whatever happened to them?

zamb

Reaction score
i moved to new york in the spring of 2001, i showed my first collection in october of that same year. at that time there was a creative energy and a youthful vibrance in fashion that does not seem to exist anymore. at the time there were a lot of stores and small boutiques that were interested in carrying small independent designers, showrooms and public relations companies that were more that willing tom work with you, modelling agencies and and assortment of people (stylists, make up artist etc) who were more than willing to support an independent designer whom they believed was worth something.
at the time there was a significant number of young creative designers that were doing thier thing. it was yesterday that i was asking a friend about a designer who used to be here in new york (morteza saifi) that i no longer hear anything about. my friend who is also a designer, and share the same nationality (iranian) with mr. saifi, did not even hear of him!
it led me to wonder what has happened to some of the designers who used to be here (or even other places in the world, such as london or paris)

what i will do is list a nunber of them and if anyone knows what has happened to anyone they can respond, also, feel free to add to the list if there is someone you once heard about but has somehow dissappeared into oblivion

Morteza saifi,
O.r.f.i. (organization for returning fashion interest)
Seth shapiro
jess holsworth
marshall liegh
andre walker
mark kroeker
ulla johnson
tawfik mounayer
Dugg by douglas hobbs
people used to dream about the future
christina perrin
warren norhona
icarus de menzes (brazilian, i am unsure of the spelling)
lizzy disney
josephus thimister
owen gaster
tristan webber
arkadius (polish)
sold by jenisa washington
alexandra lind
sally penn

Last edited by a moderator:
Arkadius was showing at LA Fashion week .. I think he still does

*goes and check on firstview*

Hum .. last collection on the site is from 04 ... but there may be some on style.com .. tho Im too lazy to check ... I've seen him on parties with some "celebs"

PS You forgot to ask about Miguel Adrover

i know what happened to miguel, thats why i didnt ask about him.
he was having difficulties in new york and eventually he decided to move home to mallorca (unsure of the spelling) it is a small spanish island he originated from)

Oh ... sorry then! :P

Hum ... about the pics with celebs .. scratch that ... I dont know why but got my thoughts mixed-up and thought of Jeremy Scott instead .. :s

I remember one thread about how Arkadius boutique back in native Poland had to be closed cuz of some problems ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->