What's your favourite RTW collection season of all time?

nationalsalt

Reaction score
Mine is probably Fall 2007; there were stellar collections from Prada, Dior, Galliano, Balenciaga, Nina Ricci and Christian Lacroix to name just a few. My only slight let down was McQueen - I didn't think his Salem Witches collection was his strongest.

Which season stands out as a great one to you?

Fall 2007 2-min2-min.png

I think the seasons between 2005-2008 were the best IMO, the designers were really pushing themselves in terms of creativity, silhouette, design and fabrications :heart:

It's hard to choose any out of those, but personally I'd have to say probably 2007. I loved all the futurism the designers played around with!

I think the seasons between 2005-2008 were the best IMO, the designers were really pushing themselves in terms of creativity, silhouette, design and fabrications :heart:

It's hard to choose any out of those, but personally I'd have to say probably 2007. I loved all the futurism the designers played around with!

Agreed, especially re: fabrications! Looking at recent seasons, it feels like far fewer designers are pushing the boundaries in terms of textiles anymore and everything is a lot plainer. Alas...

Agreed, especially re: fabrications! Looking at recent seasons, it feels like far fewer designers are pushing the boundaries in terms of textiles anymore and everything is a lot plainer. Alas...
It's so true! I hadn't quite put 2+2 together, but that's been my problem with the majority of designers these days (beyond everyone copying Philo lol), is how flat everything feels.

Prada especially back in the day, those waxed knits and metallic jacquards from Fall 2007 were perfection :crush: hell even Raf's work for Jil Sander was good during those years, I still revisit the Tulle collection of S/S 2008 quite often.

2006-2008 really was a golden age. I think designers had shed some really questionable early 2000s trends and streamlined their codes. Fall 2006 and Fall 2008 are particularly excellent.

Except they took it too far and now they all look alike.

It's so true! I hadn't quite put 2+2 together, but that's been my problem with the majority of designers these days (beyond everyone copying Philo lol), is how flat everything feels.

Prada especially back in the day, those waxed knits and metallic jacquards from Fall 2007 were perfection :crush: hell even Raf's work for Jil Sander was good during those years, I still revisit the Tulle collection of S/S 2008 quite often.

Yeah Prada and Raf were really something else at that time. A shame they had to find each other haha.

For me anything between 2013 and 2014, but there's a lot of goodness in 2015 too. This was the high point of elegant minimalism and designers were they were at their most creative, proving it doesn't have to be boring.

View attachment 1315470

I recognise Balenciaga and Celine there - could you clue us in on who the others are? Is the bottom right Haider?

For me anything between 2013 and 2014, but there's a lot of goodness in 2015 too. This was the high point of elegant minimalism and designers were they were at their most creative, proving it doesn't have to be boring.

View attachment 1315470
From top to bottom and left to right: 1. Balenciaga FW 2013 2. Céline Spring 2013 3. Proenza Schouler Fall 2013 (I know people hate them here, but this was their absolute best collection, it's good) 4. J.W. Anderson Spring 2014 5. Céline Fall 2013 6. Jacquemus Fall 2014 7. Dion Lee Spring 2014 8. Balenciaga Fall 2013 9. Haider Ackermann Spring 2013

Could you name some collections you are referring to? I'd love to see that.
OF course! I love discussing fashion collections :bounce:

S/S 2007: Lanvin, Balenciaga, Fendi, Max Mara,
F/W 2007: Miu Miu, Yves Saint Laurent, Alessandro Dell'Acqua
Both Seasons: Balmain, Dolce & Gabbana, Jil Sander

These collections to me, really push the boundaries in terms of futuristic fabrications and silhouettes :heart:

From top to bottom and left to right: 1. Balenciaga FW 2013 2. Céline Spring 2013 3. Proenza Schouler Fall 2013 (I know people hate them here, but this was their absolute best collection, it's good) 4. J.W. Anderson Spring 2014 5. Céline Fall 2013 6. Jacquemus Fall 2014 7. Dion Lee Spring 2014 8. Balenciaga Fall 2013 9. Haider Ackermann Spring 2013

Thanks! I used to not get the Proenza Schouler hype at all, but they've somewhat grown on me over time 😃

OF course! I love discussing fashion collections :bounce:

S/S 2007: Lanvin, Balenciaga, Fendi, Max Mara,
F/W 2007: Miu Miu, Yves Saint Laurent, Alessandro Dell'Acqua
Both Seasons: Balmain, Dolce & Gabbana, Jil Sander

These collections to me, really push the boundaries in terms of futuristic fabrications and silhouettes :heart:

Is it lame that I had a dream about those Balenciaga SS07 gold metal leggings recently? 😄

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TristanKim
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->