What's in and what's out...

:heart: normal waists..
i think 'high waists' are brought in to balance the uber low waist trend that has been going on for such a long time and which is been certainly falling out of fashion since at least six months now

I understand the downfalls of a superlow waist (crack/thong flash is never tasteful), but I'm kinda scared to go for pants that are normal waist. I guess I'm only talking about jeans. Trousers and suiting always fall at my natural waist or just slightly below my navel, but I can not imagine ever wearing jeans that high. Wouldn't it make you look terribly pear-shaped? I'm getting images of the mom-jeans sketch from snl in my head.:blink:

So yeah I guess I want to know if you guys think jeans are moving up or not? I think jeans always look better lower. My opinion is save high or natural waists for trousers. What do you think?

check these :

high waist or floaty silhouette out (McQueen Summer06) :

or high waist from chloé

Cowboy "iiii-yaaaaa" -sorry it's french onomatopé!- (from old Dsquared show) :

Elegant or luxury neutrals (from YSL rive gauche, summer06) :

Safari (vintage YSL safari jacket from 70s:(

Vans (from Custom your Vans on vans.com) :

"coupé au ciseau silhouette" (cut your silhouette w/ scissors...very literal translation) (from Alaïa vintage that's what inspired Alexander McQueen for his summer collection) :

source : style.com, vans.com, 2 pics are from google image search then i don't remember where it's from sorry...

Last edited by a moderator:
berlin, thanks for posting the pics and welcome to tFS

please add some credits to images posted or in accordance with tFS rules, i'm afraid we will have to edit..

Kimkhuu said:
The best rule ever: never follow any fashion rule!

:P

I agree! And I agree about the Vans too. I wouldn't be caught dead in 'em. neither would I be in anything cowboy :innocent:

some info abt the in and out items in s/s 2006...
i would to have

well, i only just bought some gorgeois victoriana boots, and there is no way i am ditching them.

go your own way . . .even if its so 2005

Hm, definatly not doing high waists, and even putting belts round my proper waist rather than on my hips makes me look like my backside is enormous, and i have no torso :sick:

Heard about the cowboy thing on the radio earlier, they said the boots will be coming out again....
I thought that was all over with after the Dukes of Hazzard :ninja:

I think the high waist thing can be a good move, personally I could never do the high waist thing (I think it’s a bit different for guys) but you should always dress to your body type. I see so many girls in low rise jeans with their stomachs hanging over, and it almost makes me throw up a little in my mouth. Fashion trends do work but they need to work for you first otherwise you end up looking like trash. And the whole cowboy boot thing, I wish it would go away.

Ollie said:
I think the high waist thing can be a good move, personally I could never do the high waist thing (I think it’s a bit different for guys) but you should always dress to your body type. I see so many girls in low rise jeans with their stomachs hanging over, and it almost makes me throw up a little in my mouth. Fashion trends do work but they need to work for you first otherwise you end up looking like trash. And the whole cowboy boot thing, I wish it would go away.

:lol: haha ...... haha :lol: it's very true what you have said and i agree with you, Ollie. i like what you said that "otherwise you end up looking like trash". but the thing i don't really agree about the cowboy boots. i personally don't mind them as long as ppl got a nice pair of cowboy boots (but it's really hard to find a nice pair. :( BTW i am still looking for one. ^_^) and pull it off well. why not?

but let's say i'm supposed to give suggestions and choose clothes for the shop i'm working in, am i supposed to use the information as a guideline?

this is the first time i'm getting clothes for the shop and i don't want the clothes to not sell.
i want to trust my own taste and choose the clothings myself but i'm really afraid that customers will comment that the clothings are ugly, not nice, etc..

vinatgedolly, i'd say.. trust your own taste and keep in mind the general in/out trends so you keep a 'fresh' atmosphere
regardless how we personally feel about trends, they are out there influencing & leading the customer so one needs to keep them in the back of one's mind..

Cowboys?! Didn't some celebs just get over them.

I hope this does not become a trend, Britney made swore off them.

kachi said:
i HATE the high waists trend. it looks big and fat for my hip. :(
Agreed. If you are bigger in the hips (even if I lost weight I'd still have wide hips due to genetics) it looks tacky.

I try my best not to take some of these to heart but I need a bit of colour in spring. I'll try to keep it understated.

And getting me to cover up is tougher than pulling teeth. I own so many halter tops and tube tops and such as well as shorts and miniskirts that it's become a part of who I am. I don't pair a halter top with a miniskirt though. Miniskirts are only work with dressier shirts for me.

My own list:

In<>Out

Clean skin, zero eye makeup, red lips <> Shimmery bronzed look
Short hair <> Long hair with bangs
Light brown hair color <> Red hair
Suspenders <> Long dangling necklaces
Knee high socks worn with pumps <> Ankle boots
Minimalism <> Layering, detailing
High waisted raw, loose fitted denim <> Skinny jeans
Small lense, all black retro sunglasses <> Sixties sunglasses with funky colored frames
Sheer gloves <> Big bangles
High gloss leather or vinyl <> Lame
Low "profile" messenger bags <> must have CULT bags
Latte <> Purple
Washed out pale colors <> Deep, rich shades
Natural eye makeup <> Heavy Penelope Tree inspired eye makeup
Sleek, groomed and modern looking hair <> Bed head look
Punk <> Beatnik
High waisted, fitted knee lenght skirts <> Voluminous skirts
Structured silhouettes <> Flowing silhouettes
Ties <> Bows
Long or semi-long capes <> Waistcoats
Skinhead boots <> Flats

Last edited by a moderator:
I tought cowbooy boots were out!! Hmmm .if the whole boho-chic is last season then.. what are we still doing with cowbooy boots?? That is weird.

^ If you like them wear them, if you don't, then throw them away... Style.com/Vogue is not the fashion bible... ^_^

I disagree with them most of the time.

Kimkhuu said:
^ If you like them wear them, if you don't, then throw them away... Style.com/Vogue is not the fashion bible... ^_^

I disagree with them most of the time.

Agreed, people are too obsessed with what the trends are, instead of wearing what they like. Fashion-victims:yuk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->