What's in and what's out...

i feel bad for people who are slaves to trends also, but i follow trends because i think it's interesting to watch how trends change and reflect how society and the world in general changes. that doesn't mean i get dressed how vogue says to that month. it's just really interesting to me.

So will I be In if I wear a sailor striped golf shirt with high waisted mom jeans and cowboys boots and a Superman cape to tie the look together? I'll be cool then, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's fine to take elements of trends and blend them into your individual style..but copying whole 'looks' because Vogue tells you that it's the 'must have' for whatever season..is sad.

Velouria said:
So will I be In if I wear a sailor striped gold shirt with high waisted mom jeans and cowboys boots and a Superman cape to tie the look together? I'll be cool then, right?

:rofl:

dreamsethereal said:
i think it's interesting to watch how trends change and reflect how society and the world in general changes. that doesn't mean i get dressed how vogue says to that month. it's just really interesting to me.

same here.. making a living watching what's out there doesn't hurt me either

no one is asking anyone to be a slave to any or all of these trends...it is a list that chronicles timely developments & movements that some people are interested in observing. let's not understate the importance of trends. fashion relies on trends-- naturally and financially. it is a bit too easy to use the term "trend" in a pejorative manner, isn't it...

ilovepositano said:
no one is asking anyone to be a slave to any or all of these trends...it is a list that chronicles timely developments & movements that some people are interested in observing. let's not understate the importance of trends. fashion relies on trends-- naturally and financially. it is a bit too easy to use the term "trend" in a pejorative manner, isn't it...

absolutely agreed, karma for you

I hate in and out lists like the vogue's list. I only wear whatever I like, if it happens to be a "trend piece" that's fine but I'm not obsessed with the trends that I HAVE to follow them. Like I hate the whole cowboy, uggs hype. I hated these boots.

Velouria said:
So will I be In if I wear a sailor striped golf shirt with high waisted mom jeans and cowboys boots and a Superman cape to tie the look together? I'll be cool then, right?

You've got style.... ! :rofl:

But wait a minute, Vogue says that Cowboy boots are out.... :( :lol:

And good point ilovepositano. The word trend is getting used in a really pejorative way... ...but it really shouldn't be. I think it also has to do with confusion between mainstream and runwway trends.

Velouria said:

Ohhhhh so cool, Velouria :wink:

Agree with ilovepositano, trends aren't evil ... they're kind of like lined paper, you write whatever you want on it ...

I think this list makes some valid points, but ...

Bright white out--Umm, this is a huge trend for spring. In the must-haves thread, I put it on my list of trends I'm tossing back (because I don't look good in bright white and it's a stain magnet).

Floaty silhouettes out--another significant trend for spring that's been widely documented.

Victoriana boots out--well, maybe, but Rochas did some gorgeous ones and these again have been featured in many magazines.

As far as which colors are in, in addition to those that've already been mentioned, nude and sand colors are huge ...

^Yes...I have seen some cream Victorian brocade boots that I think would look great for S/S. This list seems to be more restrictive than others that I have seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->