What Are Your Thoughts On Plastic Surgery?

Thank you for the well wishes!
Today is day three (also counting the day of the surgery) and feeling and looking much better. As of today I can breathe through my right nostril, which is a huge relief because the stuffed nose made my post-anesthesia headache even worse + the breathing through my mouth was so annoying.

The bruising has faded a bit already and the swelling around my eyes has now lowered into my cheeks (I have the hamster look going on like you get after getting your wisdom teeth out).

So far so good. I'm worried about the results though, I hope I'll like the way I look.

Only problem right now is that the whites of both my eyes (only in the outer corners) are red and bloodshot. I think they're burst blood vessels from the surgery. It doesn't hurt at all, but it looks so scary and I read it can last like 2 weeks!

Little update for anyone interested (maybe if you're thinking about rhinoplasty yourself:(

Just got my cast off (literally 30min ago) and I love it! It's a bit werid to see myself like this, but I still totally look like myself.
My nose is much more refined and I actually have a small nose now (my nose was already quite fine, my ENT commented on this several times. The hump just made it look a lot bigger). It's so pretty!
Right now it looks like there may be a small bump left on my upper bridge near my eyes, but there's no telling if it's maybe just swelling. It could still go away, only time will tell.
It still looks great though! The swelling was ok when the cast was taken off, but now it's getting worse because of course there's nothing holding it back. It's normal though, so we'll see how it'll look a week from now.

I'm so happy I got this done! My dr is awesome! Now I still want to be able to breathe well though, which was the major reason for this operation.

Sara, so glad the results were what you wanted! Hope the swelling goes soon :smile:

My mother is ushering me to get cosmetic surgery on my stomach.

About 8 years ago I had appendicitis and since the appendix ruptured, the doctor had to go in twice. Thus, he left me with a larger, thicker scar.

It looks like this but mine is lighter. The length is about the same too.

2467yw7.png

flickr | Bart Dilweg

The first time I saw my doctor after the surgery which was a month later my doctor said that he had never seen a scar heal so well. That left me feeling as if that was the best the scar was going to look.

Anything helps. :flower: TY.

have you asked a dermatologist about treatments like fraxel?? i'm not sure if fraxel itself is the right one (and there are different 'types') but there are definitely treatments that fade scars out there!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This scar is really deep. It's not like a scar if you cut yourself and it fades but leaves a small blemish behind. :unsure: I will find out more about Fraxel, thank you justlooking. :flower:

papa, I think scars like that are cool! I have one on my forearm from a bike accident where my arm went through the spokes and it's a deep line like that one. I actually really like it. It's a fun story to tell to people I know well, and when a stranger asks I have a great time making up crazy stories telling them how I got it. Usually I say it's from a bar fight that I won :wink:

Try rosehip oil as a pre-surgery measure. I use rosehip oil every day on my gall bladder removal scars, and they have faded to the point of being the same shade as my skin and barely noticable. (though they are large - I had to have open surgery)

Having said that, I also think scars are cool ^_^

papa, I think scars like that are cool! I have one on my forearm from a bike accident where my arm went through the spokes and it's a deep line like that one. I actually really like it. It's a fun story to tell to people I know well, and when a stranger asks I have a great time making up crazy stories telling them how I got it. Usually I say it's from a bar fight that I won

Yesterday during rehearsals, I walked around in my bra because I got fake blood everywhere and didn't want to put my shirt on til all the blood was off. My friend Alisha asked about my scar, and I joked that it was practically like a guitar string. When I need to air guitar, I just "strum" my scar. :lol: And she thought that was a pretty cute way of looking at it.

I still hate it and I am quite intrigued at what can be done for it. I won't miss it. I have a jubilee of freckles on my left armpit that my mother asked if I wanted to get rid of, but I said no. Those freckles are actually something I enjoy, distinguishes me. ^_^

I had a burst appendix when I was about 11 years old and it's like the picture you found papa_levante but lighter and slightly thicker. I have always hated it but now I barely notice it and after I have seen so many horrible scars people have after surgery then I am pretty pleased its not that bad, it could be worse after all.

I think unless something drastic happened or after child birth I was left un happy with my looks then I would get surgery but for the time being I'm happy and don't feel the need of doing a "Heidi Pratt". After all, after surgery your left with a scar and would you rather have a little imperfection that you don't mind but if you could have it done then you would or a huge scar (or whatever size it will be)?

I don't mind the scar, but it's my mother's idea to touch it up. She wants me to look my best, and she is really pushing me to lighten it. She works in a medical facility and spoke to some doctors, and they said it can be "lighter and hair-like." My appointment is tomorrow morning. I will report back with details then. ^_^

I have freckles in my left armpit. I don't know what it's from but doctors have asked if I have a patch of freckles elsewhere on my body, especially my crotch-al region, because apparently it can mean something fatal. :shock: I don't want to remove those freckles. Ma says, "You're a human. NOT A LEOPARD!" :rofl: But I'm keeping it.

My request for plastic surgery got APPROVED. So tomorrow I call in to schedule an appointment. Very excited. :woot:

Just updating on my septorhinoplasty for anyone interested:

It has now been 7 weeks since my surgery and I could not be happier! The results are beautiful, I feel so much better. I used to constantly worry about people seeing me from the side and now I just don't need to think about it any more. It's just a relief and one less worry. I think I look so much better now and am much more confident.
The people who know I've had the surgery all agree it looks great.

I'm extremely happy I got it done.

Only problem is my skin has been breaking out slightly since surgery and has gotten very oily. Anyone have this problem?

Honestly I'm against plastic surgery for everything except face reconstruction. Your face is something people look at all the time. If you have something like a 10 inch nose, people are looking at that all the time. Being aware of that makes someone so self conscious. I have a big nose but that wasn't my problem growing up. I was excessively hairy (I'm a female). I had sideburns, a moustache, it was so terrible living with. When I turned 12 my mom finally took me to get my lip and eyebrows waxed, and only recently did I have lazer removal on my sideburns. I feel so much BETTER. Living in a white country where having hair on your face is abnormal and having people talk about me ALL the time, those days are over. It's the same concept with getting your face reconstructed. I was such a strong person, but the excessive self-consciousness brought me down a tremendous amount. If it's going to make you feel better about yourself, WHY not?

What I don't agree with is brest implantations, liposuction, or going to the extremes Heidi Montag did.

I feel the same way, spin. And great post :flower: Yea apparently hair transplant is also considered plastic surgery. $5,000 at NYC to take hair from the back of your head to where you like, so it can grow just like normal hair ^_^ I'm considering eyebrows. Perhaps also lips and nose, and teeth (and eyes?), but I don't want to write my 'story' here...

^ That's what the thread is for! ^_^ Do share. :flower:

I have an appt next Thursday. My mother is worried that the surgery could possibly make my scar worse. :unsure: So, I will have to see some before and after shots at the clinic to be completely convinced he can make my scar go away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brier Bunny
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->