*Hartmann Nordenholz
*Comme des Garcons
*Antoni + Alison
*Sacai
*Miguel Androver
*Junya Watanabe
*Lutz
*Carven

It wasn't really a tough choice this season, meaning that there weren't many collections competing on being on my top 10 list. And I almost had trouble finding 10 collections that I really, really liked :ninja:

On a more positive note, New York was great this season. I thought there were a lot of great ready-to-wear pieces.

^ s*t I forgot about Antoni & Alison's adorable collection! :heart: .. belated honorable mention.

Erdem
Yves Saint Laurent
Chloé
Elie Saab
Jil Sander
Valentino

Fall / Winter 2012 was a strange season to me. Few looks really blew me away. Some I liked but looking at them again now makes me think they are nothing special. All in all it wasn't really my season, especially since some of my usual favorites like Miuccia Prada, Sarah Burton and Marc Jacobs created looks that really made me scratch my head.

All in all I find myself liking the more feminine and elegant collections. I'm kind of tired of all the oversizing going on, boxy suits and huge clashes of prints are just not my thing.

Here are my top 12, however.

New York:

Vera Wang:
Extremely delicate and feminine looking, this show was quite unlike most others this season. I love the fabrics and the soft colors, the lovely detailling, the transparency. Just beautiful.

Theyskens Theory:
The cool, chic girl. Unlike many collections this season, it didn't look forced at all. Beautiful individual pieces, effortlessly styled. I loved how he made metallics and transparency look cool.

Rag and Bone:
I wasn't exactly blown away by it when I first saw it. But the chunky knitwear they showed was one of the best things I've seen this season, looking back. Easy casual cool.

Pictures by vogue.de

Attachments

• verawang3.jpg
    verawang3.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 0
  • theyskens3.jpg
    theyskens3.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 0
  • ragandbone1.jpg
    ragandbone1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1
- Theyskens' Theory
- Proenza Schouler
- Vera Wang
- Calvin Klein
- Pringle of Scotland
- McQ
- Jil Sander
- A.F. Vandevorst
- Haider Ackermann
- Yves Saint Laurent
- Nicholas Andreas Taralis
- Yohji Yamamoto
and regular favorites such as Prada, Givenchy, Balenciaga, Celine are out this season :ninja:

Continuing with London:

Jonathan Saunders:
London Fashion week is currently my favorite, since it's full of interesting shapes, colors and prints. One designer that makes me love London so much is definitely Jonathan Saunders. I loved the great textures and colors he showed and this was one of only two designer who's take on menswear I could actually appreciate. Everything looks luxe and interesting about his looks.

Mary Katranzou:
She is developing and trying new things and yet she stays true to who she is. I still love her prints in combination with her unique silhouettes and I hope I'm going to see much of this on some celebrities.

Pringle of Scotland:
Relaxed knitwear very well done.

Pics by vogue.de

Attachments

• jonathansaunders3.jpg
    jonathansaunders3.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 0
  • marykantranzou3.jpg
    marykantranzou3.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 0
  • pringle3.jpg
    pringle3.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:
Milano:

Dolce and Gabbana:
Yep, Dolce and Gabbana... I know everybody is shouting that they always do same old same old... But I still like it. The Sicilian woman they portray remains one of the most sexy, feminine style icon in my eyes.

Bottega Veneta:
Bottega Veneta goes dark and I love it. So elegant and the fabrics look so luxe. Nice feminine silhouettes as well. A totally flattering collection.

Max Mara:
The other example (besides Jonathan Saunders) for a nice take on menswear. I always have a soft spot on stripes, especially in fall / winter when they aren't everywhere...

Pics by vogue.de

Attachments

• maxmara2.jpg
    maxmara2.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 0
  • bottega2.jpg
    bottega2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 0
  • dolce3.jpg
    dolce3.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 0
Paris:

It's impressive how much of a mess Paris was. I was so much looking forward to it after not so exciting shows in NY and Milano. Well.... they certainly had some memorable looks. :unsure:

Stella McCartney:
I liked that blue she used and I loved that the silhouettes were a bit less boxy. Some amazing outerwear. One of the collections that was talking to the shopper in me.

Carven:
Currently some of the cutest pieces out there are from Carven. Some of the nicest colors this season. Love.

Akris:
Those vertical stripes are maybe my favorite look of Fall/Winter 12.

Pictures by vogue.de

Attachments

• stella1.jpg
    stella1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1
  • carven2.jpg
    carven2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 0
  • akris1.jpg
    akris1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 0
1- Elie Saab - Paris
ElieSaab.jpg

2- Prabal Gurung - New York
PrabalGurung.jpg

3- Jil Sander - Milan
JilSander.jpg

4- Antonio Berardi - London
AntonioBerardi.jpg

5- Balmain - Paris
Balmain.jpg

6- Bottega Veneta - Milan
BottegaVeneta.jpg

7- Alberta Ferretti - Milan
AlbertaFerretti.jpg

8- Haider Ackermann - Paris
HaiderAckermann.jpg

stylebistro

Updated list!

1. Jean-Paul Gaultier
2. Vera Wang
3. YSL
4. John Galliano
5. Balmain
6. Vivienne Westwood Red Label
7. McQ
8. Victoria Beckham
9. Thierry Mugler
10. Gucci

1. Yves Saint Laurent
  2. Jil Sander
  3. Anthony Vaccarello
  4. Balmain
  5. Versace
  6. Gucci
  7. MaxMara
  8. Isabel Marant

This season is like ups and downs. Some looks are just beyond. Breathtakingly gorgeous. aAnd some looks are like "Whoa, really?' Overall, though, i find it more pleasant than last season. Here i go

1. Dries Van Notten
2. YSL
3. Proenza Schouler
4. Jil Sander
5. Jean-Paul Gaultier
6.Theyskens' Theory
8. Stlla McCartney
9. Bottega Veneta
10. Vera Wang

Honorable mentions: Donna Karan, Matthew Williamson, Balmain, Jonathan Saunders and Victoria Beckham

Jil Sander and Proenza Schouler are the only two shows that made my jaw drop this season.

1. comme des garcons
2. nina ricci

really can't come up with more, my list of favourite shows seems to be getting shorter and shorter every season.. i must be getting old and bitter

1. n.21
he really can't do any wrong for me. I love just how he always does his own thing and would basically wear anything from this collection. the shoes were also gorgeous.
1.jpg

2. altuzarra
gorgeous prints and the wrap around dresses, and the coats as well which are always amazing that he does anyway! the colours were great.
2.jpg

3. bcbg max azria
love all of the fur in the jackets and the way the colours were put together as well
3.jpg

4. emilio pucci
the whole show wasnt amazing but just like always there are a few looks which i absolutely love in different ways
4-1.jpg

5. peter pilotto
the prints all amazing...like always
5.jpg

6. juan carlos obando
i don't really know this designer but the colours were fantastic
6.jpg

7. kenzo
such a change from last season and in a really good way and the runway was great as well
7-1.jpg

8. isabel marant
love the silk dresses and leather pants
8.jpg

9. balmain
feel like this is their best in quite a few seasons now
9.jpg

10. missoni
up close it looks amazing, and the styling is really good
10.jpg

(all images from style.com)

• Proenza Schouler
• Balmain
• Preen
• Matthew Williamson
• Aquilano.Rimondi
• Haider Ackermann
• Gucci
• Valentino
• Elie Saab
+

• Blumarine

There're my ten favorite collections.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another poor season, but from what I can remember......

Haider Ackerman
Anthony Vaccarello
Bottega Veneta
Paco Rabanne
Versace......75% of it.
Jil Sander
Alberta Ferretti

Christian Dior
20.jpg
45.jpg
44.jpg

Dries Van Noten
30.jpg
41.jpg
1.jpg
5.jpg
9.jpg
43.jpg

Stella McCartney
2.jpg
27.jpg
12.jpg

all images are from nymag

In alphabetical order

Bottega Veneta
Donna Karan
Emilio Pucci
Gucci
Haider Ackermann
Jil Sander
Proenza Schouler
Salvatore Ferragamo
Versace
Yves Saint LaurentHonorable Mentions: Fendi (I have no idea why, but I liked it) and Mugler(mostly for the hourglass shapes in winter white)

Gucci,
Lanvin,
YSL,
Proenza Schouler,
Stella McCartney,
Chloe,
Isabel Marant,
JPG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members