Which 2010s Models Will Remain Relevant?

Discussion in 'The ETC's of the Modeling World' started by bluestar, May 23, 2020 at 3:27 PM.

1. bluestar

bluestar Well-Known Member

Hello fellow Fashion Spoters! :flower:

Something that I have been thinking about the last couple months is which girls who debuted in the 2010s will remain relevant in the 2020s and possibly beyond. We know that there are countless models from the 90's and 2000's who have stayed relevant in the fashion world for years, girls like Naomi Campbell, Gisele, Natasha Poly, Liya Kebede, etc. (I'm not saying these examples listed all have the same exact influence in the industry but they are all obviously very well-known and respected).

Now that we are in the 2020s, which girls who debuted in the 2010s do you think will remain relevant and book jobs? I think its interesting because when I think about the 2010s, I think of the high-turnover of models. Not that this didn't happen in previous decades but I think it was accelerated in the 2010s (just take a look at some fashion shows from 2011 vs. 2013...many established girls were swept aside for newbies).

Some girls that come to my mind when I think about this are Anna Ewers, Imaan Hammam, Rianne von Rompaey, Adut, Sora Choi, Vittoria Ceretti, and Binx Walton, but I'm curious to know what you think! Which models, in your eyes, have the star power and influence to remain in the industry during this new decade?

avonlea002 likes this.
  2. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

-Joan Smalls
    -Daphne Groenveld
    -Julia Nobis
    -Rianne Van R.
    -Cindy Bruna
    -Lexi Boling
    -Binx Walton
    -Vittoria Ceretti
    -Adut Akech
    -Fei Fei Sun
    -Imaan Hammam
    -Anna Ewers
    -Marte Mei
    -Saskia De B.

YohjiAddict and bluestar like this.
  3. avonlea002

avonlea002 Well-Known Member

It's hard to say especially when you consider how boring this decade has been. In 2000s the standard in modelling was much higher. If we look at the models from that period, for example Natasha, Sasha, or even Snejana, each of them had something that made them stand out. Strong catwalk, unique face, amazing printwork. You won't see it today. Of course, there are few girls who are "good", but when compared to the ones mentioned before you really see a difference.

A lot depends on which way the business goes. If it continues to focus on the number of followers on the instagram we can safely assume that models like Gigi or Kendall will continue to collect campaigns and appear on the covers. Unfortunately, future generations will probably consider them supermodels even if there are other much more talented models around.

As for the names you mentioned, I think Rianne and Adut will remain relevant. Maybe Vittoria as well.

Tinna, tipi1355 and bluestar like this.
  4. KateTheGreatest

KateTheGreatest Well-Known Member

Luna Bijl, Grace Elizabeth and Birgit Kos for sure.

bluestar and GERGIN like this.
  5. libra

libra Well-Known Member

Rianne Van Rompaey, Vittoria Ceretti, Imaan Hammam, Sora Choi, Anna Ewers, Binx Walton, Adut Akech, Anok Yai and Fran Summers

Magic Spells, rubydon and bluestar like this.
  6. littlekiki

littlekiki Well-Known Member

Not counting nepotism models:
    Adut Akech
    Ashley Graham
    Sora Choi
    Birgit Kos
    Fran Summers
    Jing Wen
    Lina Zhang
    Anok Yai
    Rianne van Rompaey