34006882_2.jpg

34004809_2.jpg

34005111_2.jpg

9698_index.jpg

Pucci
8626_index.jpg

Michael Kors

photos from bluefly.com, yoox.com, net-a-porter.com, bergdorfgoodman.com

Hopefully these can help some of the questions, present and future, about style-y prom dresses. I can produce links to a specific dress if needbe. :smile:

TheSoCalledPrep said:
I would go for this, if I had 6 grand for a prom dress\

Gianfranco Ferre from Yoox

that's absolutely glorious!!!!! :shock: :heart:

Prep, that dark brown Galliano is to die for! And I love the color of that Kors gown.

If I were a girl going to prom and I needed a dress I'd go with something simple and short....I don't know why but I wanna see a girl go to prom in a dress like this Calvin Klein

00126.L.JPG

or maybe one of these Gucci looks....
00243.L.JPG

00273.L.JPG

put any of these looks with a tight little chingon, soft nude eye makeup and clear gloss, and a simple sandal (or that silver Gucci peep toe) and it'd look so gorgeous.

if i were a) female and b) going to prom, i'd wear this entire look from dior's spring 2005 collection

s05_spy_a.jpg
s05_spy_b.jpg

... va va voom! :woot: :heart:

Some other dresses that could make cute prom attire...

McQueen
34006272_2.jpg

Gucci
34005325_2.jpg

Roland Mouret
10026_index.jpg

Anna Sui
8526_index.jpg

Gaultier
34005138_2.jpg

and pretty much any of these Marc Jacobs confections...
00360f.jpg
00390f.jpg

00410f.jpg
00420f.jpg

00430f.jpg
00440f.jpg

00450f.jpg
00460f.jpg

photos: Yoox.com, Net A Porter and Style.com

ooh i had my prom this year already (my school's is early) and i had such an easy time shopping in Bloomies in NYC. I ended up with a black BCBG halter v-neck dress that fit like a dream. I say you NEED to try things on, shopping online is difficult, if i'd seen my dress just online i wouldntv'e picked it out right away. it wasnt until i tried my dress on that i realized it was perfection. :D

that snake Gucci is cool... and I always look at the Anna Sui on net-a-porter, but I wouldn't wear it to a formal because i think i'd be out of place... everyone at our school wears floor length :\ cocktail party though, yesss

Yeah, that Anna Sui one is adorable, but so many people go floor-length....it's a shame really cause there are so many pretty shorter dresses out there too.

Yes yes yes!!!! I love this!!!!! I remeber seeing it some time ago and absolutely fell for it! :D

8526_index.jpg

I've got my formal (thats what we call proms in australia) coming up soon enough!! :D

Anyway I was just browsing different styles and stuff..thought I'd share some!
I especially love the pink flouncy one...maybe in a different colour?

Little Star said:
I've got my formal (thats what we call proms in australia) coming up soon enough!! :D

Anyway I was just browsing different styles and stuff..thought I'd share some!
I especially love the pink flouncy one...maybe in a different colour?

The pink one would be nicer in a sea foam green. The pink makes it too froo froo. Although not my style, the blue one is also pretty.

We call them formals here too, because there's only one "prom" and it's for the seniors. We have Freshman Formal, Sophmore/Junior, and Senior Prom. So, yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sighnvera
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->