What to wear to prom or homecoming

I agree, the dress is very nice!
The pearls are grey though....I'd swap them for more creamy coloured ones, it would look more French and basically nicer in a natural tone.

i like this one http://www.emmasomerset.co.uk/images/spring_collection/es12_lg.jpg
for my prom i wore a black floor length dress that was tight to the knee, then transparent and floaty to the floor with ribbons that flowed over to the floor. i love it and have still got it somewhere.

As for the paris theme, my friend wore the most amazing corset top...properly boned and laced etc, with a floorlength skirt that had the same embroidery up one leg.but then she does have an amazing figure for it.

I really like the ones that SoCalledPrep posted for Hippie/Boheme, except I probably won't be able to afford any. I'm waiting until after AP exams to go shopping.

Anybody know where you can get a good dress below 100 dollars, cheaper than that even, the cheapest.

MZ Bloom said:
Anybody know where you can get a good dress below 100 dollars, cheaper than that even, the cheapest.

:DEBAY!?

Look, prom night is one of the most important nights of your life. For many of us it is the first night we make love. Spend the money, at least $900, and buy something nice. I recomend Alberta Ferreti. She makes the prettiest dresses.

haruki said:
Look, prom night is one of the most important nights of your life. For many of us it is the first night we make love. Spend the money, at least $900, and buy something nice. I recomend Alberta Ferreti. She makes the prettiest dresses.

Uhm... Huh??? :unsure:

Spike413 said:
Yeah, that Anna Sui one is adorable, but so many people go floor-length....it's a shame really cause there are so many pretty shorter dresses out there too.

I've decided not to go floor length this year...my dress is just past the knee! :flower:

haruki said:

Huh? Most of us who have prom this year are 16-18....whilst it may be for some, it is definately not 'the fight night we make love' for the majority. Plus $900 dollars is a lot of money for just one night...

haruki said:
I barely remember my prom, and I'm glad I didn't turn it into some big event and get all emotional over it, like many of my other classmates. My advice would be to not spend a lot of money on your dress becuase in the end, it's only a school dance.

^haha, I KNOW I'm selling mine on ebay afterwards.. :innocent: I wish I wasn't going.. Perhaps it seems like I'm making a big deal of it.. but trust me, I'm not.. :lol: and I'm not making love

The Prom Ensemble

Alright. I have a general concept of what I want to do but I don't know how to execute the ideas. That outfit below is the inspiration but I don't know how to translate it into menswear. I do have a fox that is just like that, still intact.

Or does anyone have any idea how I can wear the fox without making it seem like an afterthought? I was thinking Prince of Wales check, but I don't know how to work it.

How do I turn this into menswear?
00101.L.JPG

All I can think is draped on the shoulders like a scarf or something :unsure:

Putting it on your head like that just won't translate off the runway.

Maybe you could have a dressy jacket made in the same orangey leather or suade?

You will look like either a Cherokee if you decide to make a whole suit out of that saffron suede :ninja: unless you make just a fitted blazer, beige wrinkled tight pants, almost like leggins, and then wear the fox around your neck, some sort of like Gucci's coats from Tom's last show...

That's all I can think of.

I reckon avoid - it's not one of John's best looks. He's done plenty of fox-fur for Galliano Homme.

I don't know where to post this... but okay I need some advice on what to wear with my dress! Jewelry and shoes.. What kind of makeup? Argh, I'm no good at matching things! :lol:

prodImage.ms

here's a close up (attached).. so you can more accurately see the color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EthanY
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->