why do you like/hate Karl Lagerfeld?

I thought I saw him at Whole Foods last night. My hubby and I were pulling out of the parking lot and a black cadillac pulled in and the guy looked just like KL.

*Happiness* said:
I thought I saw him at Whole Foods last night. My hubby and I were pulling out of the parking lot and a black cadillac pulled in and the guy looked just like KL.
I swear I saw him the other day too! There was a red BMW convertible and a man that looked just like KL (complete with Dior Homme sunglasses) was driving. I dont think it was him, driving is far too common for Mein Herr.

I really love Lagerfeld. His talent makes up for his personality. I really want him to prove why everyone loves Lagerfeld, people are forgetting, because it was since the mid-90s that Lagerfeld was really IT.

I like Karl because he's the embodiment of everything that is brilliant and mad and infuriating and funny about fashion. If he didn't exist, someone would have dreamt him up.

My aunt interviewed him once. She says that he's one of the most intelligent men she's ever met.

I still think he's a pretentious upperclass twit.

droogist said:
I like Karl because he's the embodiment of everything that is brilliant and mad and infuriating and funny about fashion. If he didn't exist, someone would have dreamt him up.

well said:wink:

He is a very erudite man, and has displayed great talent at couture.

However, lately he seems a bit obsessive-compulsive.

clothing looks good on skinny, lanky people. Most taller people of that build are quite leg-ie.
And although most of the world is not built in this manner, well, high fashion is never going to have a model with (real) thighs hainging out of her hot pants.

Most of the clothing makes normal skinny people look fat (need i mention white pants?)so when a model wears designer clothes, she just looks good, because she hasn't got an ounce of fat on her body to expand upon.

SO you can't really blame him for using those kinds of models...
perhaps he feels he can lose more weight by telling himself he's fat all the time? but who knowwws. On a design level i have mixed feelings about the man... its just that chanel ranbow stripe dress, i cant forgive its hideousness just yet
00420m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
droogist said:

yep. true dat.

I love him for the Unisex scent made for H&M and I hate him for his collection for H&M - it mades his clothes cheap and the collection was quite boring.

I hate him cause he never surprsie me.

I love him for his collection for Lagerfeld Gallery FALL 2002.
it still inspiers me.
100069291.jpg

I really like his outlook and attitude. He's brilliant.
And I've always had a thing for guys that never change.

Uniform wise, of course... I enjoy his size now.

I like him because he's in that genius/loony border.

His design may be smashingly impressive but they don't dissappoint either, he's consistent, I like that.

i like his designs for chanel.

i hate how he dresses. just seems to me theres a point where its just too much.

travis_nw8 said:
well, make up your own mind
before

after

( he lost 92 pounds in 13 months)

Oh! yes, but he still looks so baad!!!
I dont Hate him, but I dont Like Him
because he could more for Chanel
I think Coco would be more innovative, and inventive
I am so tired to see Chanel by Karl!!!:angry:

I wonder if people in the spotlight for their work see themselves as entertainers. Because he's certainly entertaining.

I :heart: Karl! There is something innately appealing in the way he is; that shameless glamour and decadence, the slight bitchiness, and its like someone else said- he is like the designer someone could dream up. He's a bit like a character of what you'd want a designer to be.

I love Karl! hes managed to keep chanel classic but yet the collections have always had something new.I especially like the fact that he hasnt ditched the tweed because that is a huge part of the chanel legacy,there is only one woman in the whole world who was chosen by coco who knows how to make that specific chanel tweed,truly facinating. I love Karl for being an icon and for his personal style and his way to hide his fingers under all that metal.I love him for doing the H&M collection and truly support him on that,it was a wake up call for the industry that he gave his desingns to share with all kinds of people.I can see other designers along with stella following. As far as the rainbow dress and the slim t-shirts i just have to say that all designers make a couple mistakes every now and then,and its ok. I also believe that living in the fashion world can make u a bit odd,i can only imagine...

Like his work, he's kept a great old house alive. And at time, he can be wickedly witty.
But he is somewhat hypocritical -- during his "slim" furor, I'd seen several articles that indicated that Chanel does make clothes above a size 12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->