why do you like/hate Karl Lagerfeld?

adams7 said:
Good interview on TV right now: Karl L on Charlie Rose program on some east coast USA PBS channels right now. Repeating on stations in western areas later probably.

Arrgh I missed the first half.. does anyone know what the first half was about? What he talked about.. I don't really like some of Karl's designs and sometimes I absolutely loath his comments.. but he fascinates me like no other designer I think.

IMGch2231.jpg

photo credit: personal photobucket

karl and brad sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g.. :wub:

DriversHigh said:
Because he encourages eating disorders. But he's an amazing designer.
In what sense an overweight person who decides to loose the unhealthy extra mass under the supervision of a Doctor encourages eating disorder?

We agree on the designer part.

I admire Karl for losing all the weight and I think he is an amazing artist and designer, and NEVER boring!!! :wink:

I love Karl because of his lastest collect. But Im not really into the Chanel clothes. Also he has a great creative talent for designing.

Personality wise, I think what he says is funny. You can't take it too serious.

DriversHigh said:
Because he has been quoted as having said that the only thing he aspires to in life is to fit into a size 28 pant?

And before you ask:

http://newyorkmetro.com/fashion/06/spring/15746/index3.html
Well, if people really believe the only think he aspires to is to fit in a size 28 pants I'm afraid those folks are in trouble in life because there's obviously more to him than that. Anyone in their right mind would take this quote as what it is: Karl being (or trying to be) witty nothing else (--that is if he even said such thing).
And Frankly I still don't agree really. If people follow him blindlessly, then they probably bought his book and it's co-authored by a Nutritionist so it's probably not "dangerous". Should we consider Slimane an eating-disorder champ too? How about the whole fashion industry?
I understand what you say, and I see how someone who indeed lost so much weight to fit in clothes and brag about it non-stop can be used as a backdrop excuse for the eating-disorder crowd, but I doubt it's really fair to Karl. I have a feeling he's probably in a healthy state (as opposed to his probably very unhealthy overweight state), I mean he doesn't appear to be *that* skinny.

PS: love your avatar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha his book recommends all sorts of things that the average person wanting to loose weight can't afford. The whole 'Karl hates fat people' thing came from H&M I think , he got angry that his designs were made for size 14 and up.

His ego certainly didn't diminish with his weight.

But I do love most of his clothes.

i love his dress shirts and crazy ties.

WHERE DOES HE GET THOSE SHIRTSSSS!???

i WANT them.

cheers,
Ross

I like the clothes he designs for Chanel and Fendi......lagerfeld gallery.....ummm.....not so much. He's good designer but when he gives interviews sometimes I don't know what he's talking about.

:blink: :huh:

I admire him for not trying to recreate the "chanel" look...it's a classic and it should stay that way, even if it means seeing the same tweed jacket on the runway every season. cheers to karl and his ever shrinking wasteline.

Is Karl Lagerfeld overated?

Karl Lagerfeld is so overrated - I honestly don't believe he is such a good designer. Chanel can be beautiful at times and it can be horrendous at others but lately - Karl has made it into something very repulsive and not chic at all.
example: who in their right mind would wear this? its like something a gothic prostitute would wear - high leather boots and material hanging out the back randomly. a little harsh but true
00060m.jpg

style.com

anyone else post pictures of outfits from Karl Lagerfelds collections that are completely ugly (no Fendi though).

I don't like Karl either. ESPECIALLY since he's dumbed into thinking that Lindsay Lohan, just because she sucks up to him and wears his clothes, is cool.

kuba01 said:
Karl Lagerfeld is so overrated - I honestly don't believe he is such a good designer. Chanel can be beautiful at times and it can be horrendous at others but lately - Karl has made it into something very repulsive and not chic at all.
example: who in their right mind would wear this? its like something a gothic prostitute would wear - high leather boots and material hanging out the back randomly. a little harsh but true
style.com

anyone else post pictures of outfits from Karl Lagerfelds collections that are completely ugly (no Fendi though).

I dont know about that.. I mean you dont have to wear the clothes exactly as what is shown on the runway. I love Karl, except that he makes almost the same design every season.^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
I love him, he can be a little iffy at times but mostly for me he's astonishing.

kuba01 said:
Karl Lagerfeld is so overrated

I'm pretty sure that's the consensus when anyone looks at an entire Chanel collection of late. :blush:

fourboltmain said:
Isn't there a 'Why do you love/hate Karl' thread already?

this is isn't a 'why you love karl thread' lol. its purely attacking his credibility as a designer. haha evil

more hideous Chanel>>> Coco would turn in her grave if she saw these blasphemous designs!
00100m.jpg

this is supposedly COUTURE! hahaha tie-die jean high boots couture! thats funny.

source: style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->