Which 2010s Models Will Remain Relevant?

bluestar

Reaction score
Hello fellow Fashion Spoters! :flower:

Something that I have been thinking about the last couple months is which girls who debuted in the 2010s will remain relevant in the 2020s and possibly beyond. We know that there are countless models from the 90's and 2000's who have stayed relevant in the fashion world for years, girls like Naomi Campbell, Gisele, Natasha Poly, Liya Kebede, etc. (I'm not saying these examples listed all have the same exact influence in the industry but they are all obviously very well-known and respected).

Now that we are in the 2020s, which girls who debuted in the 2010s do you think will remain relevant and book jobs? I think its interesting because when I think about the 2010s, I think of the high-turnover of models. Not that this didn't happen in previous decades but I think it was accelerated in the 2010s (just take a look at some fashion shows from 2011 vs. 2013...many established girls were swept aside for newbies).

Some girls that come to my mind when I think about this are Anna Ewers, Imaan Hammam, Rianne von Rompaey, Adut, Sora Choi, Vittoria Ceretti, and Binx Walton, but I'm curious to know what you think! Which models, in your eyes, have the star power and influence to remain in the industry during this new decade?

It's hard to say especially when you consider how boring this decade has been. In 2000s the standard in modelling was much higher. If we look at the models from that period, for example Natasha, Sasha, or even Snejana, each of them had something that made them stand out. Strong catwalk, unique face, amazing printwork. You won't see it today. Of course, there are few girls who are "good", but when compared to the ones mentioned before you really see a difference.

A lot depends on which way the business goes. If it continues to focus on the number of followers on the instagram we can safely assume that models like Gigi or Kendall will continue to collect campaigns and appear on the covers. Unfortunately, future generations will probably consider them supermodels even if there are other much more talented models around.

As for the names you mentioned, I think Rianne and Adut will remain relevant. Maybe Vittoria as well.

Not counting nepotism models:
Adut Akech
Ashley Graham
Sora Choi
Birgit Kos
Fran Summers
Jing Wen
Lina Zhang
Anok Yai
Rianne van Rompaey
Vittoria Ceretti
Fei Fei Sun
Ugbad Abdi
Adesuwa Aighewi
He Cong
Mica Arganaraz
Anna Ewers
Xiao Wen Ju
Taylor Hill
Hyun Ji Shun
Grace Hartzel
Mona Tougaard
Imaan Hammam
Kiki Willems
Binx Walton

A lot depends on which way the business goes. If it continues to focus on the number of followers on the instagram we can safely assume that models like Gigi or Kendall will continue to collect campaigns and appear on the covers. Unfortunately, future generations will probably consider them supermodels even if there are other much more talented models around.

As for the names you mentioned, I think Rianne and Adut will remain relevant. Maybe Vittoria as well.
I can't take K seriously after what she did a long ago. Gigi is the only realistic expectation here, but then again I wish the industry revamps itself. Social media shouldn't be the "be all, end all" solution, even the glamorization of celebrity last names as well.

I think gigi is also on the Kendall way out especially now she’ll have a baby, bella had already kind of over taken her she was only lucky that desperate Prada tapped her in a failed bid to up sales

Its honestly hard to tell who will remain around the next decade. You have obvious girls like Joan, Saskia, and Julia who all started around late 00's early 2010s. But from recent memory, I can only see Vittoria, Rianne, and Adut. These are the three who I see having constant support from editors ( Rianne=Alt, Vittoria=Farneti, and Adut=Edward) designers and casting directors. I would also add Kaia to this list as well.

The ones that can transition to more commercial work plus social media fame, thats the current direction of the industry unfortunately.

Only the ones that can appeal to the average Daily Mail reader, either because of their last name or their scandals.

Early 2010s:

Joan Smalls, Saskia De Brauw, Daphne Groeneveld, Julia Nobis, Fei Fei Sun

Mid 2010s:

Imaan Hammam, Rianne Van Rompaey

Late 2010s:

Grace Elizabeth, Mona Tougaard, Brigit Kos

I think it'll split more distinctly into two camps:

* commercial/social media models who book occasional shows to drum up press

* high fashion runway and editorial models who go largely nameless

WOMEN:
Adwoa Aboah
Anna Ewers
Bella Hadid
Binx Walton
Fernanda Ly
Gigi Hadid
Grace Elizabeth
Imaan Hammam
Joan Smalls
Kendall Jenner
Rianne Van Rompaey
Tami Williams
Vittoria Ceretti

MEN:
Adonis Bosso
Alton Mason
Jordan Barrett
Kit Butler
Nathan Westling

I'm sad to see that my favorite male models (Paolo Anchisi, Laurie Harding, etc) aren't
relevant anymore. Especially Paolo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->