Who are the models you miss/want to see back on the Fashion Week circuit?

I find it odd that there are top models who suddenly appear in one show during couture or rtw-week, and that's it. Like, if you see the trouble of traveling there and so on, why not try to book more shows? I get it if you're an exclusive, but that's not always the case. For example, lately Suvi has been walking only Versace during couture. She lives in LA and to me it seems like a lot of trouble and waste of money to come to Paris for just one show.

I find it odd that there are top models who suddenly appear in one show during couture or rtw-week, and that's it. Like, if you see the trouble of traveling there and so on, why not try to book more shows? I get it if you're an exclusive, but that's not always the case. For example, lately Suvi has been walking only Versace during couture. She lives in LA and to me it seems like a lot of trouble and waste of money to come to Paris for just one show.

They probably can't book more shows..it is extremely expensive to hire those sort of models for shows, Kasia said this week her rate these days is above her old rate of 15000 pounds as an example of how expensive these models are..so I would think each house can only afford to book a select few veteran models. Maybe not 'afford' but consider it to be worth the cost.

Iris Strubgger, Valerija Kelava, Marie Piovesan, Alana Zimmer, Soo Joo Park, Grace Mahary, Meghan Collison, Milou van Groesen, Kinga Rajzak, Ranya Mordanova, Eliza Cummings.

Five Models You Want To See Make Comeback FW 2017

Iris Strubegger - I miss her so much! Such a stunning, androgynous beauty and editorial powerhouse. I am praying she will make a huge comeback this FW and score campaigns with Chanel or Fendi, Valentino and Givenchy. I miss her so much! We need more models like Iris at the top, IMO.

Valerija Kelava - The indie darling should make a comeback in HF. I'd love to see her in a Prada or Versace campaign again. She has such a unique look and is wonderful at telling a story with her photographs. The way she is able to emote in all her pictures is just an astonishing, transcendent quality that so few new girls today possess.

Kati Nescher - I miss her so much! So sophisticated and elegant and womanly. I really want to see her make a huge return and get some nice campaigns like Giorgio Armani or Fendi.

Aymeline Valade - This woman is a brilliant model. I really want to see her at the top again. Now that she's brunette again I am hoping she'll make a huge comeback. I want to see her in ads for Bottega Veneta and Lanvin.

Kinga Rajzak - I miss her! One of the best models to emerge in the 2000s. I really miss seeing her everywhere. Such a haunting beauty. Would love to see her again in a Missoni ad.

I really hope that these five women will make a huge comeback this year. Who do you want to see return to the game full throttle?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm embarrassed to name them because they're such huge flops now. :ninja:

I agree about Kinga though, also i would love to see Irina L make a comeback.

I'm embarrassed to name them because they're such huge flops now. :ninja:

I agree about Kinga though, also i would love to see Irina L make a comeback.

Oh come on, I wanna know! You don't have to be embarrassed!

I'd love to see Kim Noorda back on the runway.

But agree about Kinga and the other models you mentioned too.

Let's pretend any of these are realistic. :rofl:

Kate Grigorieva at Versace.
Maryna Linchuk in literally any show.
Abbey Lee Kershaw in literally anything. Preferably Chanel.
Edita Vilkeviciute.
Elisa Sednaoui in Roberto Cavalli. Particularly in the look she wore in the perfume campaign.

But realistically the first four girls plus Julia Saner making a comeback at Valentino.

Oh come on, I wanna know! You don't have to be embarrassed!

Well other than the two i named, there's Gemma and Snejana (Everyone knows they're flops now but i keep waiting :ninja:)

I would also love to see Siri Tollerod make a comeback. I think she has an amazing look! I think her last runway appearance was in 2014.

I'll do some that I think are possible(-ish:(

Karmen Pedaru- She has built up an amazing resume over the years & deserves another chance to shine after her long MK stint. She walked the Givenchy Spring 2016 show & I thought she would get the campaign. That would be a great one for her.

Alla Kostromichova: I never thought she would come back & walk a huge show, but after walking Balmain last season, the industry should take note. I still don't know how she's been ignored for this long.

Vanessa Axente: She was supposed to be the next big HF star, but the only HF campaigns she's ever landed were Prada & Calvin Klein. She definitely doesn't have a bad career at all, but she could be so much more if she just walked more shows.

Kelly Mittendorf: She should be a semi-exclusive for Prada this season & then slay Paris. I could see it happening. Miucca likes to dig up old favorites from the HF grave.

Ashleigh Good: Does she even care anymore? I remember her being in a few of Raf's Dior shows. If she can walk CK in NY then she can be successful in the other cities. I don't think she will ever be a big campaign girl again, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not impossible, but I don't see Kelly coming back any time soon (though she was part of the 'Fashion of the times' editorial in Vogue Italia's September issue, but I think that was more to do with being an old Meisel favourite than anything else). I follow her on Tumblr and she works for Glossier now, she gets asked lots of questions about the modelling industry and she has said quite a few times she is retired. She may want to come back when she gets older, but I don't see it in the near future.

:blush:

Frida Gustavsson
Maryna Linchuk
Anais Pouliot
Yulia Kharlapanova
Marike Le Roux

It's not impossible, but I don't see Kelly coming back any time soon (though she was part of the 'Fashion of the times' editorial in Vogue Italia's September issue, but I think that was more to do with being an old Meisel favourite than anything else). I follow her on Tumblr and she works for Glossier now, she gets asked lots of questions about the modelling industry and she has said quite a few times she is retired. She may want to come back when she gets older, but I don't see it in the near future.

Well that's a bummer. Can't say I blame her though. She got very little work after her Prada campaign. Modeling might not have been paying the bills, which is crazy, seeing that she was born to model (obviously).

Erin O'Connor
Abbey Lee
Tanya Dziahileva
Olga Sherer
Ksenia Kahnovich

Arlenis Sosa
Abbey Lee
Rose Cordero
Tanya Dziahileva

None of these will every happen but:
Yasmeen Ghauri- at Versace or Chanel
Ai Tominaga
Meghan Collison
Lakshmi Menon
Anna Maria Jagodzinska

None of them will come back, but here goes:

Julia Saner
Kendra Spears
Katrin Thormann
Karolin Wolter
Siri Tollerod

Kendra will never come back, neither will Julia. Katrin's just had a baby. Karolin has two kids, but at least I could see her show up at a show or two. But then again, she never was a huge runway success. Siri...I don't even know what she's doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->