some stories where her hair is styled straight or in some 80s-upswept do, and she doesn’t look (as) good. Whatever maximizes her beauty, best stick with it. And as effortlessly sexy as Mikael has captured her, this shot and its ease of attitude is so very classic Terry Richardson. And I like that (...even if apparently Terry is so cancelled his work seems to be forbidden to be mentioned.)

Considering that Dolce continues to sell in Asia, and that Asians continues to buy from the brand, I wonder what it means about their feelings then…

It means that like any other race, some Asians are ignorant or uninformed or apathetic to racial prejudices that powerful people, in this case, one half of global luxury brand, have about them. Of course it will continue to sell considering editors, stylists, celebrities are still supporting DG. But kudos to "woke cancel culture" consumers and allies whom have a modicum of decency to not support a brand that "allegedly" texted abhorrent messages about China and the Chinese people. China is not perfect, no country is, but nasty racism should always be called out whenever possible. But yes, some Asians Dgaf and will continue to buy whatever.

^^^ LOL I’m “ignorant”, so in what context was “China is disgusting” posted in…??? Cuz to be frank— I’ve seen little girls squat and do their business in the middle of a sidewalk, while parents would relief their toddlers in a trashcan at the supermarket in Beijing: That’s mighty “disgusting”. Or the human rights violation from a still officially Communist Party regime-- although now admittedly more progressive when it comes to capitalist profiteering, but still reliant on totalitarian and barbaric tactics of communist shocktroopers as finely displayed during its military flexing over Hong Kong pro-democracy protesters. I’m pretty certain they would also find “China is disgusting”… Or my grandparents and their generation whom abandoned all they had to flee the genocide during the Cultural Revolution that devastated generations afterwards: They oftentimes would revile that “China is disgusting”. Perhaps that's why many "ignorant" Asians, including Chinese from Hong Kong/Taiwan aren't as bothered by the "China is disgusting" post-- even if it's coming from these two nitwits. But never mind context and refence-- cancel them all LOL

Frankly whatever the F*** they have been churned out for the past 10 years are enough for me to not even bother with them. The past incidents only make them more irrelevant for me.

As for the cover, I have to kudo to the stylist (probably Alt, because since January 2021 no other stylist have been on the cover, this is Vogue Alt after all, is all about her) to go through their tragic collection and picked out the most decent dress for the cover. This is D&G, it's could been worse.

But that fonts and layout are choices. Why would you cover half the "V" with that leopard?

Such a beautiful cover, but logo seems like a choice. Very questionable.

Frankly whatever the F*** they have been churned out for the past 10 years are enough for me to not even bother with them. The past incidents only make them more irrelevant for me.

Couldn't have said it better! So since we're speaking the same language, when are we knocking back a few G&Ts?
I've said it before, I'm ready for her resignation letter.

As for the cover? Meh. Very Sims x Emmanuelle Alt deja vu. I'm sure she wanted Anna Ewers so I guess we've dodged a bullet.
Animal print has always and will always be tacky.

Mica's best covers ever were for HB Argentina and British Vogue. As in British Vogue under Alexandra.
Oh the irony. Two of the most pedestrian magazines made her look unique.

to compare Freja and Mica is kinda insulting to Freja who has been a Fashion chameleon and has produced stellar content year after year even when she’s herself behind the camera!

always disliked the comparison between the two especially because of the hair that Freja used for a period - she has had many styles and has changed regularly. Mica on the other hand…

I mean I know we all have our favourites but her work has still to impress me.
Freja has done literally everything - she’s light years ahead.

Not as strong as last month's Imaan Hammam cover but still a solid Vogue Paris cover and one of the better, more fashion-forward covers we've encountered this month. The multi-coloured masthead doesn't do it for me but I'm liking the leopard print and the longer hair on Mica!

DNA & Viva has Vogue Paris in a chokehold at this point, I swear!!! :lol::lol::lol: Mica, Imaan, Nora, Rianne…

Nevertheless, this is one of the best photos I’ve ever seen of Mica’s, and I quite like her… though I like her a hell of a lot more on the rare occasion a hairstylist plays around with her hair & does something different :judge: (i am NOT a mullet hater!!! just gets tiring after a while… felt the same about Sora until she chopped it off)

The print rim on the left is so out of place. I get the effect is like the cover is laying on something and it is a photo of a photo, but zoom out or something, this just looks like a wonky Photoshop job.

At that, Mica looks great and her hair is a classic by now. It’s like Lexi Boling or Aylah Peterson, why complain about something that totally works.

Mica looks nice and I basically love Jansson but here his work looks so unidentified, this could have been inez and vinoodh or Nathaniel Goldberg. The white background… I think we’ve had enough of this last year (mica in July 2020, Natalia in august 2020, March 2021 and may 2021). The logo colors are awful, what is it? Childish book? Leopard doesn’t go well with these skittles. And the rim on the left just makes the picture looks so cheap, what is it for? And again their problems with logistic or whatever. The issue out late, it’s again announced after the real magazine came out and been dropped into subscribers newsletter box, previous time it was some weird French t shirt brand who dropped first news into their Instagram. Your smm is out of the office?

Is there any preview? It seems for me, that Anna Ewers has also an editorial inside. Other contend?

source: Vogue Paris août 2021: Mica Argañaraz cover girl du numéro mode
"Ce serait comme un premier été. Un été neuf. Redécouvrir le beau temps, le soleil, respirer à l’air libre, sans entrave… Reprendre le fil du plaisir. Lever la tête vers des ciels bleus, ceux d’Ibiza, de Mykonos, ces îles que la pandémie avait contraintes au sommeil… Elles se réveillent doucement dans l’azur. Anna Ewers belle comme une déesse grecque. Les amis qui se retrouvent dans la douceur des Baléares. Reprendre le fil de la mode : les tendances qu’on aime, qu’on revisite avec bonheur. Vogue Paris fête la liberté retrouvée de toutes les expressions. Bouger, voyager, tout simplement se déplacer…" écrit Emmanuelle Alt, rédactrice en chef de Vogue Paris dans l'édito du numéro d'août 2021. Bercé d'été mais non sans oublier les tendances de la rentrée, ce numéro nommé “Mode : Quoi avec quoi ?” partage quelques bons plans estivaux - comme les beautés de Mykonos ou la nouvelle exposition de Damien Hirst à Paris - tout en gardant en tête la mode du mois prochain - Mica Argañaraz se mue en féline muse sous l'objectif de Mikael Jansson. Toujours au rendez-vous, les meilleures astuces beauté et autres bons plans de notre agenda culturel. Le numéro d'août 2021 de Vogue Paris est à retrouver en kiosque et en ligne le 28 juillet prochain. Le plus exclusif ? Le t-shirt de l'été 2021 Vogue Paris x Kith au style résolument ensoleillé est à shopper pour 12.90€.

Le numéro de Vogue Paris d'août 2021 à retrouver en kiosque le 28 juillet et en ligne

Anna by purienne I guess, because there is a promo photo with kith x vogue paris t shirt on their site

I really enjoy it. I just saw cover and had to come here. It's pretty refreshing with colors on fonts and even with animal print from what we are seeing at moment with most vogues... only cover I remember with animal print recently was Precious Lee for Vogue Arabia, which was another amazing cover.
Animal print isn't an easy print but I really enjoy it on Mica and cover.

Mica's cover is very 80s. I love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->