Vogue Paris August 2021 : Mica Argañaraz by Mikael Jansson

Stunning, Mica looks gorgerous with that jumpsuit. The image give me a 70's vibes.

It's funny because it has some of the qualities that I am not exactly thrilled to see in a magazine cover, but it 100% works. I love every bit of it, from the weird but satisfying composition of the image up to the colors that they used on the masthead.

I'm not ready to see Alt go yet, but she's too good for this messy Vogue reconstruction.

Yeah, the choice of brand is, well just that - a choice. Does Dolce even bring in that much cash revenue via ads these days? What do I know though.

Good image. She's a stunning girl, but more often than not her work has been hampered by "creatives'" unwillingness to do anything more interesting with her look. I just don't understand Alt's obsession with this 90s font on the cover. It only worked for the Vittoria and Rebecca covers last year. Here it just looks outdated, but hey, you know Emmanuelle loves her iconography to look past its sell by date.

Yeah, the choice of brand is, well just that - a choice. Does Dolce even bring in that much cash revenue via ads these days? What do I know though.

Good I just don't understand Alt's obsession with this 90s font on the cover. It only worked for the Vittoria and Rebecca covers last year. Here it just looks outdated, but hey, you know Emmanuelle loves her iconography to look past its sell by date.

I agree. but Alt’s Vogue has been stall for a long time. we only covered our eyes due to a couple of nice covers and editorials. it’s was overall mediocre.

I’m still gutted I couldn’t find Vittoria’s VP March cover :cry:

The mood of the cover is great and leopard is kinda timeless now in French fashion. I’m not sure the outfit is that great but it helps creating an action and setting a mood.

It’s basic, it’s kinda forgettable but it’s well executed.
About the brand, it’s a kind of irrelevant discussion for me. They are big advertisers and have always supported VP…So, no need to be even mad for me.

Plus having racist Dolce is just wrong. Does Alt hate Asians that much?
Considering that Dolce continues to sell in Asia, and that Asians continues to buy from the brand, I wonder what it means about their feelings then…

Mica basically hasn't changed her hair since her debut, and this kind of photography/styling has nothing special but another VOGUE JAPAN -ish.

Mica basically hasn't changed her hair since her debut, and this kind of photography/styling has nothing special but another VOGUE JAPAN -ish.

It is baffling to me how she never gets styled in a different way. I for one think that Mica is stunning but I also wish that we would see her with a sleek side or middle parting more often.

Either way this is a promising cover and maybe my favourite of Mica's French Vogue covers although I too am wondering why the cover wasn't just shot in front of a completely white background. The animal print seems unnecessary and is almost confusing. In the preview posted it looks like a little cahier on top of another.

Mica is gorgeous, that layout is not.

Perhaps Alt is penning her departure letter? :P

As I understood, she'll be there for the September issue, at least, maybe even and for October as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->