Vogue Poland March 2018 : Anja Rubik & Małgosia Bela by Juergen Teller

They offer international subscription on their website. Perhaps the first lesser Vogue edition to do so. Props to them!
which makes sense since so many polish people live abroad.

i can't say i'm excited but this will be interesting to watch! but is there really no text on the cover? that's a bit strange, no? dzień dobry, nothing whatsoever?

which makes sense since so many polish people live abroad.

i can't say i'm excited but this will be interesting to watch! but is there really no text on the cover? that's a bit strange, no? dzień dobry, nothing whatsoever?

yup, no text at all

I like the cover. Too soon to say which way they intend to go, just hope that they dont go to VU or VA side, we really don't need that.

Photograph by Romuald Broniarek 1960

source | kultura.dziennik.pl
March 1960, Warsaw, Poland Photo session on the cover of the weekly "Przyjaźń" - a model against the background of the Palace of Culture and Science, on the right there is a car of the "Volga" brand. Fot. Romuald Broniarek / KARTA

Attachments

• E06FCDE8-E6A9-4DCA-AF99-AF8E8505D346.jpeg
    E06FCDE8-E6A9-4DCA-AF99-AF8E8505D346.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 7
interesting how the trend with international Vogues recently has been to go more avant garde - Ukraine, Portugal and now Poland. I think it looks promising, but not every magazine can be Vogue Italia.

Honestly, VI is in the dumps right now, those other Vogues are outperforming it in content.

would love to see more.
would also like to know where i might purchase this issue online...

this is epic! love this self-ironic approach (like all the works by teller), styling, models. everything looks just so right here. go, poland!)

It's the first cover and you choose weird insta story like photo for it... disappointing

I have my copy this morning and I am very impressed. The magazine is very elegant. The content is about high and casual fashion. Main ed only with Anja as a model (without Małgosia) and people known for their artistic and cultural achievements in Poland. And Lech Wałęsa :smile: The cover looks much better live than on the web. I think it is a very ambitious magazine - at least the first issue.

This feels like a slapdash work.

I have my copy this morning and I am very impressed. The magazine is very elegant. The content is about high and casual fashion. Main ed only with Anja as a model (without Małgosia) and people known for their artistic and cultural achievements in Poland. And Lech Wałęsa :smile: The cover looks much better live than on the web. I think it is a very ambitious magazine - at least the first issue.

Great to hear! Is the print/paper quality good? I really hope we will be able to buy this soon in the UK.

Great to hear! Is the print/paper quality good? I really hope we will be able to buy this soon in the UK.

Print and paper (and size) are exactly the same as in the British edition. There is no difference between them, which is really nice to see.
The last few pages are the translation of the most important texts into English.

Can u post the masthead?

Thanks for the info! :flower: Did they get any big names for this issue in terms of photographers, stylists, models?

The translated bit is a nice touch. I'm sure they've done that hoping to appeal to global readers. And Sapphirenick, don't worry. Most Polish editions are easily available in the UK (at least in my area), so I'm pretty sure it'll be the same with Vogue.

Thanks for the info! :flower: Did they get any big names for this issue in terms of photographers, stylists, models?

The translated bit is a nice touch. I'm sure they've done that hoping to appeal to global readers. And Sapphirenick, don't worry. Most Polish editions are easily available in the UK (at least in my area), so I'm pretty sure it'll be the same with Vogue.

Just out of interest where do you tend to buy Polish publications? I have seen some in Mleczko on Uxbridge road - would that be the best place?

I believe the Conde Nast shop will get these in London

Can u post the masthead?

1. Main ed with Anja and artists, about 40 pages - Anja in fashion shoots, artists in portraits - typical Teller style
2. "Gotowe do noszenia" (Ready to wear) by Chris Colls, styled by Daniela Agnelli, model: Riley Montana, 14 pages
3 "Polska szkoła" (Polish class) by Boo George, styled by Daniela Agnelli, models: various polish models, 14 pages
4 Proenza Schouler - text about the brand and shoot by Stanislaw Boniecki, styled by Daniela Agnelli, model: Sarah Brannon

Just out of interest where do you tend to buy Polish publications? I have seen some in Mleczko on Uxbridge road - would that be the best place?

I believe the Conde Nast shop will get these in London

I've seen them countless times at Polish delis and specialty shops. Probably much more than at bookstores and the like. If all else fails, there's always Newsstand.co.uk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->