Vogue Spain December 2009 : Iris Strubegger by Mark Pillai

I like the magazine. There has to be some magazines which provide straightforward glamour, with an expensive gloss. I don't even mind the reprints of features from US Vogue, because I don't always buy it - so if some content turns up in a magazine I do want, it's almost a plus.

Sorry for asking again, but could anyone please do a review of the magazine? You see, here in Porto it comes sealed in plastic and I'm really not so keen on buying it if I don't know about the content and even though I just love Iris, her editorial isn't good enough to convince me to buy the magazine without knowing about the content. Thanks in advance and sorry for nagging!

Every issue now comes sealed in plastic in my stores too, with a sticker saying 'editado por Vogue Espana'.

this month Vogue Spain is a disaster, in my opinion, I don't like the contents

review:

- "La profesional" by Gonzalo Machado
- "Red" by Michelle Ferrara
- "Catwoman" by Nicholas Moore
- "Beige imbatible" by John-Paul Pietrus
(sorry but I don't know who are the models in these eds)

- Pistas Cine: Eva Mendes protagonized "Teniente corrupto"
- Poético Penn. the last tribute to Irving Penn for thirteen big names of the fashion. Pics by Irving Penn
- Anatomía de Mick. Jagger: 67years of R&R
and Jewels supplement + Bvlgari sample

nothing more interesting :(

I've the scans of the other eds, if u want tomorrow I'll post it, now I'm going to sleep

Yes, Lizzy.P the contents aren't good at all. Masha's ed is not too bad though...

The cover is a disaster but it's not because of Iris, her Vogue Paris cover was espectacular! And it's very similar to Sharon's one (the September issue).

Vogue España really needs fresh air...

sharon_stone_vogue_espana_oct09.jpg

shoppingblog

Penn's article is awful. I really hate that kind of things.

this month Vogue Spain is a disaster, in my opinion, I don't like the contents

review:

- "La profesional" by Gonzalo Machado (Louise Pedersen, very nice ed)
- "Red" by Michelle Ferrara
- "Catwoman" by Nicholas Moore
- "Beige imbatible" by John-Paul Pietrus
(sorry but I don't know who are the models in these eds)

- Pistas Cine: Eva Mendes protagonized "Teniente corrupto"
- Poético Penn. the last tribute to Irving Penn for thirteen big names of the fashion. Pics by Irving Penn
- Anatomía de Mick. Jagger: 67years of R&R
and Jewels supplement + Bvlgari sample

nothing more interesting :(

I've the scans of the other eds, if u want tomorrow I'll post it, now I'm going to sleep

Nothin more interesting, totally agree:(

But she's very bad tanned in that ed. She looks like if she had a mustache.

Vogue Spain needs a change (many changes I'd say:sick:). Its covers, contents and eds are AWFUL.:angry:

And where is Marina!?!?!? She DESERVES a cover.:angry:

creative, we have had this conversation a million times before at the other forum, but I think you compare the magazine with the one you have in your head, not a real one.

Vogue Spain is what it is: a comercial magazine who features women, not the latest it girl from Russia who'll disappear in two seasons.

Marina had two covers of the magazine in the past, and as much as I lover her as a model, no, she doesn't deserve another one.
I love that they feature her in editorials a couple of times a year, but that's it, right now it would be cooler to see Sheila in the magazine.

I love you, baby, but get real, the only way to see a magazine like the one you'd love, would be editing it yourself.

ohh my god , a editorial of louise pedersen i can not wait to see that ! i always loved her, one of my favorite models !!! Lets hope it is a editorial outside somewere beautiful !!! thanks for the info, i hope to see it soon in the netherlandssssssssssss

I think vogue spain, i general is a good magazine but sometimes fail a lot, this month is one example..

Oh, I think it's nothing personal with the magazine because I've reading Vogue since I learnt to read, and I loved it a lot two or three years ago. It used to have interesting eds, interesting stylists, interesting articles, interesting models...

The magazine that we had has nothing to do with the actual one, and commercial things can also be well done or at least done with a bit of interest: December and October covers are nearly the same.

This lack of creativity can be exemplify with Carmen's cover for June that Paola Kudacki shot, it was a shame, she (although I love her) looked really bad compared with her latest cover for Vogue Spain (I believe January 2006, it was, at least, okey).

About Marina, two covers for one of the most important models in Spanish fashion history are not a lot, Penélope has featured 7 (I think).

And about the contests: articles which tell lies (Ariadne's one), Ariadne's ed (while Sheila doesn't usually have eds in the magazine), the pretentious ed styled by Martello trying to look like Vogue Paris March with Iris, Isabel Preysler article, a lot of little articles about Gala, they're always sucking up everybody, Vogue collections each season is thiner, sometimes art or cinema articles are much more elaborate than fashion ones... :(

When was the latest good article in the magazine? It's incredible that a newspaper supplement has much more interesting things than Vogue.

There are a lot of beautiful covers in Vogue Spain:

1989+7.jpg

1991+12.jpg

1992+12.jpg

1993+9.jpg

This is lovely.
2001+4.jpg

The images were cought from a blog that doesn' exist nowadays.

Last edited by a moderator:
"la profesional"
ph: Gonzalo Machado
model: Louise Pedersen

my scans

thank you so much for scanning lizzy p ,. im tottaly in love with this editorialo of louise, it is a great editorialllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, spanisch vogue those great work the last months !

Never been a big Louise fan but I love her in this editorial she plays the siren role so well:D, and i love the setting and the styling is fantastic such beautiful outfits, especially the Vuitton and Balenciaga looks:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agetyuter
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->