Your country's most expensive magazine

Here in Austria magazines are a little more expensive than..let's say Germany!
But when I compare our prizes here to the ones mentioned in this thread :blink: wow, I guess I should be happy!

Vogue Germany -6€
Vogue Paris/ Italy/ US are most of the time the same prize (depends on how thick they are) - always about 9€ to 12€

The most expensive magazine (forgot the name...:doh: but it's like a pretty thick "book" with pics of all the fw and ss collections of the year in it) costs about 40€

No, the most expensive here in Brazil is Self Service, R$129,90 = U$52,00 ... ^_^ and Pipoca, do you live in Rio ? Because here Numéro costs the same as Vogue Paris ! :huh:

I never even saw a Self Service here, which is good because I would probably had an heart attack. :huh:

No, I live in São Paulo, and at least where I'm used to see foreign magazines the price is indeed R$80 = $33...

I never even saw a Self Service here, which is good because I would probably had an heart attack. :huh:

No, I live in São Paulo, and at least where I'm used to see foreign magazines the price is indeed R$80 = $33...

Really ? :shock: Well if you ever come to Rio go to Letras & Expressões, IMO is the best. The last time I went to SP I bought some mags in Livraria da Vila (in Cidade Jardim), it's great too. ^_^

Ive come across a magazine
and it has kids doing editorials
I thought it was the cutest thing
because u would never think of a child
doing this stuff..it was perverted or n e thing
but it was $27 i was like NO WAY

Really ? :shock: Well if you ever come to Rio go to Letras & Expressões, IMO is the best. The last time I went to SP I bought some mags in Livraria da Vila (in Cidade Jardim), it's great too. ^_^

Thanks for the tip. :flower:
I buy magazines at Livraria Cultura and FNAC in Av. Paulista, but I'm going to visit the Livraria da Vila, maybe they're not so expensive there. ^_^

Where are all the magazines printed? I mean, is Vogue Italia printed in Italy? And is that why its so cheap there?

Self-Service is ridiculously expensive ($55) for what it offers. Essentially, its a magazine thats bound properly (in book bounding) - but really, is this justification for its price? Take away the presentation and its just another fashion magazine, right?

Muse is the most expensive magazine ive seen so far
others like VI is $16
French Vogue is $16 also i think
UK Vogue is $13
Vogue Nippon is $20 and is usually a couple months back
I-D is $11
POP is $17
Another Magazine is $20
most of em r in my price range
so I never have an issue

I need to move to washignton DC then! All the Foreign Vogues (except for Vogue Uk) are like 20+ dollars.

I bought the all black issue of Italian Vogue in Canada for $40.
That was the most I have, and ever will buy a magazine.
I-D, Numero, were all around 15 dollars.
V Man was 10 and 10 man was 15.

Witch-magazine in antwerp is for 35or even 40euros ...

WOW! and I´m shock everytime I see V or W mags at $35 (around 100 pesos). Other mags like Vogue or Vanity Fair are $15 (around 50 pesos)
Fortunately there´s TFS and I don´t have to spend so much money on magazines! :lol:

That is insane! I bought the Black issue in Macedonia for 5dolars...Usually they arive month later bit still i got it for low price:smile:

I bought the all black issue of Italian Vogue in Canada for $40.
That was the most I have, and ever will buy a magazine.
I-D, Numero, were all around 15 dollars.
V Man was 10 and 10 man was 15.

is L'officel considered?
well in singapore kinokuniya, L'officel( paris version i think) is $129.
quite a thin magazine.
it's a non-browsing mag.

The most expensive one of the ones I buy is V magazine - costs 25 dollars (I think POP has the same price). Vogue Paris is the cheapest - only $8. The rest of the Vogues go for around $17-18. I've seen mags that cost even $40, that's just ridiculous.

In Poland Vogue Italia costs 8.5€, Vogue UK 9.5€, Elle UK 6.2€ and the most expensive of all Vogues is Russian edition, which costs 13.5€ (in Russia I bought it for 3.3€:blink:) the most expensive Polish mag is Fashion Magazine - it costs 4.5€. It may look cheap, but comparing it to InStyle (0.9€) or Elle (1.8€) it's quite a lot

I recently vogue L'uomo vogue for 230$ pesos thats about 23 dollars haha

For Germany the most expensive (local) publication would be Vogue (€6,- monthly) or Qvest (€6,50 bimonthly). Furthermore there are bi-annual or quaterly publications like ZOO, Sleek or Squint, which are quite costly (€5 to 15,-) - but really worth it.

Imports range from €9,- (elle uk/teen vogue) up to €12,- (vogue paris/italia or dazed); most expensive being bi-annuals like another or pop with €15,-.

Strangely in my home town the italian mags Flair and Velvet are the same price as Vogue German. I would always choose velvet over vogue ;-).

For Belgium the most expensive magazine is Self Service, around €20.
We don't have local (important fashion) publications, but Vogue France is €5.5 and Vogue Italia is €10.5!
V Magazine is around €10.5 and W Magazine is around €6.5!
I also buy Paradis Magazine, €10.5!

In Argentina Vogue Italia arrives 3 months late and costs $40, about 10 dollars where I buy them, and sometimes I find old issues for a couple of dollars.
Vogue France costs $100, something like 25 dollars. Vogue Spain is pretty cheap, but I'm not interested in it, I've never seen a Numero, a Dazed and Confused or a V.

In France, where I'm from, the most expensive of all has to be Vogue Nippon: between 15€ and 25€ for each issue.

Then all the others are quite cheap:

Citizen K 1€
Upstreet 1€
GQ 3,40€
Vogue Paris 4,90€
Tendencias 5€
Numéro 6€
Vogue Hommes International 6€
L’Officiel Hommes 6€
Vogue US 6€
Vogue Germany 6,50€
Vogue Spain 7€
Vogue Italia 7€
Harper’s Bazaar US 7,50€
Vogue UK 8€
Dazed&Confused, Pop, Another magazine, i-D and V magazine are between 8 and 10€ each
W and Vogue Korea is, if I remember well because I haven’t seen a lot of these, are between 10 and 12€

Where I live and in most part of the cities I’ve been to, we don’t have (or perhaps in some shops in Paris – and I did go to a lot lol) Vogue China, Taiwan, Mexico, Latinoamérica, Brazil, Portugal, Greece, Russia, Turkey or Australia.

Now I live in Spain and there isn't that much of a difference: Vogue Nippon is between 19 and 25€ too. But yeah Vogue Paris is 7 something.

Vogue Nippon's the most expensive here too, retailing at £16.50. Vogue Paris Collections is £24.95. Although that's twice a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->