W Magazine December 2015/January 2016 : Cate Blanchett by Tim Walker

Beautiful Walker pictures and I always love seeing Cate. Stunning work! Did Val Garland do the makeup?

yes - full credits from wmag:

Hair and headpiece 
by Julien d’Ys; makeup 
by Val Garland at Streeters; manicure 
by Anatole Rainey at 
B Agency. Set design by Shona Heath at CLM.
makeup 
by Val Garland at Streeters; manicure 
by Anatole Rainey at 
B Agency. Set design by Shona Heath at CLM.

Good to see Cate again it's much better from Vogue Australia.

Gorgeous cover, but the ed blows me away. The magic of Walker when he's in the right place (ahum Lanvin).

What is it with these cold blue tones photographers have latched onto lately? Tim Walker, Annie Leibovitz, and Mario Testino all have these chilly, heavy blue tints cast on most of their photos now. It is supposed to give depth or a seriousness?

I wish they did something warmer with her edit. I'm tired of Tim Walker's white, icy photos. I do really like the cover.

i think this will inspire the most obvious of pairings, that i hadn't even considered until now. Tilda and Cate!!! I am psyched to see Cate shatter her supreme elegance!!!

this is the most depressing December ever
I'm not diggin' any of this

I knew how the editorial will look like before I even opened the thread. Tim Walker has become predictable in my opinion. I like Cate but seeing anyone so often and they start to get on my nerves, she is no exception. I hope the rest of the content will be better.

She must sell well, which kind of surprises me. I like her alright as an actress, but she seems pretty boring to me otherwise.

All I can say is that this looks like the typical Cate Blanchett cover photo. Boring.

Her again? On another cover this month? She's so boring.... And she looks bored on the cover too.

love Tim Walker work but this editorial i see a lot

This cover will definitely standout on the newsstands. Love Cate and Walker, and there are some great shots in the edit, but it still feels like they both settled. Just doesn't look like a true collaboration.

Tim Walker's schtick is getting a bit tired…at this point it no longer feels imaginative and wondrous…at this point we know exactly what we're getting…looks completely reflexive and not particularly inspiring because we've seen it all before.

I loved his work back around 2005-2009…I recall it all being a bit warmer and softer. The cold, harsh look of his photographs these days don't appeal to me. And the whimsy feels pretty contrived now.

yep. he has been bad for around 4-5 years now

Review!

Last Resort
Photographed by Willy V
Styled by Benjamin Bruno
Models Julia Nobis and Saskia de Brauw

The County Club (middle of issue ed)
Photographed by Chris Colls
Styled by Patrick Mackie
Models Jessica Stam and Amanda Wellsh
3 photos.

The New Romantic (Gucci/Alessandro Michele feature)
Photographed by Jeff Yiu
Model Wang Xingyu (4 photos)

Sad issue. 174 pages

Review!

Last Resort
Photographed by Willy V
Styled by Benjamin Bruno
Models Julia Nobis and Saskia de Brauw

The County Club (middle of issue ed)
Photographed by Chris Colls
Styled by Patrick Mackie
Models Jessica Stam and Amanda Wellsh
3 photos.

The New Romantic (Gucci/Alessandro Michele feature)
Photographed by Jeff Yiu
Model Wang Xingyu (4 photos)

Sad issue. 174 pages

oh, that's underwhelming - but i'm looking forward to the willy vanderperre ed. The gucci feature/editorial is already up on wmag.com, by the way

Edward took an early vocation huh?

Last Resort
Model: Saskia de Brauw, Julia Nobis
Photographer: Willy Vanderperre
Fashion Editor: Benjamin Bruno

wearesodroee.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AprilL