why do you like/ hate marc jacobs?

Marc's collections from the early 2000's were very cute and fun, but there was nothing original; all he ever did was hit the Salvation Army and knock off the clothes. Lately, though, his collections have been HIDEOUS! It's like he's knocking off himself, (like that grunge collection from the 90's that got him fired from Perry Ellis). I'm thinking that he just might be playing a big joke on the fashion industry, making the ugliest clothes possible to see if people (ie Anna Wintour) continue to say how genius he is. Winona Ryder can have him!

The only thing I really like about MJ is his shoes. Every season I always find a few pairs that I fall in love with and obsess over until the next season shoes come out. His pumps are to die for but the clothes are quite plain. I'm all for his shoes.

I like marc jacobs. But i've only seemed interested in his collections over the past 1 or 2 years.
The collection this year i was wooed by was the sparkly one with oversized jewels and a bold fit up the top of the body rather then the most common trends this year. with other designer trends this year it's been bold curve fits that start at the waist or lower.
So change is good because i think the whole bold curves and tiny waist thing is awfully old!

i read somewhere that he doesnt pay his models because its considered "an honor" to walk in his shows.

^^ that sound really odd... i'd be greatly surpriset if it's true

i like him because he is a good designer
i hate him because he thinks he is hoit and his new "i-am-25" look isnt

I LOVE Marc Jacobs style and irreverance. I love that he isn't afraid to take risks and push boundaries and make somewhat wearable clothing.

I HATE Marc Jacobs because his designs don't translate to reality well. Without exception, EVERY SINGLE PIECE that I have purchased, both Collection and MJ, have fallen apart, or I have returned it because of poor product quality. I was especially disappointed with his handbag because it looked amazing and deceptively sturdy, but the chunky hardware fell apart and came off the bag, and the leather became quickly discolored, even with very careful use.

I feel that his RTW pieces are disposable and fall apart and are not sound investments. And IMO, they are investments, because his price points are high and sold with luxury goods.

Im a big fan of his clothes, especially the dresses & jackets & some shoes. However, his handbag line is rubbish, okay, except the Ursula bag.

His clothing is always a mix of hit & miss in 1 collection, but no one likes everything hey. :-)

I love many of his collections and his overall point of view about designing clothes. It looks tough yet easily wearable. I love how he's sometimes able to make what some other designers failed. Though, it's just my point maybe a feeling. Last, I loved his previous look, all in dark marine blue and white shoes.

So, I hate his new look. The charm is broken :(

I love many of his collections and his overall point of view about designing clothes. It looks tough yet easily wearable. I love how he's sometimes able to make what some other designers failed. Though, it's just my point maybe a feeling. Last, I loved his previous look, all in dark marine blue and white shoes.

So, I hate his new look. The charm is broken :(

I agree with u. he seemed more down-to-earth & real back then. Right now, he just seems like a lil diva. :-(

Give me geeky marc jacobs back anyday!

I really like Marc, he always has so cool ideas! :smile:

i like it, because its the only menswear-label that i feel comfortable wearing
:smile: true!

and it fits me perfectly!

I hate him because the fashion world thinks he's the biggest thing to happen to fashion, a sort of saviour who has come to save us and this is evident in the reveiws he gets every season even ig the collection is not that good.

Amen!

I just liked his Spring Collection beyond words...but the fall one was just horrendous..however his marc by marc fall line was great...

he is a hit or miss..I feel like his personal life and trials always effects his designing outcome..

His shows lack consistency. Some I enjoy (but never on the same level as say, JPG or Yamamoto) and others are just disgusting. And he votes republican.

I just liked his Spring Collection beyond words...but the fall one was just horrendous..however his marc by marc fall line was great...

I think spring was probably better ... but I think this is probably mostly a matter of your taste. I liked both. Actually I found Fall more personally inspiring. Lately he pulls something new out of the hat (or whatever you wanna call it :wink:) every season ... the furthest possible approach from the Rochas slow evolution. Hell, Olivier has more consistency from Rochas to Ricci than Marc has from season to season :lol: That's intentional, though ... that's his thing, and his major skill, to be all over the next big thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenn888
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->