Working or Volunteering for Fashion Week Shows

Does anyone have any info on Canadian fashion weeks?

I am in Ottawa, but Toronto Fashion Week or Montreal Fashion Week are also suitable options as Ottawa's Fashion Week is fairly small.

Might be a stupid question: but do they give you any "thank you" presents for volunteering? Gift bags, anything... idk?

Might be a stupid question: but do they give you any "thank you" presents for volunteering? Gift bags, anything... idk?

no if they have left over gift bags sometime they will give them to volunteers
but most of the time they just say thank you and leave

Well, in Berlin you can keep your working outfit (shoes,jeans,shirt). When you are volunteering as a seater you can keep the gift bags they have left over. As a dresser, some designers give you presents for helping ( I've got a t-shirt from one designer and a bag from another designer).

^lucky you
NY is nothing like that unless
you are asked to fill a seat where there is
a gift bag...and we wear our own outfits to work backstage (all black)

When I volunteered (not in a major fashion city though) I did front of house, and got to take an extra gift bag, watch the show from the 2nd row (was lucky enough to be seat filler, but you could prob see the show from wherever you were positioned anyway).

We didn't get a uniform. But I know some other fashion weeks provide them.

I have done both, I have volunteered when I was doing an internship with a PR Company and at the fashion show we had to wear all black and we got gift bags but they were third row gift bags.

IMMEDIATE INTERNS TO HELP FOR FASHION SHOW!!
We are currently looking for a handful of interns to assist The Berit Group with one of our designer's fashion shows for SS11 for Friday 9/10 and Saturday 9/11.

if interested please send information ASAP! Thank you!

Send Resumes to: [email protected]

The Berit Group
54 West 22nd Street
NY,, NY 10010
p: (212)249-2664, f: (646)593-1988
http://theberitgroup.com

Lindsey Weicht
[email protected]
just came across this if any of you newyorkers are interested.

I'm going to copy this and post it in the Internship/ Unpaid opportunites thread. It's tomorrow .... so move on it quickly, if you havn't already done so.

so, yay for me, I volunteered in a big fashion show in Paris, I saw Carine and Emanuelle and everything. It was amazing - I feel so lucky about this possibility!

This thread is awesome, thank you everyone for contrubuting. So helpful ^_^

I'll be volunteering for the first time next month at Switzerland's first real fashion week. I'm really excited, even if it's not anything major. However, there will be some pretty amazing designers there - Mary Katrantzou, Jason Wu, Alexander Wang and, as it was announced today, my all time favorie designer brand Missoni will show their collection, too.

I know we will get staff t-shirts and sneakers, but I have no idea what else to expect. I do hope I'll catch a glimpse of the designers themeselves and hope there will be some well known models there, too. And hopefully I'll get to do all the press junkets / goodies stuff since I'm a PR student. But I wouldn't mind being a dresser either (though I'm so clumsy I'd probably ruin quite a few dresses) because that sounds like fun, too.

Anne Bowen Bridal Week Volunteers

ANNE BOWEN IS LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS FOR HER UPCOMING BRIDAL RUNWAY SHOW. THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR ANYONE WANTING TO GET HANDS ON EXPERIENCE IN THE FASHION INDUSTRY. ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION SIGNED BY THE DESIGNER AS A THANK YOU.

PLEASE SEND IN RESUMES AND COVER LETTERS TO [email protected]

New York, NY
Posted: October 05, 2010

Anne Bowen
25 West 39th Street
New York, NY 10018
p: (212)582-2600, f: (212)419-0282
http://www.annebowen.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Bridal Runway Show Volunteer

SARANTINA by Sarah Jassir, a high-end bridal design house, is seeking motivated and hard working volunteers for our upcoming bridal runway show.

The show is going to be on Oct. 16 10 a.m.

Duties include

*Dressing up models

*Greeting and guiding the guests.

*Setting up for the show.

If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to

[email protected]

New York, NY
Posted: October 06, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mean to sound greedy, but does anyone know what's usually in the gift bags at fashion shows? I was promised I would get one since I'll actually be one of the people that packs them for the fashion shows I'll be volunteering at. Is it just perfume samples and pens and all that useless stuff or can I expect to get something really cool? ^_^

It really depends on the show. :smile:
I know that i got a full size bottle of perfume at cerruti, and i also got a tank top from american apparel just waiting outside an other show.
And for example i heard that at chanel they got perfume too.
Not many places do it, and i guess what they put varies with the budget they have (if its a big name or smaller etc) ^_^'

^Cool. Thanks a lot for your answer.
I assume we'll get perfume too then since a perfumery is one of the main sponsors of the event. And I'm guessing their budget will be high since us Swiss people like to show off how rich we are with that kind of event :rolleyes:

I'd be SO interested in volunteering for fashion week, but i guess it wont happen soon since i dont have any fashion related job experiences (or general work whatsoever), i dont attend a fashion school (i'm still in high school), and i dont have connections (i know few people who works in this business but they are no help) so no luck for now, am i right? :/

try, and i see you live in milan! what i did is i contacted all the press of all the fashion houses that did shows in PFW and i got luck with one pretty big name! and that was one of the most interesting days in my life!
check the fashion weeks website, there you should find all the emails and contact them. from my experience i can say that 1 from 50 replies. but thats not necessary YES. but its worth trying!
just i think its important not to contact them too earlier (i did that 1 month in advise, i think nobody was yet thinking about anything so unimportant as volunteers). maybe 2 weeks would be better, idk. though thats just my theory.

good luck!

ok thanks!!

yea theres no harm in trying, i think ill start sending a bunch of emails after the holidays since in february begins fashion week
(on a negative note i know for a fact my city is kinda sucky with job opportunities/experiences, even unpaid ones, and such but maybe its "easier" in the fashion field)

^ I agree with that as well. It doesn't hurt to try. When I worked with FWs there were a couple high school girls who just emailed the coordinator and he got them jobs as dressers.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->