What Did You Resist Buying?

IMG_8250.jpg

dang, just posting this lovely piece by LOVER is making me want to buy it all over again.
www.vogue.com.au

Last edited by a moderator:
I resisted to bid on the C Diem leather shirt on Ebay....so tempting :doh: ....I better use that $1000 for something else more important

Whenever I resist buying something, I allways endup buying something else as I reward for resisting buying the other thing....that's messed up!!!

Buckwheat said:
I resisted to bid on the C Diem leather shirt on Ebay....so tempting :doh: ....I better use that $1000 for something else more important

Haha, so did I.... if it was black, gray or white though.. That bad boy would have been mine! A reddish brown is more limiting in my opinion.

Along the same lines, I resisted buying these:
Resizeofphotos.jpg

LMaltieri cashmere (maybe a blend?) gloves. Two parts. You wear the "fingerless" glove portion and then slide the mitten part over the front of your hand with your thumb anchoring it place. $400 or so at Maxfields.

I almost caved... but I held firm. I did pick up a freeform LMaltieri hat in charcoal though!:D

I was dying for this gorgeous Chanel bag Mischa had in Season One of The O.C, so I walked into the shop, I finally had the money, and I was about to buy it but I thought there might be something else so I walked into the MaxMara store just down the street of the Chanel one and by the time I made my decision and walked back to the Chanel store......it was closed.

anything from suzuki takayuki...
a bunch of fun sponges
1/2 of the issey miyake pet bottle collection
1/2 of the issey miyake haat collection
a lovely grey limi feu cocoon sweater coat (couldn't figure out how to wear it and still move my arms- but i still love it)
a bunch of shoe pads/inserts - from muji and other places
a big plaid wrap/blanket/scarf- made in scotland and just gorgeous colours
tons and tons of rice crackers and snack foods...
just loads of food items...
tons of hair products and body/face creams
many stationary and paper products
a bunch of different massage tools that looked funny and interesting and possibly quite useful...
ie- finger massage tool...
^_^
bento box decorations for kids...too cute but also too ridiculous...:lol:...
etc etc etc ...

:rolleyes:...

incense mosquito repellent coils...
really regret this one...
darn mosquitos...
:angry:

my current fave bag is a bento bag in khaki heavy cotton from muji.
though I walk with it without any lunch in it.
I thought of the possibility of looking ridiculous but didn't resist buying it.

haha...
all i can think about is how nobody here even knows that there is such a think as a special bag to carry a bento (though there are some thermal lunch bags)
if you were to carry it here know one would know any different and think it was just a cool bag so good for you for thinking "outside the box"

:wink:

i also resisted a whole bunch of rubber gloves while in nippon...
mostly because the only ones in my size were red or pink and i wanted green or blue...
i'm even picky about my rubber cleaning gloves...
^_^...

i did buy something ridiculous called magic hands- which i SHOULD have resisted because they turn out to be made in the USA and about 1/2 the price if i bought them here...
:doh:...:rolleyes:...:lol:...
http://www.magichandsusa.com/

i do love them though...^_^

then i got a pair of plain latex gloves from muji in nyc and i could not be happier...

resisting paya off in the long run!
:clap:

i was cruising ebay- which i rarely do and i was VERY tempted by some vintage YSL bags...

very grown up and very 1970's...
i have never seen a vintage YSL bag before...
the sellers are in japan somewhere and there are quite a few bags for a good price which seem to be in great shape...
it made me start to wonder if they all came from the same person who had perhaps recently died...

:ninja:

anyway- i resisted~!!!
much as i love them all, the fendi that i already have satisfies me enough...
for now...:innocent:

there was also a vintage YSL camel coat...
SICK!...:shock:...
*sigh*
but i don't believe that any wool coat from that era in that colour will be damage free, no matter what the pics look like...
plus i think it would be best on someone with broader shoulders..

i have a lovely long camel cashmere coat which i never wear...
i made up my mind to skip the YSL and to wear my cashmere today...

so i did that...
dang- i forgot how good this coat is~!
lovely and chic and warm...

i'm so very happy with my decision...
:clap:...

i resisted a lovely black horn double strand necklace from the brand Monies...
i don't have a good black beaded necklace that is not too long or too short...
and it was a great price...

but i decided that there were other things that were higher priority...

i have a feeling i am going to regret this one...
:ermm:...

a grey loro piana 100% cashmere sweater, 60% off but still very expensive...

about 10 pairs of boots...
all priced at close to $1000...
can you imagine...?
$10,000 on boots...in 10 minutes...
and i could easily do it too...
easily...

:ninja:...:hardhead:...

for so many years i hated all the ugly platform shoes and the ridiculous over decorated stuff out there...
and now suddenly- everything i have been looking for is all available all at once and i think my head will explode~!

also
suede boots with fringe...
i have wanted a pair for ages...
there are so many right now that it almost seems too common to be cool...
how ironic...

:rolleyes:

everything every time I go inside an stationery store -_-

Resisted the iPad Pro and the Apple Pencil.

about 10 pairs of boots...
all priced at close to $1000...
can you imagine...?
$10,000 on boots...in 10 minutes...
and i could easily do it too...
easily...

:ninja:...:hardhead:...

for so many years i hated all the ugly platform shoes and the ridiculous over decorated stuff out there...
and now suddenly- everything i have been looking for is all available all at once and i think my head will explode~!

Should have just gone for it, softgrey.

Boots are one of my high fashion weaknesses but I’m so obsessively specific and need it to be the right design, leather, feel, fit, silhouette, heel, never-trendy-but-not-typically-classic, etc… So when the stars align and offer all the right designs before you— and you have the means, you should obey and just buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->