What To Wear On An Airplane

Lol, Vetements, I often see people carting hard case luggage on the plane and it baffles me as well. Why would you put yourself through all of that?
I like the idea of one bag for all your misc stuff, will nick that tip off you.
I don't know about taking off your shoes though.

OMG! No, stop! :shock: Why are you doing this? The mere thought of a limbless torso.....:sick:
A friend of mine alerted me with an update on the Kim Wall saga. Fate has dealt this woman with a shocking hand of cards. The news put me right off my dinner and any future plans to try a charcuterie-making course!

Oh, and the culprit is Danish. :innocent:

Source: BBC.com

That murderer is so cold blooded :shock:

Benn, what’s wrong with taking off shoes, if it’s a long haul flight I will definitely recommend you to do that :blink:
Trust me, you will thank me lol

^ NO! I mean, good luck getting these muffins back in. :lol:

(easy I know, but that feeling.. uh, frequent stretching/walking and no need for that imo).

Benn, I followed that story from day one lol. The layers of skin protecting the spine are super resistant, I imagine that's not entirely why that man stopped at it but it is a lot of work. Little odd story: I had back surgery as a teenager, over a decade later I ran into my sweet surgeon who was just happy to see me alive or something :smile:lol::rolleyes:) and he introduced me to a friend he was with, and then he's like 'you already met her, she was THAT patient that took us hours to like.. pull' :smile:shock:smile: and the friend was like 'ugh no, that was horrible... it haunted me for years! I felt so sorry for you'. Nothing rings a bell obviously, it just struck me that at some point he said 'hooks'.. in order to keep it open.

Back to taking shoes off, I assume you're up to date with this..? lol.

Unless I'm relocating, I never check luggage, I hate it.. I feel like I have mastered 'snow to beach to camping to ballet' packing and it all fits and it's all good.. and I have never carried a pillow but I did travel with this and it was AMAZING until it got lost.

^ Mullet ... I could have remained in blissful ignorance of those feet my whole life, but I just had to drop in to the 'What to wear on an airplane' thread :rofl:

I am firmly in the check luggage camp, although my bag did get lost once, and that is a super big pain. That made a difference to what I definitely put in my carry on (yes to underwear). I just don't want to deal with the whole liquids and aerosol issue, and I have only so much upper-body strength to get my bag up in there. Plus I need clothes ... I only take exactly what I will wear, and it's still too much to carry.

Vetements, I generally wear knit sneakers which are lightweight and to some extent very airy. Not talking about you at all, but I simply cannot vouch for the hygiene of others to endorse this idea.

They're making valid points about the checked luggage, but I really keep this as light as possible. That's with the idea of 'lost luggage' firmly in mind.

^ Mullet ... I could have remained in blissful ignorance of those feet my whole life, but I just had to drop in to the 'What to wear on an airplane' thread :rofl:

She's the worst!!!! Trying to trigger my inner and repressed necrophile. I'll fight it to the bitter end! Lol. Hope I'll never ever, ever in my entire life come across a severed foot on a dive trip! I didn't even know it was possible for a foot to detach from the corpse (and that a corpse can stay intact underwater for 3 decades!!) I mean, there goes my knit sneaker recommendation a few posts back. Sure as hell DO NOT want my black toenail varnished feet to wind up in some obscure country, complete with bright coloured Nike sneakers. :shock:
They should tell all the ones who jump off bridges to top themselves to take their shoes off first. Will at least save us watersports fanatics the indignity of bumping into decapitated feet (chewing my fist as I'm typing this!)

Oh and btw, that weird neck device from Amazon looks like something cooked up by a snakeoil salesman, but it's purported benefits eventually got dispelled and now it's meaningless. Or a Victorian sex toy. Either way, very suspect looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ haha.. first of all, it feels so damn good you can't really handle it without laughing so, it works?. But funny you say that cause the day I lost it (layover at atatürk) I used it on the back of my legs and fell asleep and woke up in what had turned into a crowded gate (of course) full of people that, judging by their getups/burkas, were heading a more traditional region. I immediately removed it from my thigh and put it on my neck like you know, despite falling asleep with an open mouth and all, I'm serious about this n-e-c-k massage :lol:. I must've gotten so fed up with this stupid display of LA wellness that that was the last place I remember seeing it..

Yeah, checking luggage is for me a green light to overpacking and succumbing to my weakness for "outfit options" I don't need. I have a bunch of muji bottles for liquids but I usually take them empty, I'd rather buy new interesting stuff in my destination.

Seven thins to wear on airplane
*Layers, Layers, Layers
*Breathable Fabrics
*Support or Compression Legwear
*Comfortable, Simple Shoes
*Clothes with Lots of Pockets
*Loose-Fitting Clothing
*Something Stylish

Hope this helps!

Travelling in an airplane can be tiring, so you need to wear something comfortable. At the same time, it should not be shabby, rather a cute outfit. Getting some cute outfits packed is an added advantage, since you can’t really risk your health for the unknown or an unpredictable weather condition.

face mask and rubber gloves...
but, really- just stay home...

:ninja:

There are so many stylish alternatives that are perfect for traveling, which makes it hard to justify just going with ordinary slacks these days. Both Prada and Gucci have some amazing laidback-wear, and even Adidas have a few sets that really stands out. There is really no need to compromise on style for comfort, in my opinion :D

Was just reading that airlines are going to start requiring masks ... posted the embroidered denim I've ordered in another thread. It will be a big improvement over the one I've made from a grey t-shirt ... I hope I'm not going to need an entire wardrobe of masks by the time this is over :ninja:

Was just reading that airlines are going to start requiring masks ... posted the embroidered denim I've ordered in another thread. It will be a big improvement over the one I've made from a grey t-shirt ... I hope I'm not going to need an entire wardrobe of masks by the time this is over :ninja:

they should all def require masks!!!
:judge:

and- yes- we will need several masks if we go out regularly because a mask has to be disinfected or discarded (depending on the type) after each use...

*someone just posted pics of her flight from Paris to Ohio...
basically no one in the airport or on the plane...

:innocent:

^ So far I have the one I made, 4 that finally arrived, and another 2 denim that have shipped but aren't in my hot little hands yet. I didn't plan it this way, but today I was wearing a polka dot mask with a polka dot blouse, and received a compliment on the combo. I guess what I'm saying is I hope I don't feel the need to have them to coordinate with everything I own, but that may very well be coming next ...

Mine are all washable, but don't know how well they'll survive the laundry. I certainly hope I won't have to iron them ... or take them to the cleaners :doh:

I saw a woman wearing a Gucci one at the grocery store, I assume fake ...

I'm looking forward to travelling again but masking is a must, I don't want a covid reinfection....

I also belong to the school of "hand baggage only" so that means any coats and heavy shoes are things I would rather wear than put in my luggage. And carry a shawl or blanket scarf, it's so much nicer than whatever the airplane provides to shield you from the a/c.

Last time I travelled by plane I wore a fine rib knit poloneck and jeans.

long skirt (much more comfortable than jeans when you want to sleep) and easily removable shoes (for if I want to sit cross-legged).

Recently, I wear the same thing every time. Simple slip-on sneakers, a plain long-sleeve tee, drawstring trousers. I have a bunch of super cheap and super thin/lightweight long cardigans that easily fit into a tote when not needed but have a large surface area and can double as a blanket lol so I bring one of those as well. Easy. I know people go on about how slovenly people are at the airport these days and how people used to get dressed up, but the fact is you want to be comfortable for hours and literally no one else cares what you're wearing, so neat + simple + nondescript + comfortable is the obvious answer, for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->