Whitney Port To Design Own Fashion Line: Eve & A

If she was not a fashion major or even a journalism major...how in the hell did she get the internship at Teen Vogue? I suppose just family connections...I'm guessing she is quite well off...

Although she is definitely the most likable on the show...I just don't get this...most of these lines are such sh*t.

Fashion has taken a turn for the worse.
American Vogue, LA Fashion Week, and now this.
Ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew.

who cares if these people make lines! hey if you have the money to do it, why not??

Why not? Because most of the time it looks like crap, it's designed like crap and it's just bad

It's what people look to ....celebrity lifestyle, celebrity fashion and now celebrity-owned labels (wouldn't really call them designed, as I don't think they do their own designs?!) The market is hungry for it...unfortunately

She couldn't think of a better name? I mean there is already Adam+Eve. It will be interesting to see. Lauren's line doesn't do much for me, but Whitney's may be more appealing. Some of her outfits are completely bizarre, but she is definitely not lacking in originality.

If she was not a fashion major or even a journalism major...how in the hell did she get the internship at Teen Vogue? I suppose just family connections...I'm guessing she is quite well off...

In this business.
it's all about who you know.

you can be the most fashion-challenged person.
not even know the history.
yet get ahead of people who dedicate their
lives to the art.

insanity.

Last edited by a moderator:

You don't have to major in fashion or journalism to intern at a magazine...plenty of english, art history or random liberal arts majors do. She also interned at Women's Wear Daily for three summers as well as W before going to Teen Vogue.

But yes, it's absolutely about who you know. That's the nature of the industry...

And that is what sucks.
I'm not too eager to see her doing a fashion line.

Same here. I'm still confused as to whether she's actually designing the line or if she's going to just be "ok-ing" what some hired team is doing. :ninja:

Same here. I'm still confused as to whether she's actually designing the line or if she's going to just be "ok-ing" what some hired team is doing. :ninja:

don't they all "okay"...

they might say they don't but honestly.
if i see them in every magazine wearing a drop-dead gorgeous gown
from last nights gala.

i know she's not putting in hardcore hours.

But yes, it's absolutely about who you know. That's the nature of the industry...

It's so depressing...but I do feel there will be a backlash against these celeb based lines. At least from the higher-ups in the fashion industry. Which is unfortunate for the celebs who do seem to take it seriously, there are a few...

why do these idiots put themselves through this crap? it's all dandy and cool that they've the connections and money to make this happen but do they honestly feel happy with their designs? if i was an aspirational designer, i'd be so ashamed if my designs were as awful as Lauren Conrad's.

I've found through being a teacher's assistant for a fashion design class that most young teenage girls interested in fashion design really are only designing clothes that they themselves would go out and buy at any store...no real sense of the art of design....they're all stylists, not designers.

I'm assuming this is the case with most of these trendy celebuteen fashion lines. They're all just "designing" clothes that they wear on a day to day basis and labeling it FASHION!!!...nothing more, nothing less.

I'm sure that this Whitney Port girl is a nice person, but I'd bet my life that she's no Nicholas Ghesquiere.

at least her collection will most likely be better than lauren's. but i am sick of these random "celebs" making their own lines

I've found through being a teacher's assistant for a fashion design class that most young teenage girls interested in fashion design really are only designing clothes that they themselves would go out and buy at any store...no real sense of the art of design....they're all stylists, not designers.

I'm assuming this is the case with most of these trendy celebuteen fashion lines. They're all just "designing" clothes that they wear on a day to day basis and labeling it FASHION!!!...nothing more, nothing less.

I'm sure that this Whitney Port girl is a nice person, but I'd bet my life that she's no Nicholas Ghesquiere.

Well I would hope those girls are designing practical clothing because otherwise they will be jobless once they graduate. More experimental garments may be prettier to look at but they will not be worn by large markets. Besides, not everyone is interesed in turning their clothing into art. Fashion is a business after all.

^^True...I mean, obviously, people have to make the clothes that people will wear day to day...

I don't know....I'm just tired of hundreds of boring, uninspired, run-of-the-mill clothing lines that get tons of publicity and I feel like I'm only really getting fashion from a handful of truly talented people...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->