What to wear to prom or homecoming

that dress is beautiful... it's something my mom would totally go for if she could see it in person- :heart: gorgeous- i think i'm going to go and look at the stores then post any pics i can find of dresses... so gorgeous any more ideas- brian I :heart: that dress

...How about everyone just goes the easier way and requests to the D&G or Versace for a dress to borrow? That's much easier and you don't have to pay. They'll give it to you to wear so as long as you give it back in mint condition - who knows, they might just give it to you as a gift, too. Anyway...hope I helped some.

politesociety... you can do that? I would have no idea who to call or write for that sort of thing- if they did let me borrow one could I tailor it a little because I have a small waist and a very large chest (like under 30 inches with 38 D/DD)... I was thinking about changing into a red chiffon bcbg number for after so... private me please?

I think it would be rare for a big house to lend you out a dress if there wasn't going to be any press coverage of the event. And even rarer for them to let you tailor it.

like- i mean they aren't going to let a girl from south mississippi borrow a dress you know- even though it would be fabulous

Oh - ...well, are you a socialite who frequents? Just drop them a line or a note if you know them personally. If you don't frequent, it doesn't matter so much. Never forget the power of your parents - you could still have your father or mother arrange or request for you...or the next show you go to, you could talk to the designer about it at the after party or sometime after the show or perhaps before, though the ultimate compliment is to present the compliment and request after the show (in courtesy of how much you enjoyed it) - that is, assuming you already know her/him...though it can come off as a bit impersonal, or in the case that you don't know them too well; a bit too personal - that is, unless, of course, presuming you come from the Phipps or Farish bloodline. Otherwise, you shouldn't go about it that way too often... Otherwise, it should be no problem.

If not, well...I really don't know how I can help you in that case...sorry...but I do borrow their dresses to galas or some big social event. In any case - socialite or not - you usually don't get dresses tailored, you borrow a dress the way it is and return it in mint condition unless they decide to give it to you as a gift or you choose to purchase it. The only way that a dress would be tailored would be if they previously made the dress for you - with you in thought, that is. Then, there would be no problem...but I personally think borrowing dresses is convenient because once I'm photographed or shot or wear a dress out in a public event, I usually can't wear it again.

Again, my apologies, and if I could help in any other way or if you wanted to know more, feel free to ask.

hm.. well my mom buys things now and then but generally prefers ralph lauren (being horribly preppy) and i've never attended a show b/c living near new orleans makes it a wee bit inconvienent so.. yeah i'm going to go look for dresses around at the local shops...

i found a dress!!! the website won't let you print a photo or copy it, but go to rivadesigns.com and click on the 2005 collection- it's the 3rd down in the middle column. I want y'all's opinions!!

yes it is... i'm not a fan of the bow- but in person it's quite lovely- we might take the bow off and put sequins where it was... what does everyone think?

Thanks for those sites!

I'll be going to my first prom this year, junior prom! I'm really excited.. But also kind of scared because I got this catolouge of prom dresses in the mail and they were all ugly. Too much bright bright colors and tacky rhinestones for my tastes. But those websites kind of made me feel better, though I'm still not in love with anything yet. Some dresses I liked:
31171F.JPG

But I'm thinking its not very "prom".:unsure:

15495F.JPG

I like this dress a lot, but its still not really a prom dress. Hmm, maybe I'll be unique..^_^
51718F.JPG

Hmm..

BTW, thanks again for those websites. I'll keep looking until I find something perfect.:flower:

I just realized all those dresses have the same cut, different lengths. Hmm.. I know one thing I like at least.

pointup said:
Try here perhaps http://edressme.com/promdresses.html

I have prom in May but I don't really like prom dresses so much... don't know what I'll end up wearing

Agreed. I loathe prom gowns... they're all so expected, boring, cliche and THE SAME... argh...... I do have two that I bought for 10 dollars each at the thrift... brand new with tags... they are quite pretty... :doh:

Also... I like stay away from sequins at netting and foof and the typical prom gown stuff... I tend to go for more Oscars-y gowns that have a classic appeal. Bluefly has some very nice dresses (albeit some terribly ugly ones too)... I like this:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinDeeWan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->