Who Has Seen This Bag

Originally posted by CelineChic@Jun 19th, 2004 - 2:07 am
Just because they have money doesnt mean they have to spend 1,000$ on an ugly multi-colour purse.

In the first episode of the "Simple Road trip" Paris is carrying a 45$ Guess bag.

Some of you are so f*cking iggnorant. Did you ever thinki that maybe she likes that style and isn't just carrying it around just because its a LV?

THe difference between her and the rest of you is that you buy LV bags to make people think you're rich/upper class/important....... She doesnt need to do that because everyone already knows she has money.
Take a break or give us a break from this rude attitude and language!

Originally posted by oanadobre+Jun 20th, 2004 - 4:38 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (oanadobre @ Jun 20th, 2004 - 4:38 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-CelineChic@Jun 19th, 2004 - 2:07 am
Just because they have money doesnt mean they have to spend 1,000$ on an ugly multi-colour purse.

In the first episode of the "Simple Road trip" Paris is carrying a 45$ Guess bag.

Some of you are so f*cking iggnorant. Did you ever thinki that maybe she likes that style and isn't just carrying it around just because its a LV?

THe difference between her and the rest of you is that you buy LV bags to make people think you're rich/upper class/important....... She doesnt need to do that because everyone already knows she has money.
Take a break or give us a break from this rude attitude and language![/b][/quote]
Am I the one that feels this topic is very relevant and interesting? :cry:

This is a fashion board and I come here to LEARN about fashion. There are no words to describe how thankful I am to TFS in regards to fashion knowledge. When I first joined, I couldn't hardly tell the difference between a real or fake Fendi, now I know the collections by heart.

That being said, people here talk about their designer bags, shoes, etc because that's what the forum is about. I understand if this forum's subject was another, people would be uconfortable about others "bragging" about their possesions (I know I would).

In all honesty, I expect TFS members to tell me as much as possible about their clothes. I could careless about people's social status since the only information that stays in my mind is the knowledge I have aquired through you. .... for all I know, this is the internet and when I log off, I am still me and my circle is still the same -same goes for everybody else. For all you know, many members here could well be "rich, upper class and important" because this is an annonymous forum.

Moreover, I don't think anybody doubted Nicky's wealth but her sense of fashion. You can be rich and tacky and you can be poor and classy... it's a matter of taste.

In my humble opinion, if somebody doesn't feel confortable somewhere, perhaps they're in the wrong place :flower:

(edited for grammar and spelling)

oh and to stay ON TOPIC...

is nicky's "birkin" real?
my monitor makes it look really plastic like...

Originally posted by Purr@Jun 20th, 2004 - 8:50 am
Moreover, I don't think anybody doubted Nicky's wealth but her sense of fashion. You can be rich and tacky and you can be poor and classy... it's a matter of taste.

In my humble opinion, if somebody doesn't feel confortable somewhere, perhaps they're in the wrong place :flower:

(edited for grammar and spelling)
I never said anyone doubted her wealth.

But your comment about her sense of fashion just proves my point on how ignorant you are.

If you guys are buying the LV purses because you all like the colors and style then why dont you like hers? Hers is the same colours and I know many of you like the papillion style that hers is. So she has the same fashion sense as all of you yet she's not a wannabe who wants people to think she's stylish or rich because she paid some stupid amount of money for a purse that every loser and their mother has.

I find it is usually the people who can barely afford their LV purses that get mad when they see a fake. I'd like to know why.

Is it because you feel threatened thatthis person maybe seen as stylish with a fake LV.....oh the horror!!! :rofl:

Is it because you spent weeks/months/years saving up your money to buy a LV purse and this person didn't and they may make people think that its real?

I'm just asCOMFORTABLE here as I would be in any other place on or off the internet. Why would you think otherwise? Everyone on TFS states their opinions constantly, why should I state mine?

CelineChic,
Nobody has anything against you, I am sure of that. However, what you don't seem to understand is that it is the tone that makes the music. I am sure that you can state you oppinion in a civilised manner, unlike the sometimes rude expressions and statements you have used so far... :flower:

Originally posted by oanadobre+Jun 20th, 2004 - 4:38 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (oanadobre @ Jun 20th, 2004 - 4:38 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CelineChic@Jun 19th, 2004 - 2:07 am

Take a break or give us a break from this rude attitude and language! [/b][/quote]
If you are talking about the pink bag Paris had while driving the car, as far as I remember it was a Samantha Thavasa Quilted type.

Originally posted by oanadobre@Jun 20th, 2004 - 2:48 pm
CelineChic,
Nobody has anything against you, I am sure of that. However, what you don't seem to understand is that it is the tone that makes the music. I am sure that you can state you oppinion in a civilised manner, unlike the sometimes rude expressions and statements you have used so far... :flower:
Well since my words are typed/written words then I'd assume that tone detected would depend on the person who is reading it.

Other than my use of the F word which I will apologize for if people got offended I was just simply stating my opinion on how ignorant some people are.

Sorry if my use of the F word offended anyone. I know that the F word is considered much more offensive for Americans. I kind of forgot that there were americans on this site. The word in MOntreal is not so taboo in the french language its become a common verb, adjective and adverb.

Originally posted by CelineChic@Jun 20th, 2004 - 2:41 pm

Is it because you feel threatened thatthis person maybe seen as stylish with a fake LV.....oh the horror!!! :rofl:

Is it because you spent weeks/months/years saving up your money to buy a LV purse and this person didn't and they may make people think that its real?

If Sex and the City didn't have that episode where Samantha buys a fake Fendi bag nobody would care or even notice if a bag was fake.

I seriosuly dont get the big deal of fake bags. I actually concider ppeople who buy fakes savvy and smart to not spend so much on a trend.

Owning a real LV does NOT make you more glamorous or classy. Trust me on that. I've seen quite a few strippers and upper class prostitutes with real LV bags and Real Fendi bags. I bet most people will agree with me that strippers and hookers arent living a glamorous or classy life.

If I were to really like a designer style purse I would also find a good fake one for a lesser price. I buy it for the way it looks, if it compliments my outfit or looks great with a pair of shoes that I own. I dont buy it to make people think I'm classy or glamorous.

Its not that I cant afford them either because I'm fairly well off as is my family and paying 2,000$ for a purse isn't going to put a hole in my wallet. I just choose not to spend that much If I can get the same thing for cheaper.

If I could finc my favourite style bag (Celine Boogie bags) in a good fake then I would buy it.

You guys make fun of label whores yet you refuse to buy a fake that looks almost exactly like the 1,000$ version :rolleyes:

Originally posted by kora78+Jun 20th, 2004 - 3:14 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kora78 @ Jun 20th, 2004 - 3:14 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by oanadobre@Jun 20th, 2004 - 4:38 am
<!--QuoteBegin-CelineChic
@Jun 19th, 2004 - 2:07 am

If you are talking about the pink bag Paris had while driving the car, as far as I remember it was a Samantha Thavasa Quilted type. [/b][/quote]
Nope I'm talking about the BLUE Guess bag that she ahd when she was at the Farmers house.

It was either the first or second episode.

Originally posted by CelineChic+Jun 20th, 2004 - 5:47 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CelineChic @ Jun 20th, 2004 - 5:47 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by kora78@Jun 20th, 2004 - 3:14 pm
Originally posted by oanadobre@Jun 20th, 2004 - 4:38 am
<!--QuoteBegin-CelineChic
@Jun 19th, 2004 - 2:07 am

If you are talking about the pink bag Paris had while driving the car, as far as I remember it was a Samantha Thavasa Quilted type.
Nope I'm talking about the BLUE Guess bag that she ahd when she was at the Farmers house.

It was either the first or second episode. [/b][/quote]
oh I don't remember seeing that one

It was the same episode where she fell off the horse.

It was when they first arrived in J. Ho's house (I believe that was his name) :unsure:

Originally posted by banana@Jun 20th, 2004 - 6:18 pm
Even fakes are expensive considering what you're getting.
I once paid 100$ for a fake. :blush:

I really wanted it because It matched my dress and shoes perfectly. It was for a baptism and I didn't want the same old black purse that everyone else had.

It looked pretty chic with the rest of my ensemble.

Too bad I only used the purse once. Good thing I didn't spend the 2,565$ on the real thing. :flower:

You know... Ive payed $140 for a bag whitch had a gucci design :blush: I really love it and im happy to know that it has such a design. But though it looks like gucci, there is no sign on it like "Gucci". Its just cool like it is!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->