What to Wear to a Rock Concert...

I would wear a loose black American Apparel tee, dark grey skinny jeans, pyramid studded leather bracelet and black chunky platform ankle booties. Chunky heels are much more comfortable than thinner heels!

I never wear heels to concerts, or even wedges.

Last outfit I wore to a concert was a tunic-length tank, black sequinned leggings, and flats with a micro-wedge. Plus I have the most awesome glitter eyeshadow so I wore tons of that and found it all over the house for the next week. :smile:

I love to go to gigs! I've never worn high heels but I don't think there's something wrong when somebody does. I just feel sorry about their feet then :wink:

I always want to look stylish at gigs though because you never know if you meet the artists afterwards which happens to me often.

I wear skinny jeans, leggings, OTK flat boots, boots, converse shoes (but then the rest of the outfit must look really good), very short dresses (then I wear leggings), the tops I wear are very elegant. I also like to add nice accessoires.

Casual but stylish.

Soon I'll attent another gig then I'll post a pic of my outfit. Pics are always better :smile:

I don't know what rock concerts you all go to but in my experience, wearing heels would be rediculous! people crowd surfing everywhere, moshing, trying to push closer to the band...If you don't hurt your own foot your bound to hurt someone elses!

I generally just wear shorts, a nice top and some cool lace up flat shoes, converse or soemthing alike.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't go to a lot of shows anymore but last time I did (couple months ago), I did see girls wearing heels, and it's always been like that.. the majority will be dressed for the occasion (jeans + comfy top + flats) but there are the groupie-aspiring ones that have that Betty Page/Katy Perry thing going on and wear Jeffrey Campbell shoes (just so you can imagine the level of 'comfort'), it's so cheap-looking but I guess it adds up to the atmosphere :lol:.

I usually go for a standard "night out" look of heels, skinny pants, top - but pile on chains and studded jewellery/wear a little more leather than usual/shredded everything

Leather jackets are great if you can stick it somewhere when it gets hot. I usually don't take a jacket to a concert if there's not a seat to put it on.

what i wore to the Blondie show...
washed silk batwing dress- open at sides -veronique branquinho *blk shiny tube dress underneath*
blk kitten heel bts- bloomingdales
silver anchor nklc- ugo cacciatore

silver metallic clutch bag w. handcuff bracelet- helmut lang

Attachments

• 2011 blondie-branquinho dress.jpg
    2011 blondie-branquinho dress.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 16
aha, the debbie harry almost-trashy boots...i remember when you bought those!

:P

perfectly cool with that dress...you look great. :D

yep- i had to wear the boots that debbie harry inspired me to get...
:P...

thanks guys!...
:kiss:...

it was a GREAT show!...
:mohawk:

ok- after my third show in 2 wks...
i'm gonna say that boots are the main component of concert gear~
everything else revolves around that...

B)

thanks softgrey
I haven't been to rock concerts for years, but I will remember the tip when I go.

guess who these boys from 1980 at adam & the ants show

off topic: "antwerp six" having fun in japan 1984

dirk van saene and walter van beirendonk (left)

my scan

Attachments

• img128.jpg
    img128.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 141
  • img1282.jpg
    img1282.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 7
Dries looks so young and so dorky :heart: (cause that's Dries, right? :rofl: )

woah!...
how funny!...and awesome!!!...

:woot:...

yes definitely dries
and if I understand it rightly, it's dirk van saene that took the pic.
looks like the man behind bikkembergs is mm.
so strictly speaking it's the seven that there were there.
it's a few years before the famous london "debut" of the so-called original six.

what limi wore to rock concerts
limifeu.weblogs.jp

Attachments

• img_1297_2.jpg
    img_1297_2.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 4
  • imgp0751.jpg
    imgp0751.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 5
  • img_0406.jpg
    img_0406.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 4
Not a rock concert exactly...

But in 2 weeks time I'm off to Manchester for the Stone Roses :heart: I just don't know what to wear?! I don't want to wear a band shirt,too cliched. And at the moment I have no idea what the weather will be like...any advice?

got tickets for Dead Can Dance August 10th in Seattle! woot!!

but i believe it's seating if my hubby followed my directions. which changes the attire agenda. i'm so short I always end up wearing some sort of stacked closed toe shoe for maximum rock'n'roll viewing and prevent mashed toes!

generally for GA shows I stick with t shirts or light blouses with a sweater (light weight wool works well for layering) that can be tied around the waist, in case things get muggy, humid as usually is the case. i pretty much wear what i wear on a daily basis, nothin crazy or bowie-esque. i usually also end up taking along an expandable yet compact bag for merch, if the band is warrants it. i have no qualms about wearing band shirts to concerts B).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anka xx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->