W Holiday 2017 : Daniel Day-Lewis by Tim Walker

Daniel Day-Lewis
Photographer:
Tim Walker
Sittings Editor: Sara Moonves

wmagazine.com

Good God, he looks so poorly! :o This is a new low for W. How does Tonchi expect anyone to buy into this?

Mighty Aprhrodites
Photographer:
Patrick Demarchelier
Stylist: Katie Grand
Models: Riley Ticotin, Faith Lynch, Ashley Graham, Faretta Radic, Callie Dixon, Imaan Hammam, Kesewa Aboah, Ellen Rosa, Vie Chidiac, Jasmine Daniels, Jocelyn Corona & Rubina Dyan
Make-up: Diane Kendal
Hair: Akki

wmagazine.com

WTH is that cover?! they could have gone for that "simple" look in a much better way...

Not sure about the cover. I have to say it really does make me want that sweater though. haha.

W has seriously lost all sense of direction... this is basically them putting their hands up in surrender. Sad they would rather sink the ship to the ground than just walk away a let someone else try and salvage it although at this point I think Condé Nast would shut it down rather than appoint a new team.

I think he looks cool but not for a Holiday but maybe a Prison special...;-))) I like the edit but not sure it fits the theme...

I dont know what to say about this cover. A normcore holiday?

He has great eyes, could have done away with that plaid T (maybe the dog too ugh) and had more fun with him in dress-up as he could really pull it off. I also think the sweater is nice especially the second shot in profile.

I think he looks cool but not for a Holiday but maybe a Prison special...;-))) I like the edit but not sure it fits the theme...

Hahaha, touché! The shaved head, tattoos, striped shirt, and overall rehabilitated crim demeanor. Yep, some true porridge inspiration right here!

Hard to believe all these women are models not because of how they look, but their presence is no dull here. Add to that Demarchelier. Why doesn't Katie up the ante like she does in Love?

I'm surprised they got him, part of his brilliant public relations is to keep him not everywhere

Can he go away now, or at least can everyone stop acting like he is the only great actor?

2 issues in one month? I don’t understand...

And why they still with Tonchi? OMG. This magazine used to be so good...

Thought it was Steve Jobs at first lol
While its not a good cover, there is something about it that intrigues me. I really like the shots of him with the dog - they feel very natural and make a nice change from Walker's recent work where he seems to be shooting as though his back is glued to the floor. Everyone has a signature but its a little much at times

i guess i'm in the minority here, and also am really biased, but i LOVE it. That photo of him jumping with the dog is amazing. And i know he's everywhere but he also really isn't? you don't easily get a daniel day lewis cover these days?

i guess i'm in the minority here, and also am really biased, but i LOVE it. That photo of him jumping with the dog is amazing. And i know he's everywhere but he also really isn't? you don't easily get a daniel day lewis cover these days?

THIS.

Thank you, finally someone with some sense commenting on this thread.
It is incredibly rare to have a Daniel Day-Lewis cover. This is such a priviledge for W Magazine, who did amazingly well.
The photos have texture and feeling. If you go to their website and read the article, it explains that DDL wanted to wear his own clothes, and wanted something really simple. They just worked with him.
It's absolutely fantastic to read him talking about his preparation for his last movie, about fashion, about why he quit acting...
A fantastic interview, so full of substance and meaning, and people can only comment that "he looks ill".
It's Daniel Day-Lewis. I suggest you go do some research on why he is a living legend of our time.

Sorry about the venting, but sometimes it's just too much around here. Focus on what's important and have some sensibility, please.

^ yeah honestly when i saw the cover on w's instagram my first thought was 'wow, how did they manage to get this?'. This might as well be his last major cover, for all we know, if he really intends to retire for good, so you can bet it'll be the first W issue i buy in a very long time

Its a horrible, horrible cover. From styling, to his diminished presence in the photos, NOTHING works here for me! Also commenting on his looks, or any other cover subjects is normal, and I'm sorry but he looks sick, and really bad. A famous woman would NEVER be allowed this kind of treatment by a magazine (and would receive twice as harsh comments). So he is not getting a pass because he is a brilliant actor. This looks to me like an attempt Tonchi and W team tried to do what Interview magazine does so well, and failed on all accounts. Now i wish they did this cover instead, because it would feel more authenthic (demanding to wear your own clothes is not enough for that).

W has been awful for a while, but this is a new low, imo. I guess DDL fanboys will adore and buy it, i am his fan too, but i most certainly won't! (the great interview can be read online anyway)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abbgg
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->