PREMIER ÉTÉ
Photographer:
Alasdair McLellan
Stylist: Aleksandra Woroniecka
Hair: Damien Boissinot
Make-Up: Linsey Alexander
Model: Mona Tougaard

Vogue Paris Digital Edition

Lara Stone has long moved on from modelling, so French Vogue gives us Anna Ewers instead... but her blank stares are a masterclass in modelling in comparison to Mona Tougaard, I don't know what type of deal was made for these repeat appearances, but it's making me look forward to the end of Alt's era.

I must say, that purienne can shot only semi-naked girls nearby the sea and their partly-dressed bodyparts, that’s the end of his photographic capacities, he can’t capture fashion, anything looks cheap and corny and not worth buying. I love anna and I have kinda love/have relationship with purienne, but I just hate the way he captured her, sorry honey it’s not fashion, it’s some pedestrian lui magazine from 1978 with some village girl who lacks any kind of chic or class, it’s an upgraded more dressed playboy but it’s not vogue. I mean 19 images and it’s hardly to pick any decent out there. Anna looks like another girl who he picked up with himself on the sea, like Natasja madsen - blonde with zero make up in sultry bikini. His previous shooting with edita and Hana with loads of body parts were much more successful.

The last 2 shots of Mica are the best thing in this issue. She serves some attitude, I like that.

Purienne x Anna. Great building, beautiful building.

"Premier été" is a whole mess. McLellan look like he trying recreate "An interpretation" by Meisel but fail. The styling is all over the place. And Mona looks like she need an 8 hours of sleep.

The editorials are okay, tired of the same old.

The first one is average, nothing new, nothing bad either. Mica looks good, but, well, this is the safest styling with her, especially that she is a known Saint Laurent muse now... You cannot really eff that up. Her being a good casting choice aside - the photographs bring nothing.

The second one is okay too, at Purienne's fault. It looks like his 29489 other shoots, which is a VERY narrow aesthetic and offers VERY limited styling choices. All of this makes the editorial, obviously, a lecture on boredom and repetitiveness. However, my dear Anna looks great as usual and radiates sex. As expected, Mona and Mica combined cannot hold a candle to what a great model she is, even with somebody so average and redundant as Henrik Purienne.

The third one is... A grower? I looked at it a couple of times and thought it was a dead fish, but after 4-5 times flicking through, there are some good shots, and the mood is digestible too, I actually like it. Obviously inspired by Meisel, but, frankly, still not horrible. Kudos to the editing team - colours and contrast look great in the colour photographs. The story also proves that Alessandra Woroniecka is a terrible stylist and always has been, no concept, no experimentation, nothing whatsoever, might've been styled by a student from Marangoni.

I'm going to be ticked if this never makes it into my mailbox. The issue before the last one never arrived for me.

Impeccable, as usual. That cover story is some of Mica's best work to date, she looks incredible! The cover image, the close-up and the last two images are my favourite and I would frame all four of them. Such beauty...
Anna's story is simply flawless in my opinion. We all know that Purienne's work has one single dimension, but at least he's good at it. I've always loved his work for Vogue Paris, despite the repetitive outcomes. That opening shot of Anna's story is incredible. So sexy, so classic. It's giving me an ultimate Kate Moss/Gisele Bündchen circa 2005 shot by Mert & Marcus fantasy, and I am living for it! The tan, the styling, the rural setting, the sea, the retro, the stunning Anna Ewers... it's all so perfectly right. Loving every single shot! The last one or the one in a denim jacket could've been beautiful covers... it's been a while. Would love to see her score another cover before Alt is gone.
Mona's easily the weakest link in this issue, although I don't hate it. She's a beautiful girl and there are lovely shots inside the story, but overall it's not my favorite. It reminds me of her Japan cover story by Sgura, it's a similar vibe although much more depressing. I like the photo of her in a leather vest.

All in all, very solid - especially for August. Would definitely buy on newsstand. Once again, my favorite Vogue edition of the month.

I must say, that purienne can shot only semi-naked girls nearby the sea and their partly-dressed bodyparts, that’s the end of his photographic capacities, he can’t capture fashion, anything looks cheap and corny and not worth buying. I love anna and I have kinda love/have relationship with purienne, but I just hate the way he captured her, sorry honey it’s not fashion, it’s some pedestrian lui magazine from 1978 with some village girl who lacks any kind of chic or class, it’s an upgraded more dressed playboy but it’s not vogue. I mean 19 images and it’s hardly to pick any decent out there. Anna looks like another girl who he picked up with himself on the sea, like Natasja madsen - blonde with zero make up in sultry bikini. His previous shooting with edita and Hana with loads of body parts were much more successful.

There's nothing wrong with having a limited aesthetic, honing it, fine-tuning it with time. But then I decided to look into his previous work, see if any evolution is discernible and I was met with this:

D8151B39-BB4E-440A-9C62-217FC0E42907_1_201_a.jpeg

"Conjurer of worlds" :lol: You'd think he's some sort of Philip-Lorca diCorcia. Icing on the cake- none of the links on his website work.

hmmmmmm meh overall

I know I’m biased, Mica has never been a favourite and this is probably the best she has done editorials wise but still…

Anna’s ed is just good but Purienne is just really this uh? hmmm

Mona’s one is also good.

don’t think I need a VP with Mica on the cover after all :rolleyes:

Vogue Paris August 2021

L'échappée Belle

Photography: Bruno Staub
Styling: Virginie Benarroch
Hair: Paolo Soffiati
Makeup: Patrick Glatthaar
Model: Vivienne Rohner

Vogue Paris Digital Edition

Too sad that Anna did not got a cover too! That would have been amazing :woot:Summer vibes....

Does anyone know if she's wearing a dress or a jumpsuit on the cover? Lighting looks a bit weird on that area...

Wow this all so average. Pleasant but real average. Im dumbfounded as to why there's 5 pages of wet panties lauding on this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->