Your investment pieces

I hope an investment piece will be the Christian Louboutin decollete heels

33459_in_dl.jpg

i try to collect really great vintage pieces (clothing & jewelry) by my favorite designers. i buy at consignment stores, ebay etc. and choose items based on the aesthetic appeal to me (i think buying clothes/jewelry at full retail is unlikely to be a good investment).

this is the first fashion piece i bought for my collection. it is an autumn/winter 1985 issey miyake coat from a cosignment store in boston. i think items like this (by important/creative designers and showing good design) purchased at reasonable prices (this was about $200) are excellent investments.

miyake.jpg

fashion.fashoff, I admire your sensibility and the pure intention of seeing a beautiful piece of clothing as part of your art collection. that is one special coat!

and what are investment pieces economical speaking? -> what are things that go up in value?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mermaidsandcats, pieces whose value increase over time are hard to find in the fashion world. Generally, they are accessories or limited edition pieces, or once-coveted pieces that are no longer available.

Some pieces that have increased in value are the Hermes Birkin, Jil Sander clothing from the Jil Sander era, and Cloak pieces from Alexander Plokhov's time at the helm. I think past season Carol Christian Poell (CCP) pieces have been selling at more than retail price as well.

I invest my money in designer handbags and jewelery! When it comes to shoes and clothes i buy cheap and semi-expensive things, because with these tings I'm more a quantity over quality kinda gal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->