What Are Your Thoughts On Plastic Surgery?

I would also like to know if you were to travel out of the country for a nose job, which country would be better in terms of quality and price, Thailand or Korea?

I don't know anything about Thailand, but Korea is probably second only to Japan in terms of people getting plastic surgeries in Asia and they have strict guidelines for it (both Korea and Japan). Although, I have to stress that in EVERY country, even in the US, there's bad plastic surgeons and good plastic surgeons. You'll just have to shop around, and I don't mean through the internet, but actually get personal consultations. It would be great if you can find a highly reputable surgeon.

In Korea, avoid doctors who perform surgeries in their clinics. Find one that operates in a hospital. And stay in Seoul.

source? Korean friend who got plastic surgery in Korea.

I have no problem with people getting plastic surgery for something that is impacting their life in a negative way. It's easy to say "Oh but everyone is beautiful and you should ignore what people say" when you are an attractive and confident person yourself, but it takes a strong person to live with something that brings them down so badly. But I think that surgeons should have more scruples about operating on people, like there should be a breast enlargement limit and people shouldn't be able to ask for impossibly small noses that aren't structurally sound.

I have considered getting a nose job to straighten my nose because i broke it a few years ago and it leans to one side slightly now which annoys me quite a bit. But it is a lot of money and i don't know if i could go through the pain of getting it broken again. It hurt so bad :(

I don't know anything about Thailand, but Korea is probably second only to Japan in terms of people getting plastic surgeries in Asia and they have strict guidelines for it (both Korea and Japan). Although, I have to stress that in EVERY country, even in the US, there's bad plastic surgeons and good plastic surgeons. You'll just have to shop around, and I don't mean through the internet, but actually get personal consultations. It would be great if you can find a highly reputable surgeon.

In Korea, avoid doctors who perform surgeries in their clinics. Find one that operates in a hospital. And stay in Seoul.

source? Korean friend who got plastic surgery in Korea.
I'd say that there are bad surgeons ESPECIALLY in the US :lol:They might be skilled, but what use is it if they can't quit while they're ahead and stop enabling people like Heidi Montag? Sure they're skilled, but their patients end up looking scary. We have laws against that (not scary looking people, but surgeons enabling mentally, uhm, challenged people - yes Heidi, talking about you :innocent:)
I have considered getting a nose job to straighten my nose because i broke it a few years ago and it leans to one side slightly now which annoys me quite a bit. But it is a lot of money and i don't know if i could go through the pain of getting it broken again. It hurt so bad :(
I had no pain after my nose job. None at all. But then again, I have a very very high pain threshold. Even my surgeon was baffled. :D

If I had the money, I think I'd get all sorts of work done. Probably breast implants, eye lift, and butt implants. I think I'd like lip injections too. I'm happy with my body now...but I know I'd loooove it after simply enhancing my look. =]

well of course i disagree with plastic surgery on the most part, as usually it ends up looking horrible, and becomes a slight addiction of unnecessary alterations to ones appearance
there are, however, exceptions to this
for example, should someone have gone through a terrible injury or something, or had been born with some kind of really unusual/grotesque deformed body part or whatever, then i say sure, go ahead, in moderation of course :smile:

I`m not against it, when people know when to stop. It`s their body and only they can decide what to do with it. So....if plastic surgery will help smb to feel better, to become more self-confident...there is nothing bad.
As for me, I want to make the lips more plump, and only sometimes i think about rhinoplasty...but I`ll think about it when I will be 21-23 and more.

I have no problem with people getting plastic surgery for something that is impacting their life in a negative way. It's easy to say "Oh but everyone is beautiful and you should ignore what people say" when you are an attractive and confident person yourself, but it takes a strong person to live with something that brings them down so badly. But I think that surgeons should have more scruples about operating on people, like there should be a breast enlargement limit and people shouldn't be able to ask for impossibly small noses that aren't structurally sound.

I totally agree.

I'm not against it when it's done right. I've had a small nosejob, nobody noticed, even the surgeon did not understand why i had it because the change was so incredibly minimal. The thing is, it bothered me and now i'm happy with it :smile:
i also had my ears pinned and a subtle eyelid surgery.

one tip, pick a good surgeon! that is so important. pick a surgeon that not only listens to you but also provides input. my surgeon really understood what i wanted and i also checked his track record.

^ how did you know that your surgeon was The One?
It's even hard to pick from amongst the best who are usually the most expensive and who can afford the nice websites and advertisements.

I'm all for it if there's a noticeable flaw (of course this is debatable) that the person isn't happy with. I think there's great plastic surgery that is subtle and a nice improvement of one's looks. You just can't go overboard with it.

I am currently planning my rhinoplasty (combined with septoplasty: they will straighten my sepptum (deviated) and they will treat my mucous membranes as well because they are chronically irritated). Esthetically I will have the unsightly bump (nasal hump) on my bridge removed (they will remove bone and also some cartilage)

I have met with both a plastic surgeon and a nose-throat-ear dr (who also does rhinoplasties). The PS was fine, but a little too much like what I imagined a PS to be like (I know they're drs, but I just feel they're more commercially oriented and you sort of feel like you're in a store rather than a dr's practice).
So I'm going to have my nose-throat-ear doctor do my septo and rhino.
I am in doubt about when to have it done, because I am very busy and need to find the best way so I'll have time to recover. It'll be either at the beginning or April or at the beginning of July.
I'll report back with my results in this thread then!
I'm really excited about this. I've wanted it for years and finally had the guts to go to some dr's 2 months ago and now I can't wait. I should've done this 4 years ago already!

can someone tell me how the results with "hyaluronic acid" for lip injections are?? I'm thinking about having more volume in the upper lip...

I agree with plastic surgery if its needed but big amounts I do not agree with. Ashlee Simpsons nose job was fabulous but Heidi Pratt's was horrible, she is un-recognisable! If something was really wrong with something on my body and was really affecting me then I would get it done but I don't feel that I do, so I don't want it.

I just feel like it's an easy fix, I mean if you don't like the way you look it had a lot to do with how you think..not only about how you look..

I'm not a fan of plastic surgery but if something (like your nose) makes you very unhappy about yourself, I think you should do it.

^ how did you know that your surgeon was The One?
It's even hard to pick from amongst the best who are usually the most expensive and who can afford the nice websites and advertisements.

I felt very comfortable with him and he knew what i was talking about and knew what i wanted, because he gave his own input. and also, not unimportant, i was referred to him by some friends who had great nose jobs done by him.

i'm wondering what Megan Fox and Sophie Monk have used for their lip injections...not hyaluronic acid (Juvederm) right?

what do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->