What Did You Resist Buying?

tangerine

Soviet Camaro
Reaction score
What did you almost buy, but turned around and walked out on? And why?

Today I went to Nordstrom's intending to buy a black Linea Pelle belt I saw there last week. But I passed on it again, I've already bought two black belts recently that I like better.

:clap: :clap: Way to go!

Me? I haven't passed on anything. That's my problem. I'm giving myself a mission. The next time I go to the mall, (most likely today or tomorrow), I have to pass on something. But it can't just be anything, because I pass up ugly things all the time, it has to be something that I want. Let's see if I can do it!

I've passed up on plenty of things that I could not afford :lol:

The ones that still linger are the $900 Ann Dem boots from last season and $350 Watanabe Levi's jeans with the puprple gothic "M" stitched on the front of the leg (forget which collection)

these helmut lang wrist thingies...i have them on hold...$100 :innocent:

faust...a.store has new demeulemeester boots! :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
When you go to A, you need to check out the new handmade Carol Christian Poell boots!!! Those are amazing. $900 is steep though

Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 2nd, 2004 - 2:09 pm
these helmut lang wrist thingies...i have them on hold...$100 :innocent:

faust...a.store has new demeulemeester boots! :heart:
I saw them :lol: And then I saw the price tag :doh:

well...faust...i confess that while i was in that store i did not look at one price tag...it's so much more fun that way...they make the same boots for women :wub:
not in my price range either :innocent: ...so i guess that's something else i resisted. plus a t-shirt and miniskirt at helmut lang :ninja:

Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 2nd, 2004 - 4:04 pm
well...faust...i confess that while i was in that store i did not look at one price tag...it's so much more fun that way...they make the same boots for women :wub:
not in my price range either :innocent: ...so i guess that's something else i resisted. plus a t-shirt and miniskirt at helmut lang :ninja:
:lol: yea, it's mentally healthier that way!

I love the wrist bands!

A Jurgi Persoons whit silk cotton shirt with black leather cuffs,ruffles(like a tuxedo)and collar. It was a beauty and what I regret about it is that I had the money for it too! :doh:

Originally posted by Scott@Mar 9th, 2004 - 1:34 pm
A Jurgi Persoons whit silk cotton shirt with black leather cuffs,ruffles(like a tuxedo)and collar. It was a beauty and what I regret about it is that I had the money for it too! :doh:
how do you find jurgi in alabama???!!! :huh:

Originally posted by softgrey+Mar 9th, 2004 - 3:47 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Mar 9th, 2004 - 3:47 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Mar 9th, 2004 - 1:34 pm
how do you find jurgi in alabama???!!! :huh: [/b][/quote]
Oh no,not here! :lol: I was in Anvers when I saw that... :P

Originally posted by Scott+Mar 9th, 2004 - 6:41 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scott @ Mar 9th, 2004 - 6:41 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 9th, 2004 - 3:47 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Scott
@Mar 9th, 2004 - 1:34 pm

how do you find jurgi in alabama???!!! :huh:
Oh no,not here! :lol: I was in Anvers when I saw that... :P [/b][/quote]
oh :lol: that 's funny...i was gonna say...pretty fashion forward for the south... :flower:

A beautiful dress by Valentino..It was way too expensive even for a shopping addict like me :wacko:

Too many things to name...
My lastest mistake was this beautiful bronze bag which I was unsure about buying. I later decided to come back for it at which point it was of course gone. Story of my shopping life! :lol:

I have passed things up and regreted it greatly after. Really way too many to name. The last big thing was a grenadine Balenciaga moto bag at Barney's that I then had to find by calling every store I could think of that would have it across the country. I have it now though, so it all worked out for the best anyway.

so...after seeing Sugo's post in the shopaholics topic I was inspired to create a topic about things you ALMOST bought, but didn't. How did you guys exercise self control today?!

over the weekend I talked myself out of the leopard YSL wedges, the pink lotus jacket, and the black manolo patent mary janes

A Fendi Mama Baguette.... I still want it, but at the time I only had about 100 dollars on me... it's a shame, because it was marked down to about $300 :doh:

I am glad I talked myself out of a balenciaga bag

faust started a thread like this ages ago...i wonder where it went?...

i did not buy a drape neck junya watanabe top
i did not buy the vintage pirate boots on ebay
i did not buy the new westwood pirate boots
i did not buy a Y'S jacket in paris
i did not buy these martine sitbon boots in paris...
(though i still think about them... :blush: )
i did not buy anything at agnes b when i was in london or paris
i did not buy any marni this season... :( ...there's still time...
i did not buy any hussein chalayan from liberty in london or barney's ny...but only cause they didn't have my size...

:innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->