What Are Your Thoughts On Plastic Surgery?

I think plastic surgery is a good thing if the results are nice.

I'm getting orthognathic surgery next year. I have a slightly open bite with a gummy smile and a receding lower jaw which will all be corrected. Many people get their chin and their nose done in the same surgery (often insurance pays for this too) so I'm seriously considering getting this done, too. I'm not exactly unhappy with either of it, but since I'll feel awful after surgery anyway why not have it done all at once? I fear I'd be unhappy with my face if I have a perfect mouth after surgery but there would be other things that are far from perfect, so it's definitely worth a thought. Besides, I won't look like myself after jaw surgery anyway, no one would notice if I did something else as well. :blush:

in the future i will definetely consider rhinoplasty, since my nose has a small bump and my profile doesn't look that good
i'm also thinking about lip enhancement but the effects aren't permanent, right ? would i have to have it done again after some time ?

Me personally, I would only consider plastic surgery if I got some sort of disfiguring injury (burns etc) which would be helped by it... other than that I think I'd rather have my body natural... wouldn't like unnecessary surgery. That's just for me though... I don't mind others having it, although it does seem a bit selfish/excessive when people spend tens of thousands on it... surely there's better things to spend that much money on? For sure, if your nose is making you depressed, go get a nose job, but when it becomes so much you look at photos from 10 years ago and you don't look like the same person... just no... in my opinion anyway!

I am currently planning my rhinoplasty (combined with septoplasty: they will straighten my sepptum (deviated) and they will treat my mucous membranes as well because they are chronically irritated). Esthetically I will have the unsightly bump (nasal hump) on my bridge removed (they will remove bone and also some cartilage)

I have met with both a plastic surgeon and a nose-throat-ear dr (who also does rhinoplasties). The PS was fine, but a little too much like what I imagined a PS to be like (I know they're drs, but I just feel they're more commercially oriented and you sort of feel like you're in a store rather than a dr's practice).
So I'm going to have my nose-throat-ear doctor do my septo and rhino.
I am in doubt about when to have it done, because I am very busy and need to find the best way so I'll have time to recover. It'll be either at the beginning or April or at the beginning of July.
I'll report back with my results in this thread then!
I'm really excited about this. I've wanted it for years and finally had the guts to go to some dr's 2 months ago and now I can't wait. I should've done this 4 years ago already!

Oooh my story is totally similar to yours! :P
I m going to have rhino and septoplasty as well! But I chose the PS over the nose and ear doctor...
I wanted to do it for years... I dont know... 6 years maybe? Im going to have the bump on my nose removed, and the tip slightly shortened... Im doing it in 2 weeks... I cant believe Im about to do it, at last... Im a bit scared... I dont want to wake up looking like Voldemort!! :cry:
The PS I chose did one of my friend's nose, and he did great... Hope its going to go just as smoothly for me!

^^ Good luck!! Sounds like you'll be in good hands. Hope to see you back in this thread reporting only good things!

Im a very very vain person- but im happy with my looks and get compliments all the time...however, im not completely against plastic surgery...i think as long as its nothing major then its fine....or if its for medical reasons its perfectly fine. The only thing i find with celebs and people who have had work done is that they cant stop...once they get one thing done...they get another thing done.....its alright as long as it is not too noticable....not like a certain miss Montag ....

I don't have a problem with plastic surgery as long as you do it for yourself and not someone else. I believe that it is your body and that you should do whatever you want as long as you don't harm yourself in the process.

people get nose jobs more than u'd think, septoplasty....

implants to me are on another level though

Oooh my story is totally similar to yours! :P
I m going to have rhino and septoplasty as well! But I chose the PS over the nose and ear doctor...
I wanted to do it for years... I dont know... 6 years maybe? Im going to have the bump on my nose removed, and the tip slightly shortened... Im doing it in 2 weeks... I cant believe Im about to do it, at last... Im a bit scared... I dont want to wake up looking like Voldemort!! :cry:
The PS I chose did one of my friend's nose, and he did great... Hope its going to go just as smoothly for me!

oh, exciting! I wish you all the best and hope you'll let me know how it goes! I want to be prepared for my operation so any experience stories are welcome!
My date is set for mid-july, but now I'm having trouble with insurance. Well, not really trouble, they just want extra info to decide whether they will insure the medical part. My ENT was pissed off about it. Haha, it was funny hearing my dr so annoyed, but apparently this happens all the time (she does a lot of functional-cosmetic operations) and then she has to write all these medical reports to motivate the surgery...
I hope i'll get the insurance to agree. I have never had any surgery or any major medical costs so they should grant me this after years of payments!
And the septoplasty really is necessary. I have a terrible sore throat and hoarse voice every morning and a chronically stuffed and irritated nose. :(

oh, exciting! I wish you all the best and hope you'll let me know how it goes! I want to be prepared for my operation so any experience stories are welcome!
My date is set for mid-july, but now I'm having trouble with insurance. Well, not really trouble, they just want extra info to decide whether they will insure the medical part. My ENT was pissed off about it. Haha, it was funny hearing my dr so annoyed, but apparently this happens all the time (she does a lot of functional-cosmetic operations) and then she has to write all these medical reports to motivate the surgery...
I hope i'll get the insurance to agree. I have never had any surgery or any major medical costs so they should grant me this after years of payments!
And the septoplasty really is necessary. I have a terrible sore throat and hoarse voice every morning and a chronically stuffed and irritated nose. :(

I hope you'll get your money... I'm not even sure I'll get any, as my operation is done by a PS... not sure they'll take the septoplasty into account... I'll try anyway. How much are you paying for your operation?
I'm so excited - can't wait to have it done. My nose is sore... I can't help touching it all the time... I feel like the bone is really soft... hope it will be stronger after surgery.

I hope you'll get your money... I'm not even sure I'll get any, as my operation is done by a PS... not sure they'll take the septoplasty into account... I'll try anyway. How much are you paying for your operation?
I'm so excited - can't wait to have it done. My nose is sore... I can't help touching it all the time... I feel like the bone is really soft... hope it will be stronger after surgery.

I PM'd you about the money thing because I don't want to put it all out in the open on here. :wink:

I look at my nose in the mirror way too many times a day. I always look at it sideways and cover the bump with my finger. haha. :blush:
They will be taking bone from mine, but also some cartilage.

But I also can't wait to be able to breathe through my nose properly! I was working out tonight and I always catch myself exercising with my mouth wide open because I can't get enough air. So annoying.
And then there's the snoring/heavy breathing at night and the sore throat....ugh. I hope it'll be a lot better after surgery!

I look at my nose in the mirror way too many times a day. I always look at it sideways and cover the bump with my finger. haha. :blush:

Oh my I am soooo like you! This will be the best I think: not thinking about my nose anymore after having been obsessed with it for years! :D

My operation is due in 2 days.... can't believe its happening... :woot:

I think it's based on what makes a person happy and the influences they grow up around. I think we are lucky with what we have,so much is based on external these days...

Oh my I am soooo like you! This will be the best I think: not thinking about my nose anymore after having been obsessed with it for years! :D

My operation is due in 2 days.... can't believe its happening... :woot:

How did your surgery go?! And is the recovery ok or are you in pain/uncomfortable? i'm very curious...

Hope all is well!

in moderation, i think its ok. i have breast implants because my boobs deflated after childbirth/nursing. i didnt go huge, i just inflated them back to my origional size and shape (well maybe even a little better than before). other than that, I wouldn't change anything else on my face or body. and if it wasnt for childbirth, i wouldnt even have implants now!

^I have changed my mind a bit about plastic surgery. I have finally started to enjoy of my breasts, and if they would go all saggy because of breast feeding, I could maybe consider implants. It is big maybe, I am worried about the complications.

I was always against the plastic surgery, except if it`s because of accident etc. Now I know there are plenty of good surgeons, and they can make breast implants look very natural. I´ve realized it is not like you have to take DD cup. I`m not sure if I will ever do it, but never say never.

Me personally, I would only consider plastic surgery if I got some sort of disfiguring injury (burns etc) which would be helped by it... other than that I think I'd rather have my body natural... wouldn't like unnecessary surgery. That's just for me though... I don't mind others having it, although it does seem a bit selfish/excessive when people spend tens of thousands on it... surely there's better things to spend that much money on? For sure, if your nose is making you depressed, go get a nose job, but when it becomes so much you look at photos from 10 years ago and you don't look like the same person... just no... in my opinion anyway!
I agree with your viewpoint completely!
:flower:

I fully support plastic surgery as long as you dont go the Heidi Montag route.

I had a rhinoplasty in late March and it was best decision I've made for myself. I had it broken three times when I was a kid so it was SEVERELY crooked and had a huge bump. I'd always been veery, very self concious about it. Now it's smaller, sraighter, the bump is gone, and the tip curves up very nicely. Not only do I feel way more confident, but I CAN ACTUALLY BREATHE! I was never able to breathe out of both nostrils before, and now that I can, I sleep like a baby. I can even hit higher notes and hold notes longer now (I'm a singer). What I love most about the result is that I still look like me, just an enhanced version of me.

I had my septorhinoplasty yesterday and just got home from the hospital (I stayed for 1 night).
Everything went well. It's a bit uncomfortable but I actually feel pretty great. I look quite bad though, with swollen and black and blue eyes but oh well, that'll pass.

This was my first plastic surgery and very first surgery ever so I was quite anxious. i'm so happy it's over and that I did it.
Now I just hope that the results will be good!

Sara,

Best wishes for your speedy recovery and I hope you feel better soon! :smile:

Anna

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brier Bunny
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->